Author Topic: Marbury Video from STARBURY.com  (Read 5326 times)

Re: Marbury Video from STARBURY.com
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:41 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I still have to believe it when I see it.  If the guy can wear that shamrock the way it's supposed to be worn, the way the champions have worn it before him, then 18 is on our way.  If he disrespects it the way he disrespected New York City, the birthplace of basketball, then it might be tough.

It's not that he's tampering with a championship team, it's that we need him to be a championship team.  If he's not all about ubuntu than we might not have what it takes to win another banner. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 03:05:38 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
not gonna lie,,,,i figured the video would be regular marbury foolishness but he got me excited...and tp...look at Bigal534's tp to post ratio...gotta be illegal
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 06:12:03 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I still have to believe it when I see it.  If the guy can wear that shamrock the way it's supposed to be worn, the way the champions have worn it before him, then 18 is on our way.  If he disrespects it the way he disrespected New York City, the birthplace of basketball, then it might be tough.

It's not that he's tampering with a championship team, it's that we need him to be a championship team.  If he's not all about ubuntu than we might not have what it takes to win another banner. 

New York City is not the birthplace of basketball. Springield, MA is the birthplace.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 06:50:42 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I've always been happy at the prospect of such a talented player backing up Rajon. I haven't really had doubts about his head, because I'm confident that he'll strike the right balance and ultimately help us. Winning or losing #18 wont be down to Stephon one way or the other. I'm just glad he's on board because all he can do is help right now.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Regardless of the words coming out of his mouth, I don't get the sense that his ego has diminished at all, that it's his last chance and has something to prove, that he can contribute to a winner.  He still thinks it's the Stephon Marbury show.
Where's the Mikki Moore video from before he signed with the Celts?  Only a select few players would even make such a video.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Marbury is genuinely happy and excited to be playing for the celtics. He deserves a standing ovation when he checks into the game.