Author Topic: Anything to do?  (Read 3143 times)

Anything to do?
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
To be completely honest, before today I thought Danny was one of the best GM's in the league.  There has never been a trade I completely disagreed with until today.  When I heard the proposed trade I wanted to throw up.  Is there anything we can do to voice our disapproval of Danny?  Anywhere we can meet, anything we can sign?  I obviously know that this would have little significance, but this trade was just so beyond atrocious I want it known that there is a very large percentage of celtics fans that want danny ainge fired.

Re: Anything to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I understand the frustration but there is nothing we can do.

What burns me is the repeated insistence by Ainge that he wanted to build around Rondo, add pieces. Can't believe too much these days.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:26:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Let it play out.  I initially was disgusted with the deal, but I'm feeling it now.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To be completely honest, before today I thought Danny was one of the best GM's in the league.  There has never been a trade I completely disagreed with until today.  When I heard the proposed trade I wanted to throw up.  Is there anything we can do to voice our disapproval of Danny?  Anywhere we can meet, anything we can sign?  I obviously know that this would have little significance, but this trade was just so beyond atrocious I want it known that there is a very large percentage of celtics fans that want danny ainge fired.

man you have lost it. Danny IS one of the best GMs , thats why he had to make this move

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:28:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Do you know now how many 1sts and 2nds he has?   We are bound to get at least two stud picks if we keep all the picks

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
(I swear I'm not saying this maliciously!)  Please explain to me how your feeling this deal now.  The only thing it accomplishes is that we got worse and our draft pick got better.  But any Rondo deal should have accomplished that because we wanted young talent and draft picks.  Instead we got no talent and a very weak first and second round draft pick.  It makes me nautious thinking at one point we could have gotten ben mclemore and now we have nothing.  I really refuse to believe that THIS was the best offer on the table.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:31:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Let it play out.  I initially was disgusted with the deal, but I'm feeling it now.

Isnt there anything else to do besides this.

It's now up to Brandan Wright and Danny himself to prove us wrong about this. How would Wright turn up? What's the next move?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White

man you have lost it. Danny IS one of the best GMs , thats why he had to make this move

This move accomplished nothing.  For how we've been playing I believe that this trade will not HEAVILY influence were we are in the draft.  With that said, for how crappy our return was we were better off gambling on whether or not he would resign.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
(I swear I'm not saying this maliciously!)  Please explain to me how your feeling this deal now.  The only thing it accomplishes is that we got worse and our draft pick got better.  But any Rondo deal should have accomplished that because we wanted young talent and draft picks.  Instead we got no talent and a very weak first and second round draft pick.  It makes me nautious thinking at one point we could have gotten ben mclemore and now we have nothing.  I really refuse to believe that THIS was the best offer on the table.

He likes it because Rondo got traded.

Honestly, if Rondo got traded for Wonder Bread he'll say Danny made a good deal.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 09:39:55 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White

He likes it because Rondo got traded.

Honestly, if Rondo got traded for Wonder Bread he'll say Danny made a good deal.

If the wonder bread came with the same crappy draft pick, I would have rather taken the wonder bread.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
At some point, Ainge realized he had to put the gamble of retaining Rondo up against the potential of another high lottery pick this year.

He's expiring, shooting career lows, and obviously wanted max money or wasn't giving Ainge 100% commitment to re-signing.

What else do people expect for him in a trade when he's expiring and having his worst season as a household name?
Add in the fact that Ainge has inside information and we don't.

Logically we should ponder:
-Was Rondo taking nothing less than the max to play in Boston?
-Were there really any top 10 players that were realistically available in the next 2 seasons to add Rondo?
-Was there a greater chance that he'd leave this summer for nothing?
-Do we risk all of the above AND hurt our shot at a draft which has a top three of:

Okafur
Towns
Muiday....

Losing the magician sucks but I completely understand why Ainge pulled the trigger.
Good for him for having the balls to do this.
Everyone needs to take a breath and realise that this is good for the long term.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

Isnt there anything else to do besides this.

It's now up to Brandan Wright and Danny himself to prove us wrong about this. How would Wright turn up? What's the next move?

Either Wright being traded before the deadline, or us not resigning him.

I mean Wright didn't do anything wrong, we are all going to cheer for him anyways.  He just probably isn't in any long term plans.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Do you know now how many 1sts and 2nds he has?   We are bound to get at least two stud picks if we keep all the picks
This will not happen.  Ainge cannot keep all these picks. That is too much guaranteed money and way WAY too many roster spots and no room for them.

The other shoe has to drop. I see another trade coming where we move picks.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
I understand the frustration but there is nothing we can do.

What burns me is the repeated insistence by Ainge that he wanted to build around Rondo, add pieces. Can't believe too much these days.

What really burns me is that we could have had Mclemore.  Ever since that offer (only because I've always liked Mclemore) I've seen him as the lowest we could get.

What really really burns me is that I think if we offered rondo for derrick williams and mclemore (straight up, noone else & no draft picks), Sac would have accepted as a rental fee.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:45 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Was a Mclemore and picks deal ever on the table for Rondo?  Of course I would have preferred getting a young talented player plus picks instead of Wright and a late 1st and 2nd rounder.

What really really burns me is that I think if we offered rondo for derrick williams and mclemore (straight up, noone else & no draft picks), Sac would have accepted as a rental fee.

Do you have proof that this deal was ever on the table?  It sounds a little too good to be true.