Author Topic: Picks in the 33-40 range for the C's?  (Read 6016 times)

Re: Picks in the 33-40 range for the C's?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:50 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Caleb Swanigan - a big who can rebound, shoot, and pass.

What's the downside with Swanigan? His numbers are great. DE mentions his lack of speed especially on defense.

Watch the replay of Purdue's game against Iowa State yesterday for an example.  He was exploited on D in the second half.  Now, he did more than enough offensively to make up for it, but he was just  too slow to keep up with players off the dribble.
To be fair to Swanigan, ISU played all 6'5 guys. He's probably never seen that all year.

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 05:36:09 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64

What's the downside with Swanigan? His numbers are great. DE mentions his lack of speed especially on defense.

Watch the replay of Purdue's game against Iowa State yesterday for an example.  He was exploited on D in the second half.  Now, he did more than enough offensively to make up for it, but he was just  too slow to keep up with players off the dribble.
To be fair to Swanigan, ISU played all 6'5 guys. He's probably never seen that all year.

The guy he was going up against, Deonte Burton, isn't projected to get drafted. I'd take him at the end of the second round (with the Cavs pick) if he's still there.

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

The guy he was going up against, Deonte Burton, isn't projected to get drafted. I'd take him at the end of the second round (with the Cavs pick) if he's still there.

Wouldn't mind either player. Second this, Burton could be a nice late pick.

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm hoping for Josh Hart at 33 and the rest international draft and stash

I feel bad for Hart; following your strong Mickey and Sabonis endorsements you just gave him your yearly kiss of death.

LM Butt off .....TP

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 12:01:44 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

The guy that burned him all of the 2nd half is Deonte Burton a 6'5" 230ish bull.  Burton is an off the charts athletic player, but Swanigan is going to see even greater athleticism in the NBA.  I feel his quickness is suspect.  Swanigan is a great story, shows great effort and is a good offensive player, but he occupies a territory similar to Sullinger.  Great post player, not tall / athletic enough to be a 5, and not quick enough to be a 4.  He does seem to shoot the 3 ball well and is a good rebounder.  He has had weight problems that he seems to have overcome.  A lot of similarties to Sully, but with a better 3 point shot.  Someone will probably take him prior to us at 40 though.

I think Deonte Burton at 57 would be a nice flier.  He has an nba body, can guard larger players, can play the wing, hit the 3 and off the chart athletic ability.

Monte Morris from ISU at 40 wouldn't be a bad choice if we end up choosing J. Jackson from Kansas and we decide not to bring back D. Jackson.  True point guard who is elite at taking care of the ball and running pick and roll.