Author Topic: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (0-1) Game 2 11/1  (Read 36216 times)

Re: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (0-1) Game 2 11/1
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Faverini is fun to watch.  Lefthanded hooks with laser accuracy and pillowy touch, putback jams in transition, physicality on both ends,  high energy, a decent touch from outside.  What a great scouting job by the front office.  He's all the more enjoyable because I had no prior judgment about him.

« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2013, 11:26:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Phenomenal.  Another fantastic game.  We pulled out another loss, got very promising results from Fav and got trade-value-boosting minutes from Wallace, Bass AND Lee.  Couldn't have asked for a better result tonight.  Very pleased. 

I hope the entire season goes like this... hard-fought losses.

Oh of course you're pleased. I mean, you love every single second the Celtics are being losers.

I'm a big-picture kinda guy.  I'd rather us win 15 games than win 35.  This blog itself acknowledges they have a ceiling of 38 wins.  There's no point to that.   I want a top 8 pick... preferably top 5.  I don't want us to roll over, though.

Meanwhile, I want to see Wallace, Bass and Lee have some productive minutes.  Right now they are terrible contracts that no team in their right mind would trade for.  I want us to dump those mediocre cap-leeches for expiring contracts... the only way that happens is if they put up enough stats to sucker some team into trading for them. 

I also want to see the young guys show improvement.

Tonight was a win/win/win scenario.

#1 - We lost.  We made a game of it, though.  Check. 

#2 - Wallace, Bass and Lee all had solid games.  Check.

#3 - Fav looked fantastic.  Sully played about as good as he will play in 10 minutes of action.   Oly was fine in limited minutes.   Check. 

Negatives:  Bradley was sorta meh.   No stock-increasing minutes for Humph.  Green needs to do more if we're going to dump him for anything substantial.

Overall I give this game another A-.

« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2013, 11:29:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lakers shredding the Spurs in half. They do so darn well during the regular season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Faverini is fun to watch.  Lefthanded hooks with laser accuracy and pillowy touch, putback jams in transition, physicality on both ends,  high energy, a decent touch from outside.  What a great scouting job by the front office.  He's all the more enjoyable because I had no prior judgment about him.

If he keeps playing this well and Rondo comes back before January, it might have a somewhat somber undertone.  We'll have to wonder what this team might have been with Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Fav all playing together.  KG and Fav together... *sigh*... 

I don't find it very likely that Fav will continue to play this well, though.  And who knows when/if ROndo will come back.  So whatevs.

« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Bradley didn't play that bad, but he was a +9 for the game. Vitor played much better and he was only a +1.

« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Can someone explain to me how we lost?

I missed the whole second half.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2013, 12:00:14 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

If he keeps playing this well and Rondo comes back before January, it might have a somewhat somber undertone.  We'll have to wonder what this team might have been with Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Fav all playing together.  KG and Fav together... *sigh*... 

I don't find it very likely that Fav will continue to play this well, though.  And who knows when/if ROndo will come back.  So whatevs.
I don't think that team would be very good, maybe mid-level playoff team.  Rondo, Green, Fav < DWill, JJohnson, Lopez

« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bradley didn't play that bad, but he was a +9 for the game. Vitor played much better and he was only a +1.

That is insane.

He shot 29% from the floor (most of them open shots too), had 4 turnovers, 2 rebounds and 2 assists on 33 minutes, and got 6 fouls too.

How in the world was he a +9, did 1 steal put him into positive?

I don't get it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Wow!!  Brad is coaching the heck out of this thing.  Let's go, guys!!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson