Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 1 5/7/24  (Read 13331 times)

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
What’s the excuse on that JT play? He was 1 on 1 with max struss and couldn’t score and then committed 2 dumb fouls

Uh, he was doing EXACTLY what you have been calling for him to do - forcing a bad possession that wasn't there instead of taking what the offense gives him and the team.

Show me where I called for him to do that?
I called out another poster for saying the cavs can’t guard Tatum when he had 2 points and simply said he has to be better. If you’re in the crew that doesn’t think Tatum has to be better, well you’re wrong and we won’t be making it out of the east.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
Guys, what is all the doom and gloom about? We're up 10 at the half despite Tatum not shooting well and us only shooting 27% from three with a mere 6 three pointers made.

We're in great position.

TP

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!
What’s the excuse on that JT play? He was 1 on 1 with max struss and couldn’t score and then committed 2 dumb fouls

Uh, he was doing EXACTLY what you have been calling for him to do - forcing a bad possession that wasn't there instead of taking what the offense gives him and the team.

Show me where I called for him to do that?
I called out another poster for saying the cavs can’t guard Tatum when he had 2 points and simply said he has to be better. If you’re in the crew that doesn’t think Tatum has to be better, well you’re wrong and we won’t be making it out of the east.

Jaylen has 20 points because the Cavs focused a ton on Tatum. Once another guy gets going, the Cavs will sag off both guys and suddenly JT + JB will go off. That was my point. So far I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happened. Tatum right now has 11 points, only 6 fewer than Mitchell. Meanwhile JB has 20. Cavs can't guard them unless they double or triple Tatum which is what they are doing.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • B's Up
Playing like bums right now, we are lucky to have a lead. Defense has been okay mostly due to Cleveland missing open shots but our offense has looked kind of gross in that 2nd quarter. I wish Tatum and Holiday would take some better shots because I am not a fan of those contested 3s with 18 seconds left on the shot clock
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The Celtics aren’t winning no title with this pathetic version of Tatum. I think this is just who he is he’ll give you an amazing game and drop a 40 50 piece but he’ll follow it up with stinkers. He’ll also go a bunch of stretches where he just looks awful.

This game shouldn’t be 10 should be up way more
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1028
Why am I not surprised at the home struggles.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cannot let okoro be a three point shooter

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
We are fine / ok....10 point lead, we won both quarters.   We just played worse in the 2nd on offense.   Need to move the ball more on offense.   Make them guard us by moving the bodies.  We make it so easy on defenses when JT just backs down and goes ISO for a whole possession.  That should be taken out of the playbook.  Get guys moving without the ball, set good multiple screens for JT / JB and get them the ball when they are moving.  You do that no one on this Cavs team can guard them.

Yep. 

When you have a team with THIS MANY offensive weapons there really is no justification that I can think of for ever having to run ISO plays.  With this team every single player in the rotation is an offensive threat - that is your biggest strength and biggest advantage over the opposition.  Move the ball until somebody gets open - doesn't matter who it is.  I'll happily take an open shot from any of the top 7 or 8 guys on this roster all day, every day.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

Are we really that spoiled that a double digit lead at halftime is now considered "home struggles"??

What is going on here lol We're an entitled bunch if we're complaining this much about being up ten at halftime when we've not played super great all around.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!
The C's had a lead at halftime last year's Game 1 vs. PHI despite having a great half offensively. We let PHI stick around and they stole it. Fearing the same tonight with the Cavs.

Unless of course JT and the others don't let that happen. Is this a new team and roster compared to last year?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics had an opportunity to push this up to a 20 point lead. Got stops.

Then the got lazy on offense. Allowed the cavs life

Just very uneasy about this game.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2572
I thought a lot of shots didn’t fall - open/close but not falling. Missed opportunities at the rim.  And of course a robbery on the Kornet goaltend.

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!

*sippin*

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
First few minutes of this half crucial

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Are we really that spoiled that a double digit lead at halftime is now considered "home struggles"??

What is going on here lol We're an entitled bunch if we're complaining this much about being up ten at halftime when we've not played super great all around.
This Cavs team is anemic offensively they are horrible. We’re so stacked we should be up a lot more.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk