Author Topic: My Rozier trade  (Read 2173 times)

My Rozier trade
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:02:43 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Boston trade Terry Roziet & Yasbuele Guershown to Orlando for Mo Bamba..
Works in trade machine..
Rozier unhappy and probably wont resign..Magic needs a PG terribly! We need a Center badly, so its a win-win for both teams. 😁
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: My Rozier trade
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Yeah that's what i'm thinking, Bamba will be decent return for Rozier

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
We'd have to sweeten the pot a bit, but I'd love to explore a mamba trade.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:13:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Sure, I'd do that trade every day. But I can't see the Magic doing anything other than hanging up the phone. It's a good return for Rozier, but he's in the last year of his contract and won't be any bargain next year.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 03:14:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
We'd have to sweeten the pot a bit, but I'd love to explore a mamba trade.
Throw in a late first but Danny wont do that, he loves those late picks thou they probably be busts..like Melo, Young, Sully, etc
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
We'd have to sweeten the pot a lot... probably the Sac pick.  I think I heard somewhere that the Bulls were interested in him.  I'm not sure if that's true considering they have Lavine and Dunn.  If it is, I'd trade Terry and the Sac pick for Carter.  Carter is playing well.  I doubt the Bulls would go for it though.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
We'd have to sweeten the pot a lot... probably the Sac pick.  I think I heard somewhere that the Bulls were interested in him.  I'm not sure if that's true considering they have Lavine and Dunn.  If it is, I'd trade Terry and the Sac pick for Carter.  Carter is playing well.  I doubt the Bulls would go for it though.

Trade him for Dunn straight up, bring the PC boy back home.. he'd be an instant fan favorite.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 03:29:25 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Trade him for Dunn straight up, bring the PC boy back home.. he'd be an instant fan favorite.

I wouldn't be against it. 

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
would people trade him for fultz?

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If I were Danny, I would find a way to unload Hayward rather than Rozier.

Just watched that Denver game on NBA TV. That rotation of Rozier-Baynes-Morris-Smart-Brown played great in the 1st half, and had a big lead going with their defense and running game. They looked like the old Celtics. They had a double digit lead. When the first team came in, with Hayward, Horford, Irving, Tatum and somebody, the lead melted to nothing by the end of the half.

To win the Celtics have to RUN. And Rozier is part of that running game. I'm not saying Hayward is useless, or that he won't get better in time, but I think he would be better off with another team. He slows down the running game, and he is a step slow on defense.

Danny has a real dilemma here. Seems like he signed Hayward centuries ago, and a lot of water has gone under the dam since. Plus the connection with Stevens.

The future Celtics core looks like Brown, Tatum and Rozier to me, and trading him would weaken the team.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Just watched that Denver game on NBA TV. That rotation of Rozier-Baynes-Morris-Smart-Brown played great in the 1st half, and had a big lead going with their defense and running game. They looked like the old Celtics. They had a double digit lead. When the first team came in, with Hayward, Horford, Irving, Tatum and somebody, the lead melted to nothing by the end of the half.

To win the Celtics have to RUN. And Rozier is part of that running game. I'm not saying Hayward is useless, or that he won't get better in time, but I think he would be better off with another team. He slows down the running game, and he is a step slow on defense.

Danny has a real dilemma here. Seems like he signed Hayward centuries ago, and a lot of water has gone under the dam since. Plus the connection with Stevens.

The future Celtics core looks like Brown, Tatum and Rozier to me, and trading him would weaken the team.

Trading Hayward is clearly not going to happen.. and trading Hayward doesn't then Make Rozier a starter so really doesn't accomplish much in terms of making him happy.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lol. Um, what? The whole Denver run came as soon as Brad put that garbage lineup that you’re talking about in. They have a complete inability to generate offence, as Terry can neither pass nor hit shots this season. Terry has no place on this team.

We’d have to give up a lot more than Rozier and Yabu for a guy that was just taken at #6 and is Orlando’s future C when Vuce is gone
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 06:33:43 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I like Bamba, but we already have Williams as a same type of prospect. Much rather go after Isaac who's a natural PF who I value equally talented and is probably easier to get.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 07:15:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I like Bamba, but we already have Williams as a same type of prospect. Much rather go after Isaac who's a natural PF who I value equally talented and is probably easier to get.
Isaac would most likely be easier to get, as he seems like the odd man out next to Gordon and Bamba.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i expect many gms might not trust Danny and think Rose is fools gold  :P