Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24  (Read 1113 times)

celticinorlando, FLCeltsFan, Atzar, G-Bones, P2, blink and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24
« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:20:31 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
For me it's a must-win because I'm thinking big picture. Look at Denver and some of the champions in recent years. They kept their foot on the gas pedal and just dominated, even on the road. If the C's are that team, they need to bounceback tonight and assert their dominance.

A loss tonight wouldn't doom them for this particular series because they could tie it 2-2 and still win in 6 or 7, but it'd be a bad look if they had to go 6+ with this Miami team in the first round, and I think it'd be a sign this team probably isn't even reaching the Finals.

Denver, Minnesota are probably on their ways to sweeps or easy 5-game wins. They are two of the Top-3 favorites to win it all including Boston, and also were in that "40/20 club" which includes OKC. OKC is up 2-0 in their series, they took care of business at home to begin the series.

You're just making the path much harder and risking injury by playing with your food and prolonging series. Do you think Minnesota and Denver went on the road up 2-0 and thought, "eh we can afford to drop this, no need to go all out"? Nah they had convincing Game 3 wins too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:34:25 AM »

Online G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
The crooked NBA likes to extend series, games, and stars. Like watching wrestling.  Fixed outcomes

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:39:35 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Will def. be watching with the mute on as the HEAT PA bum is beyond annoying.

« Reply #18 on: Today at 09:59:33 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

What? You mean you don't love when Herro hits a 3 and they scream, "TYLER. HERRO....... THREEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOO" with the 50% filled crowd chanting "Lets go Heat"  :laugh:

« Reply #19 on: Today at 10:30:48 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

What? You mean you don't love when Herro hits a 3 and they scream, "TYLER. HERRO....... THREEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOO" with the 50% filled crowd chanting "Lets go Heat"  :laugh:

"FOR YOUR...MIAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HEEEEEEEEAT!!"

Bleh. He was annoying since LeBron joined them and they did that whole welcoming party 2010.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: Today at 11:09:43 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

"FOR YOUR...MIAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HEEEEEEEEAT!!"

Bleh. He was annoying since LeBron joined them and they did that whole welcoming party 2010.

I remember when they did the "White Out" games and the arena also got packed. Now it's becoming clear a good chunk of them were just bandwagon Lebron fans lol, since he left it's been nothing like it.

« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:46:39 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
The crooked NBA likes to extend series, games, and stars. Like watching wrestling.  Fixed outcomes

The Celtics performance last game, or in this series, has nothing to do with Danny Davis, crooked refereeing or the NBA. There will be plenty of chances to extend series over the next two months. Tonight is all about the team. By 8pm, we’ll know a lot more about how the playoffs will go.

« Reply #22 on: Today at 01:21:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I wonder if brown and Tatum will show up today if it’s close in the 4th quarter.

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:23:23 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Officials tonight: James Williams, Mark Lindsay, and Jaycn Goble.

So no Big 3 of Scott Foster, Zach Zarba, and Marc Davis for this game. Ok.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: Today at 03:26:41 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
For me it's a must-win because I'm thinking big picture. Look at Denver and some of the champions in recent years. They kept their foot on the gas pedal and just dominated, even on the road. If the C's are that team, they need to bounceback tonight and assert their dominance.

A loss tonight wouldn't doom them for this particular series because they could tie it 2-2 and still win in 6 or 7, but it'd be a bad look if they had to go 6+ with this Miami team in the first round, and I think it'd be a sign this team probably isn't even reaching the Finals.

Denver, Minnesota are probably on their ways to sweeps or easy 5-game wins. They are two of the Top-3 favorites to win it all including Boston, and also were in that "40/20 club" which includes OKC. OKC is up 2-0 in their series, they took care of business at home to begin the series.

You're just making the path much harder and risking injury by playing with your food and prolonging series. Do you think Minnesota and Denver went on the road up 2-0 and thought, "eh we can afford to drop this, no need to go all out"? Nah they had convincing Game 3 wins too.
I wish we played with the energy of the Magic and as hard defensively as the Knicks. This team just coasts and doesn’t give that maximum effort unless shots are falling. You look around the league like you said the Wolves and Nuggets they are taking care of business and going 1000% it’s something we just do in spurts. Given our personnel too it’s sad and embarrassing. Then we got a coach that makes zero adjustments and it’s just a disaster waiting to happen.

Tatum needs to step up as the best player. You see all the young stars around the league stepping up and willing their teams to wins and they have less experience than the Jays. It’s time to go kill mode and stop playing with your food. Or they are just what they are a front running team that was never as good as their record.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:36:15 PM by j804 »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:31:00 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
All is well...the Green Kornet is scheduled to play today. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: Today at 04:56:19 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’m extremely nervous about this game.