Author Topic: What are some of the most notable things you ever ate and what were the results?  (Read 51277 times)

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
yeah i think you do. back then when you still have flags next to your avatars. we have ube planted in our backyard. we use it for halaya. a big part of filipino cuisine is spanish, just like menudo.

cooking rice in coconut milk, that i havent tried yet  ;D

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Ok, I guess I got a tame one. I used to cook ostrich for the hotties.

Worked great

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Worked great
hotties?  ;D

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Worked great
hotties?  ;D

Well that was my preference at the time you see. Coldies are just..they aren't for me.

Also I didn't want to say chicks seeing as how there are two pictures of fetal duck on the thread. It just felt weird

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Some very interesting responses. I am definitely not into eating most of the stuff you guys have...the most notable thing I've ever eaten was pretty disgusting. About 10 years ago, I was at six flags with a couple of friends and they got some people to chip in a dollar each (for a total of $7) for me to eat a half smoked cigarette that was sitting in a puddle. Looking back, that probably wasn't the best choice, but at least I won't ever forget it.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Some very interesting responses. I am definitely not into eating most of the stuff you guys have...the most notable thing I've ever eaten was pretty disgusting. About 10 years ago, I was at six flags with a couple of friends and they got some people to chip in a dollar each (for a total of $7) for me to eat a half smoked cigarette that was sitting in a puddle. Looking back, that probably wasn't the best choice, but at least I won't ever forget it.

You did that for $7?  Geeze dude. That's like Kenny from South Park stuff

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

You did that for $7?  Geeze dude. That's like Kenny from South Park stuff

You'd starve where I'm from. $7 doesn't get you to eat day old hamburger helper.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
When I was a kid I used to eat peanut butter & tuna fish sandwiches.  :D

One very late night/morning while feeling no pain a bunch of us decided it would be a swell idea to honor Chevy Chase's line from Caddyshack and whipped up a batch of Tuna Coladas.

My bro and also cleaned out the cupboard making the brine for a really nasty batch of pickled eggs that were eaten months later under similar circumstances.

Yup

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Ahhh ... non-food items, huh? Well, I did eat a box of donuts and the box in college, (the kind with 6 donuts wrapped in plastic and the little plastic window in the box), but that was a frat thing ... I HAD to! (It was that or my life!) ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I had a roommate one time who ate 6 earthworms to win an autographed Tesla guitar. Personally though, just the normal out of the ordinary stuff like rabbitt, squirel, frog legs, pigs feet and that is all.

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
I ate Kangaroo one time and I thought it was good.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I ate Kangaroo one time and I thought it was good.
was it kinda like venison?

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Alligator, ostrich, frogs legs all aren't bad (I thought Ostrich tasted a little too bloody though).  Chicken's feet were terrible.  I usually enjoy tripe (cow stomach lining) when prepared at Asian restaurants.

As for things that were eaten on dares...

I tried to drink a gallon of gravy on a bet.  I got about 1/3 through and threw up.  Everyone tried to pull their money off the table and I drunkenly shouted "I didn't say I was done!!" and drank about another 1/3.  Then I couldn't go anymore.  Out of respect for my heroic effort, I was given the money to keep.  That was awful, just awful.

An ashtray full of cigarrette ash, poured into a glass of water.  That actually wasn't too awful.

I bit off half a bar of soap and ate that to make a point.  People were complaining.  I wanted to show them what huge sissies they were.  They shutup and worked after that.

A can of miller lite put through an industrial dishwasher.  Piping hot flat beer, mmmMMmmm.

I've taken shot glasses full of tobasco plenty of times.  I use it to clean out my sinuses in extreme cases.

I've used shot glasses of A1 steak sauce as a chaser when drinking Whiskey.  Either that or the Whiskey caused one of the worse hangovers of my life.

I'm forgetting a lot of stuff here.  And intentionally leaving some off too.  This post should tell you two things.  First, I have an amazing stomach.  Second, I have a not so amazing brain.

EDIT:  Oh, the worst thing I ever ate was probably a McDonald's cheeseburger.  1/3 filler, 1/3 beef, 1/3 poison.  Yummmm.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
This was an awesome thread

I just remembered I ate shredded pig ear once and hated it, but all my meals combined has nothing on an average meal that Bakhu and Edgar are discussing.

Still some questions to be answered

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I studied abroad in Ireland for a semester, and that included doing my own shopping.  I was at the grocery store with one of my Irish roommates, who was living on his own for the first time.

We were in the freezer aisle, trying to stretch our money as far as possible, when we saw "30 hamburger patties" for the equivalent of about $4.

We thought we scored, until we got home.  The "hamburger" was white and looked chalky, and didn't look like any beef we'd ever eaten.  At that point, I read the box, and there was a small box on there that said something along the lines of "Does not contain more than 40% sawdust".  Seriously.  Sawdust.

Undaunted, we both decided to be adventurous, assuming that they weren't *that* bad.  They were.  We couldn't eat those things even when completely blitzed.  We tried pawning them off on other roommates, friends, etc., but nobody could get one down. 

It's definitely not as cool a story as some of here, but it still cracks me up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes