Author Topic: I now hate Brett Favre  (Read 4059 times)

I now hate Brett Favre
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Never hated the guy before always respected him and the way he played.  However, I have seen nothing but Brett Favre rumors for the past 2 offseasons its making me lose it.  At some point when is the media just going to say "OK Brett, WE DONT CARE WHAT YOURE DOING JUST DO IT!!!"  You cant even watch sportscenter longer than 6 minutes without a Brett Favre update. 

The deadline rumor was false.
The Vikings suspend pursuit of Favre.
Childress says his timetable is Favre's timetable.
Favre this Favre that IT ISNT FOOTBALL SEASON NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU BRETT. 

Either you want to play for Minn or you dont.  If you do take your time and make that decision.  Dont update the media every 6 seconds.

kasdflkjasdl;fjkdsa Brett I hate you stop clogging sports shows youre turning into the NFL Draft.
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Re: I now hate Brett Favre
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Who the hell is Brett Farve?

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
When he left my Packers the way he did I was done with him then.  Go fly a kite, Brett.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 01:10:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I've disliked him for years now (Probably started sometime around Super Bowl XXXI)

I think he's a primadonna and I think the media has always overpraised him.  Its never his fault according to most media pundits. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 01:31:58 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Shouldn't the title of the thread be "I now hate the media"?

I'm no fan of Brett Favre.  I think he's always been overrated, and now he's just plain awful.  But it's the media that's harping on all this stuff.  It should make it on to the scroll at the bottom of the T.V., and that's it.  I've never seen such a big deal being made about a player that has no chance of leading a team to a title.

Oh, I forgot.  The genius John Hollinger has enlightened us and let us know that winning isn't that important.  It's all about stars.   ::)

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I'm no fan of Brett Favre.  I think he's always been overrated, and now he's just plain awful.  But it's the media that's harping on all this stuff.  It should make it on to the scroll at the bottom of the T.V., and that's it.  I've never seen such a big deal being made about a player that has no chance of leading a team to a title.

Oh, I forgot.  The genius John Hollinger has enlightened us and let us know that winning isn't that important.  It's all about stars.   ::)

I agree the media is overhyping it, but come on. Brett wants to be the "aw shucks i just love me some football, and thats it!" persona, but he's now proven he's about nothing but himself. IF he comes back to the bvikes, it will be for nothing but to try to spite Green bay.

And what did green bay do to earn this haterd that he admits drove him to the jets last year to "prove" something to the packers?

Prepare for the future and not be willing to be held hostage by brett taking 3 months to decide "will I or won't I retire" for a third straight year? for having the nerve to stick with him long past when most other teams would have gone in a new direction? For thinking ahead and drafting a good QB to replace him that they couldn't keep on the shelf anymore?

Brett farve is all about brett farve, thats the bottom line.  the media gives him a pass for his good ol' boy image.

We've had this discussion among my friends, can you imagine if brett farve was not America's white good ol boy and he pulled the franchise hostage holding crap he pulled in green bay?

He'd be run out of town for being a selfish player and not putting the team first. But since he's middle America's hero, its against the rules to suggest he's a selfish prick who makes this entire media circus go due to his numerous "im retired/ now im not" antics.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:53:14 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I agree the media is overhyping it, but come on. Brett wants to be the "aw shucks i just love me some football, and thats it!" persona, but he's now proven he's about nothing but himself. IF he comes back to the bvikes, it will be for nothing but to try to spite Green bay.

And what did green bay do to earn this haterd that he admits drove him to the jets last year to "prove" something to the packers?

Prepare for the future and not be willing to be held hostage by brett taking 3 months to decide "will I or won't I retire" for a third straight year? for having the nerve to stick with him long past when most other teams would have gone in a new direction? For thinking ahead and drafting a good QB to replace him that they couldn't keep on the shelf anymore?

Brett farve is all about brett farve, thats the bottom line.  the media gives him a pass for his good ol' boy image.

We've had this discussion among my friends, can you imagine if brett farve was not America's white good ol boy and he pulled the franchise hostage holding crap he pulled in green bay?

He'd be run out of town for being a selfish player and not putting the team first. But since he's middle America's hero, its against the rules to suggest he's a selfish prick who makes this entire media circus go due to his numerous "im retired/ now im not" antics.
Well said, Crownsy.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
What took you so long, we've been waiting for you to join the fellowship.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 02:03:27 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I agree with everything you said.  I'm just saying that the media are the ones feeding into all of this, and that's what is affecting me.  I couldn't care less what Favre is doing.  Whether he comes back or not makes no difference to me.  Either way, the Patriots will be much better than whatever team he plays on.  What bothers me is the media harping on every little piece of information.  And I agree.  Favre is LOVING all the attention, because he is an ego-driven Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  But it's the media's fault for giving that attention to him.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37

I agree with everything you said.  I'm just saying that the media are the ones feeding into all of this, and that's what is affecting me.  I couldn't care less what Favre is doing.  Whether he comes back or not makes no difference to me.  Either way, the Patriots will be much better than whatever team he plays on.  What bothers me is the media harping on every little piece of information.  And I agree.  Favre is LOVING all the attention, because he is an ego-driven Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  But it's the media's fault for giving that attention to him.

you said it right there.  The media is harping on every little bit of information that pops up about Brett Favre.  I wouldnt put it past the media to update us on what Favre's kids think and what his kids best friends think.  The media never ceases to amaze me I wish they would just stop giving this guy all the attention and put the attention elsewhere like oh i dont know THINGS THAT MATTER.
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 04:53:51 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

+eleventybillion

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
For some reason, my dislike list consists of : Favre, Lance Armstrong, and Cal Ripken. I would've given you a tommy point, but you said you liked him up until 2 years ago. There's not enough hatred to stir the pot yet in this young one.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Most overrated QB in NFL history. Lost his team more big games than he won and was unprofessional for what seems like the last third of his career