Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 635273 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League
« Reply #1500 on: October 21, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
How do we go about placing bids with FAAB $$$???

I am assuming its done on CBS site, but I am not seeing how to do it.... HELP!

Go to the "Add/Drop" tab on your team roster page.  You'll be able to place bids there.  The top bid is the highest priority bid (if it wins).  You can bid on multiple adds with the same dropped player, but only the highest priority bid that wins will count. 

Here's a guide Redz sent me awhile back - it's a little dense but read it a couple times and it should make sense.

http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132/kw/faab/r_id/166

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but when you attempt to bid on a player it states clear next to his name. Does that me that he has no bids on him? The second part of the question would be does anyone know if the clear disappears if there is a bid on someone. I just check through every player and they are all clear. It just could impact the amount you bid on a player if they show as clear...Thanks!!

"Clear" is just something you can click on to remove the player.  So if I try to Add Tony Allen (not bloody likely), his name shows up under the list - clicking clear just takes that name away.

« Reply #1501 on: October 21, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
How do we go about placing bids with FAAB $$$???

I am assuming its done on CBS site, but I am not seeing how to do it.... HELP!

Go to the "Add/Drop" tab on your team roster page.  You'll be able to place bids there.  The top bid is the highest priority bid (if it wins).  You can bid on multiple adds with the same dropped player, but only the highest priority bid that wins will count. 

Here's a guide Redz sent me awhile back - it's a little dense but read it a couple times and it should make sense.

http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132/kw/faab/r_id/166

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but when you attempt to bid on a player it states clear next to his name. Does that me that he has no bids on him? The second part of the question would be does anyone know if the clear disappears if there is a bid on someone. I just check through every player and they are all clear. It just could impact the amount you bid on a player if they show as clear...Thanks!!

"Clear" is just something you can click on to remove the player.  So if I try to Add Tony Allen (not bloody likely), his name shows up under the list - clicking clear just takes that name away.

Ah makes sense...Thanks!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1502 on: October 21, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Thanks for all the good info guys.  I am now able to submit my $130 claim on Tony Allen :)
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #1503 on: October 22, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Does the FAAB system work so that you actually pay the amount of $ that you bid, or does it work auction style so you only pay as much as other people bid against you?

« Reply #1504 on: October 22, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Does the FAAB system work so that you actually pay the amount of $ that you bid, or does it work auction style so you only pay as much as other people bid against you?

It's a blind auction, so you pay what you bid - if you bid $30 for a guy and no one else bids more than $5, it's still $30 out of your FAAB.  But the actual salary (if you wanted to keep them going forward) is always $5 no matter what the bid was.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:51:20 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #1505 on: October 22, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

It's a blind auction, so you pay what you bid - if you bid $30 for a guy and no one else bids more than $5, it's still $30 out of your FAAB.  But the actual salary (if you wanted to keep them going forward) is always $5 no matter what the bid was.

Thanks for clearing that up. I probably wouldn't have bid $20 for Haslem if I had known that, but oh well. Live and learn!!

« Reply #1506 on: October 22, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I cant log in

:(

Help please ?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1507 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:34 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I have a question that won't pertain to this year; but, everyones contract is for 2 years?  So does the option year pertain to their 2nd year or their third year?

Also say the option year is their third year... If you don't plan to pick up their option will that player play out the third year at their current rate and then be gone from your keepers once the 4th year auction occurs.

But if you want to keep the player you add an additional $5 to their contract which then means in the third year their salary is their old salary +5, then in the 4th year would be their 3rd year salary +5 more dollars?

« Reply #1508 on: October 26, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
But if you want to keep the player you add an additional $5 to their contract which then means in the third year their salary is their old salary +5, then in the 4th year would be their 3rd year salary +5 more dollars?

This is right - the third year is the option year, where salaries start to rise, and another $5 is added for each subsequent year.

Also say the option year is their third year... If you don't plan to pick up their option will that player play out the third year at their current rate and then be gone from your keepers once the 4th year auction occurs.

I'm a little fuzzy on this though - if you don't pick up the option, whether you can keep them at their original salary for a 3rd year and are forced to drop them at the end of Year 3, or if you have to drop them immediately after refusing the option.  I think it's the latter though.

Unrelated question - has anyone found a head-to-head page, where you can see how your team is doing against their opponent?  Or will those open up once the games actually start?  I can see the schedule but nothing that actually lines my team up against Redz'.

« Reply #1509 on: October 26, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I have a question that won't pertain to this year; but, everyones contract is for 2 years?  So does the option year pertain to their 2nd year or their third year?

Hey Kwhit10, I think this might help, as I asked Redz something similar way back in the beginning (and hopefully saves Redz some typing too):

man, the salaries are way out of whack from what I'm prepared to spend.  Hopefully waiting it out doesn't leave me empty handed.

I'm sort of hoping that Edgar ends up with Rose, Aldridge, Griffin, and Horford.  That's $170 dollars tied up in four players, with $80 left to spend on 11 others ()

Well its a pretty nice base to start a keeper league
)

yeh, but you have to KEEP the salaries too  :D

Bit fuzzy on this too - is there a built-in raise after Year 1 or are they pegged to the exact salary?  The $5 "option year" fee is what I'm talking about.  Does that kick in at the beginning of Year 2 to extend the contract, or is it before Year 3?

We won't have any contract decisions to make until before the 3rd season.  Next season's preseason decision will revolve solely around who your keepers are and who your draft picks will be (if you don't trade the picks)

I guess I'm not quite sure how this works either.  So say LeBron goes for 80 to Mean Green.

Barring any trades/cuts and assuming his option is picked up:
Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 1.
Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 2.
Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 3? Or is it 85? Or is it 5? Or am I just totally confused?

So now after year 3, LeBron goes back to the free agent pool and we all bid for him again?  But based on trades/cuts/rookies/keepers, etc. we might not all have the same cap spaced we have now?  Is it possible that Mean Green loses LeBron and his 80 salary, but nobody else has more than 40 in cap space (not that I really think this will happen), so if he wanted, Mean Green could re-sign LeBron for 41 because nobody else has the cap space?

???

Assuming Lebron is "kept" for 2 years, before season 3 his owner can do any of the following

1) cut him
2) let him play out his option at $80 and lose the power to reup him the following year (he would become a free agent in year 4)
3) extend his contract for an additional year for $5 - making him $85 and giving his owner the same choices the following year.

We will see a ton of Option Players in year 3 with the salaries these guys are getting.  They make for interesting trade fodder, as the teams holding them are prone to getting something for them before they lose them.  Contenders generally pile up on the option players for the short term fix, while non-contender trade them away and load up on draft picks and lower salary keepers.

This is a couple years down the road though!

It's unlikely that you're scenario would work out with no one having $41 left, but we will see a lot of overpriced guys go back into next years auction as owners feel they need the cap space or that they could get the same guy or better for less money.

So Mario Chalmers has been working really hard this off season.  Ends up putting up Oscar Robertson like numbers, averages a triple double, 30-10-10, he becomes the best player in the league, yada, yada, yada

MMSB can just extend him for $5 per year every year after year 2 for as long as he wants?  

So it would be something like this?

Mario Chalmers, year 1, $3
Mario Chalmers, year 2, $3
Mario Chalmers, year 3, $8 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 4, $13 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 5, $18 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 6, $23 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 7, $28 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 8, $33 if option is picked up
etc.

This is how it would work?

Exactly.  And thus the value hooking a bargain.  And the value of the Rookie Draft in future years.  Rookie Picks are locked into starting salaries based on where they were picked.  In the roto league with the same rules I drafted David Lee with the 26th (and final pick).  I hung on to him for a dollar, and he's still a huge bargain.  John Wall would be a $20 player (as opposed to the silly amount he'll likely go for in this auction.  The Draft Picks can be huge for building a team.  Unfortunately there was no fair way to do a college draft this year.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:01:09 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1510 on: October 26, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

This is right - the third year is the option year, where salaries start to rise, and another $5 is added for each subsequent year.

I'm a little fuzzy on this though - if you don't pick up the option, whether you can keep them at their original salary for a 3rd year and are forced to drop them at the end of Year 3, or if you have to drop them immediately after refusing the option.  I think it's the latter though.

If you choose to keep the player for his 3rd season, but not re-up the salary he will become a free agent at the end of the season.

Everything else you explained (or quoted) was correct.

Unrelated question - has anyone found a head-to-head page, where you can see how your team is doing against their opponent?  Or will those open up once the games actually start?  I can see the schedule but nothing that actually lines my team up against Redz'.

I was looking for this too, the only place that I can see where we'll be able to check scores is the Live Scoring link, but I'm guessing there will be some results available in the Schedule page too.  The Live Scoring page is pretty robust though and even has a live chat for league wide or one-to-one purposes.  It's pretty fun to follow.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:34:58 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #1511 on: October 26, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
Thanks for the responses.  I was totally confused about having players on your team where you don't pick up their option for the third year, but they still play year 3 on your team even though everyones contract on my team page says only 2 years.

« Reply #1512 on: October 26, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I was looking for this too, the only place that I can see where we'll be able to check scores is the Live Scoring link, but I'm guessing there will be some results available in the Schedule page too.  The Live Scoring page is pretty robust though and even has a live chat for league wide or one-to-one purposes.  It's pretty fun to follow.

That live scoring page looks really nice  - I'll check it out tonight during our epic Camby v Turkoglu clash.

We can change our lineups every day, right?  Or are we stuck with the same lineup for a full week?

« Reply #1513 on: October 27, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
Another question.

So after we keep our keepers.  The rest of the team is thrown into the free agent pool right?

Now since these players were cut when a team signs them do they still hold their contracts that the team that cut them was paying for them.

Or when they are cut because they are not kept do they lose the contract and we hold another auction on everyone who was not kept and bid on them for their new contract?

« Reply #1514 on: October 27, 2010, 09:58:21 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Another question.

So after we keep our keepers.  The rest of the team is thrown into the free agent pool right?

Now since these players were cut when a team signs them do they still hold their contracts that the team that cut them was paying for them.

Or when they are cut because they are not kept do they lose the contract and we hold another auction on everyone who was not kept and bid on them for their new contract?

I asked about this one a while back - everyone that's cut is re-auctioned.  So when LeBron is inevitably cut at the end of the year, nobody has to pony up $80 to get him, he just gets re-auctioned.  I think this resets the contract length too.