Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 635269 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Day 30 of Auction is Live)
« Reply #1485 on: October 20, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #1486 on: October 20, 2010, 06:18:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Does the FAAB bidding on free agents occur on the CBS page or is that done on the forum?

from here on in 99.9% of what goes on will be handled through the CBS page.

I added the last of the players to the rosters.  7 teams have legal rosters.  Juggernauts and MD can pick up a free agent each tonight (and receive $5 FAAB fines)

The rest need to do as described to get their rosters legal. 

I'm going to turn on the FAAB, but please do not bid tonight unless you are MD or Juggs.

Juggernauts - 1
MD - 1
Beasts - need to activate a rookie
MMSB - need to reserve 7 rookies!
RIPRED - need to activate a rookie
Yup

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League
« Reply #1487 on: October 20, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Should we post questions here or there?  One question I have is the bidding blind. Meaning we all put in our bids and whoever happens to have the highest gets the player or are we aware of what the higher bid is for the player. It appears to be the former but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1488 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Should we post questions here or there?  One question I have is the bidding blind. Meaning we all put in our bids and whoever happens to have the highest gets the player or are we aware of what the higher bid is for the player. It appears to be the former but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Here's fine.

You are bidding blind.  Ties are broken by waiver process (that is random to start the season then done by a combo standings and most recent transactions on a weekly basis).

There is a way to prioritize your bids so you can do contingency bids, but this will only work if you are dumping the same player on each contingency bid.  What I've done in the past is add a "dummy" player to rosters so you can put the dummy in as your drop, then rank your priority on picking up a free agent.

it'll make more sense once you go through the process.
Yup

« Reply #1489 on: October 20, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
Does the FAAB bidding on free agents occur on the CBS page or is that done on the forum?

I added the last of the players to the rosters.  7 teams have legal rosters.  Juggernauts and MD can pick up a free agent each tonight (and receive $5 FAAB fines)

I'm going to turn on the FAAB, but please do not bid tonight unless you are MD or Juggs.

Juggernauts - 1
MD - 1

Do me & Mother Dunkers have exclusive bidding tonight or are we just able to put in the first bid to be counted tomorrow.  I just bid on a player so I was wondering how that was going to work

« Reply #1490 on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

I added the last of the players to the rosters.  7 teams have legal rosters.  Juggernauts and MD can pick up a free agent each tonight (and receive $5 FAAB fines)

Juggernauts - 1
MD - 1

Do me & Mother Dunkers have exclusive bidding tonight or are we just able to put in the first bid to be counted tomorrow.  I just bid on a player so I was wondering how that was going to work

Also since they are short rostered, they should only be allowed to pick up free agents that weren't apart of the draft auction.  What I mean is they should not be able to get players that were up for auction and not bid on.  Since this roster shortness is an extension of the draft.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:46:55 PM by Kwhit10 »

« Reply #1491 on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
By 2 am Thursday, you mean tomorrow night, right?  Just wanna be sure since it says to have bids in by then.

« Reply #1492 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I added the last of the players to the rosters.  7 teams have legal rosters.  Juggernauts and MD can pick up a free agent each tonight (and receive $5 FAAB fines)

Juggernauts - 1
MD - 1

Do me & Mother Dunkers have exclusive bidding tonight or are we just able to put in the first bid to be counted tomorrow.  I just bid on a player so I was wondering how that was going to work

Also since they are short rostered, they should only be allowed to pick up free agents that weren't apart of the draft auction.  What I mean is they should not be able to get players that were up for auction and not bid on.  Since this roster shortness is an extension of the draft.

yes to all of the above
Yup

« Reply #1493 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
By 2 am Thursday, you mean tomorrow night, right?  Just wanna be sure since it says to have bids in by then.

2 AM Thursday means in 5 hours and 12 minutes.
Yup

« Reply #1494 on: October 20, 2010, 08:53:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
By 2 am Thursday, you mean tomorrow night, right?  Just wanna be sure since it says to have bids in by then.

Ok, sorry but still a bit confused.  On the CBS page, you say "The FAAB process will begin on Thursday, October 21st at approximately 2AM EST. Please be sure to have any bids in before that time. Good Luck!".  But earlier here you said:

So, I should or should not be placing bids before 2 am tonight?

« Reply #1495 on: October 20, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
By 2 am Thursday, you mean tomorrow night, right?  Just wanna be sure since it says to have bids in by then.

Ok, sorry but still a bit confused.  On the CBS page, you say "The FAAB process will begin on Thursday, October 21st at approximately 2AM EST. Please be sure to have any bids in before that time. Good Luck!".  But earlier here you said:

no bids tonight except for Mother Dunkers and Juggernauts

Open season for the following day's FAAB process.
Yup

« Reply #1496 on: October 20, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

no bids tonight except for Mother Dunkers and Juggernauts

Open season for the following day's FAAB process.

Ok, will bid tomorrow morning.  Thanks!

« Reply #1497 on: October 21, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
How do we go about placing bids with FAAB $$$???

I am assuming its done on CBS site, but I am not seeing how to do it.... HELP!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #1498 on: October 21, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Go to the "Add/Drop" tab on your team roster page.  You'll be able to place bids there.  The top bid is the highest priority bid (if it wins).  You can bid on multiple adds with the same dropped player, but only the highest priority bid that wins will count. 

Here's a guide Redz sent me awhile back - it's a little dense but read it a couple times and it should make sense.

http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132/kw/faab/r_id/166

« Reply #1499 on: October 21, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

Go to the "Add/Drop" tab on your team roster page.  You'll be able to place bids there.  The top bid is the highest priority bid (if it wins).  You can bid on multiple adds with the same dropped player, but only the highest priority bid that wins will count. 

Here's a guide Redz sent me awhile back - it's a little dense but read it a couple times and it should make sense.

http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132/kw/faab/r_id/166

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but when you attempt to bid on a player it states clear next to his name. Does that me that he has no bids on him? The second part of the question would be does anyone know if the clear disappears if there is a bid on someone. I just check through every player and they are all clear. It just could impact the amount you bid on a player if they show as clear...Thanks!!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird