Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 635248 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Day 3 of Auction is Live)
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, barring any last minute bids, Lebron is off the board at midnight, huh?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'll be surprised if someone doesn't go 81.

« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
man, the salaries are way out of whack from what I'm prepared to spend.  Hopefully waiting it out doesn't leave me empty handed.

I know. Definitely no bargains to be had on this board yet.

Hey, I got (Super)Mario Chalmers for $3.  Thats a bargain!

lol
i will be very interested in  how that 80 grow tonight
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
man, the salaries are way out of whack from what I'm prepared to spend.  Hopefully waiting it out doesn't leave me empty handed.

I'm sort of hoping that Edgar ends up with Rose, Aldridge, Griffin, and Horford.  That's $170 dollars tied up in four players, with $80 left to spend on 11 others ()

Well its a pretty nice base to start a keeper league
)

yeh, but you have to KEEP the salaries too  :D

Bit fuzzy on this too - is there a built-in raise after Year 1 or are they pegged to the exact salary?  The $5 "option year" fee is what I'm talking about.  Does that kick in at the beginning of Year 2 to extend the contract, or is it before Year 3?

We won't have any contract decisions to make until before the 3rd season.  Next season's preseason decision will revolve solely around who your keepers are and who your draft picks will be (if you don't trade the picks)
Yup

« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'll be surprised if someone doesn't go 81.

You think?  I can't imagine folks are going to be knocking down the door to pledge more than 32% of their cap to one guy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Day 2
James, LeBron SF MIA - Mean Green - 80
Griffin, Blake PF LAC (R) - edgarcrotors - 45
McGrady, Tracy SG DET -  Shipyard - 5

Day 3
Williams, Terrence SG NJ - Kentucky Mean - 5
Rose, Derrick PG CHI - edgarcrotors - 45
Jack, Jarrett PG TOR - AP - 3
Duncan, Tim PF SA - AP - 36
Gordon, Ben SG DET - AP - 12
Horford, Al C ATL - edgarcrotors - 40
Salmons, John SF MI - AP- 14
Bibby, Mike PG ATL - edgarcrotors - 6
Ridnour, Luke PG MIN - Naturals - 12
Williams, Mo PG CLE - Naturals - 31
Jamison, Antawn PF CLE - AP- 28
Crawford, Jamal PG ATL - AP - 20
Mayo, O.J. SG MEM - Juggernauts - 37
Martin, Kenyon PF DEN - Kentucky Mean - 4
Hill, George PG SA  - Kentucky Mean - 16
Aldridge, LaMarcus PF POR - edgarcrotors - 40
Wesley Johnson    SF MIN (R) - Kentucky Mean - 7
Yup

« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I'm sort of hoping that Edgar ends up with Rose, Aldridge, Griffin, and Horford.  That's $170 dollars tied up in four players, with $80 left to spend on 11 others ()

)

Bit fuzzy on this too - is there a built-in raise after Year 1 or are they pegged to the exact salary?  The $5 "option year" fee is what I'm talking about.  Does that kick in at the beginning of Year 2 to extend the contract, or is it before Year 3?

We won't have any contract decisions to make until before the 3rd season.  Next season's preseason decision will revolve solely around who your keepers are and who your draft picks will be (if you don't trade the picks)

I guess I'm not quite sure how this works either.  So say LeBron goes for 80 to Mean Green.

Barring any trades/cuts and assuming his option is picked up:
Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 1.
Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 2.
Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 3? Or is it 85? Or is it 5? Or am I just totally confused?

So now after year 3, LeBron goes back to the free agent pool and we all bid for him again?  But based on trades/cuts/rookies/keepers, etc. we might not all have the same cap spaced we have now?  Is it possible that Mean Green loses LeBron and his 80 salary, but nobody else has more than 40 in cap space (not that I really think this will happen), so if he wanted, Mean Green could re-sign LeBron for 41 because nobody else has the cap space?

???

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
man, the salaries are way out of whack from what I'm prepared to spend.  Hopefully waiting it out doesn't leave me empty handed.

I'm sort of hoping that Edgar ends up with Rose, Aldridge, Griffin, and Horford.  That's $170 dollars tied up in four players, with $80 left to spend on 11 others ()

)

yeh, but you have to KEEP the salaries too  :D

Bit fuzzy on this too - is there a built-in raise after Year 1 or are they pegged to the exact salary?  The $5 "option year" fee is what I'm talking about.  Does that kick in at the beginning of Year 2 to extend the contract, or is it before Year 3?

We won't have any contract decisions to make until before the 3rd season.  Next season's preseason decision will revolve solely around who your keepers are and who your draft picks will be (if you don't trade the picks)

I guess I'm not quite sure how this works either.  So say LeBron goes for 80 to Mean Green.

Mean Green has LeBron for 80 in year 3? Or is it 85? Or is it 5? Or am I just totally confused?

So now after year 3, LeBron goes back to the free agent pool and we all bid for him again?  But based on trades/cuts/rookies/keepers, etc. we might not all have the same cap spaced we have now?  Is it possible that Mean Green loses LeBron and his 80 salary, but nobody else has more than 40 in cap space (not that I really think this will happen), so if he wanted, Mean Green could re-sign LeBron for 41 because nobody else has the cap space?

???

Assuming Lebron is "kept" for 2 years, before season 3 his owner can do any of the following

1) cut him
2) let him play out his option at $80 and lose the power to reup him the following year (he would become a free agent in year 4)
3) extend his contract for an additional year for $5 - making him $85 and giving his owner the same choices the following year.

We will see a ton of Option Players in year 3 with the salaries these guys are getting.  They make for interesting trade fodder, as the teams holding them are prone to getting something for them before they lose them.  Contenders generally pile up on the option players for the short term fix, while non-contender trade them away and load up on draft picks and lower salary keepers.

This is a couple years down the road though!

It's unlikely that you're scenario would work out with no one having $41 left, but we will see a lot of overpriced guys go back into next years auction as owners feel they need the cap space or that they could get the same guy or better for less money.
Yup

« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
Day 2

Day 3
Jack, Jarrett PG TOR - Handsome - 4
Gordon, Ben SG DET - Handsome - 13
Salmons, John SF MI - Handsome - 15
Hill, George PG SA  - Handsome - 17

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Day 4's IPO's posted (no bids til 9 am)

Will Bronnie make it til modnight?

Day 2
McGrady, Tracy SG DET -  Shipyard - 5

Day 3

Salmons, John SF MI - AP - 16
Hill, George PG SA  - Handsome - 17

Day 4
Jennings, Brandon PG MIL
Randolph, Anthony PF NY
Randolph, Zach PF MEM
Brand, Elton PF PHI
Stuckey, Rodney PG DET
Kirilenko, Andrei SF UTA
Boozer, Carlos PF CHI
Yup

« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo

)

I guess I'm not quite sure how this works either.  So say LeBron goes for 80 to Mean Green.

So now after year 3, LeBron goes back to the free agent pool and we all bid for him again?  But based on trades/cuts/rookies/keepers, etc. we might not all have the same cap spaced we have now?  Is it possible that Mean Green loses LeBron and his 80 salary, but nobody else has more than 40 in cap space (not that I really think this will happen), so if he wanted, Mean Green could re-sign LeBron for 41 because nobody else has the cap space?

???

Assuming Lebron is "kept" for 2 years, before season 3 his owner can do any of the following

1) cut him
2) let him play out his option at $80 and lose the power to reup him the following year (he would become a free agent in year 4)
3) extend his contract for an additional year for $5 - making him $85 and giving his owner the same choices the following year.

We will see a ton of Option Players in year 3 with the salaries these guys are getting.  They make for interesting trade fodder, as the teams holding them are prone to getting something for them before they lose them.  Contenders generally pile up on the option players for the short term fix, while non-contender trade them away and load up on draft picks and lower salary keepers.

It's unlikely that you're scenario would work out with no one having $41 left, but we will see a lot of overpriced guys go back into next years auction as owners feel they need the cap space or that they could get the same guy or better for less money.

So Mario Chalmers has been working really hard this off season.  Ends up putting up Oscar Robertson like numbers, averages a triple double, 30-10-10, he becomes the best player in the league, yada, yada, yada

MMSB can just extend him for $5 per year every year after year 2 for as long as he wants? 

So it would be something like this?

Mario Chalmers, year 1, $3
Mario Chalmers, year 2, $3
Mario Chalmers, year 3, $8 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 4, $13 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 5, $18 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 6, $23 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 7, $28 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 8, $33 if option is picked up
etc.

This is how it would work?

« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Guys, we lost

somewhere along the line. 

Have to check back and see if LeBron goes...won't be to me though.

« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2010, 10:36:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

)

???

1) cut him

We will see a ton of Option Players in year 3 with the salaries these guys are getting.  They make for interesting trade fodder, as the teams holding them are prone to getting something for them before they lose them.  Contenders generally pile up on the option players for the short term fix, while non-contender trade them away and load up on draft picks and lower salary keepers.

So Mario Chalmers has been working really hard this off season.  Ends up putting up Oscar Robertson like numbers, averages a triple double, 30-10-10, he becomes the best player in the league, yada, yada, yada

MMSB can just extend him for $5 per year every year after year 2 for as long as he wants? 

So it would be something like this?

Mario Chalmers, year 1, $3
Mario Chalmers, year 2, $3
Mario Chalmers, year 3, $8 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 4, $13 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 5, $18 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 6, $23 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 7, $28 if option is picked up
Mario Chalmers, year 8, $33 if option is picked up
etc.

This is how it would work?

Exactly.  And thus the value hooking a bargain.  And the value of the Rookie Draft in future years.  Rookie Picks are locked into starting salaries based on where they were picked.  In the roto league with the same rules I drafted David Lee with the 26th (and final pick).  I hung on to him for a dollar, and he's still a huge bargain.  John Wall would be a $20 player (as opposed to the silly amount he'll likely go for in this auction.  The Draft Picks can be huge for building a team.  Unfortunately there was no fair way to do a college draft this year.

Yup

« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
ADDED Wesley Johnson back to the list.  Thanks for the heads up FWF.

Day 2

Day 3

Salmons, John SF MI - AP - 16
Hill, George PG SA  - Handsome - 17

Day 4
Jennings, Brandon PG MIL
Randolph, Anthony PF NY
Randolph, Zach PF MEM
Brand, Elton PF PHI
Stuckey, Rodney PG DET
Kirilenko, Andrei SF UTA
Boozer, Carlos PF CHI
Yup

« Reply #254 on: September 09, 2010, 12:00:14 AM »

Offline Dano

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Day 2

Day 3