Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 635251 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Auction starts Monday 9/6)
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
So this is really my first H2H team, and my first fantasy team in a very long time.  Could you please explain to me how scoring works?

I understand these are the scoring categories (at least per the website), but how does it all work, can you give a few examples:
3PT - Three Pointers Made
AST - Assists
BK - Blocks
FGP - Field Goal Percentage
FTP - Free Throw Percentage
PTS - Points
ST - Steals
TO - Turnovers
TRB - Total Rebounds

And based on the vote, it looks like we're going with scenario one for the scoring: 1)count each category as a point towards the standings.

This much I got, just not sure how it all comes together.

You go up against one other owner each week.  Whoever scores best in each category earns a point (categories are not weighted).  If you win 5 categories and your opponent wins 4 your record for the week would be 5-4-0. If you go 6-3-0 the next week you would have an 11-7-0 record in the standings.
Yup

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
1)   Ridnour, Luke PG MIN   
1)   James, LeBron SF MIA   
1)   McGrady, Tracy SG DET   
1)   Williams, Mo PG CLE   
1)   Bibby, Mike PG ATL   
1)   Chalmers, Mario PG MIA     
1)   Griffin, Blake PF LAC 

So this are the players available for day one??
say monday
then for example I can post

1)   Ridnour, Luke PG MIN   
1)   James, LeBron SF MIA   
1)   McGrady, Tracy SG DET   
1)   Williams, Mo PG CLE     Edgar Crotors, 50
1)   Bibby, Mike PG ATL   
1)   Chalmers, Mario PG MIA     
1)   Griffin, Blake PF LAC 

this makes 7 player available and 12 players
theres no need to bid everyday

There will be days i will not win a thing
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
So this is really my first H2H team, and my first fantasy team in a very long time.  Could you please explain to me how scoring works?

I understand these are the scoring categories (at least per the website), but how does it all work, can you give a few examples:
AST - Assists
BK - Blocks
PTS - Points
ST - Steals
TO - Turnovers
TRB - Total Rebounds

And based on the vote, it looks like we're going with scenario one for the scoring: 1)count each category as a point towards the standings.

You go up against one other owner each week.  Whoever scores best in each category earns a point (categories are not weighted).  If you win 5 categories and your opponent wins 4 your record for the week would be 5-4-0. If you go 6-3-0 the next week you would have an 11-7-0 record in the standings.

Is it my active 12 vs your active 12 for the week?  Or is it my starting 5 vs your starting 5 (which could probably change every day based on who actually had games?).

(And I have more questions, but they depend on how this question is answered).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
So this is really my first H2H team, and my first fantasy team in a very long time.  Could you please explain to me how scoring works?

AST - Assists
BK - Blocks
PTS - Points
ST - Steals
TO - Turnovers
TRB - Total Rebounds

You go up against one other owner each week.  Whoever scores best in each category earns a point (categories are not weighted).  If you win 5 categories and your opponent wins 4 your record for the week would be 5-4-0. If you go 6-3-0 the next week you would have an 11-7-0 record in the standings.

Is it my active 12 vs your active 12 for the week?  Or is it my starting 5 vs your starting 5 (which could probably change every day based on who actually had games?).

It's the active 12, but you can slide guys in and out of the active roster over the course of the week.

Feel free to fire away on the questions.

I have to run out for a while though.
Yup

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Definitely will be days with no winning. You don't want to fill up your roster too fast with less desirable players if better guys are down the road.  Then again you could get stuck with too little if you wait too long.

Your bid would look like this:

Day 1

Ridnour, Luke PG MIN  
James, LeBron SF MIA  
McGrady, Tracy SG DET  
Williams, Mo PG CLE:     Edgar Crotors, 50
Bibby, Mike PG ATL  
Chalmers, Mario PG MIA    
Griffin, Blake PF LAC  

but you probably won't want to jump up too high to start a bid on a player, unless he is a superstar.  Feel out what the price range will be like.  In my roto league, 50-70 dollars is the going rate for superstars
Yup

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

AST - Assists
BK - Blocks
PTS - Points
ST - Steals
TO - Turnovers
TRB - Total Rebounds

Is it my active 12 vs your active 12 for the week?  Or is it my starting 5 vs your starting 5 (which could probably change every day based on who actually had games?).

It's the active 12, but you can slide guys in and out of the active roster over the course of the week.

So on Monday my active 12 beats your active 12 in blocks, say 12 to 7.

On Tuesday, your active 12 beats my active 12 in  blocks say 4 to 3.

So far, for our H2H match-up for the week, is it tied for blocks 1 to 1?  Or am I winning 16 to 10?  Do you just take who won the most days for whatever stat for the week, or do you take who had the most cumulative stats in whatever particular category for the week?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

AST - Assists
BK - Blocks
PTS - Points
ST - Steals
TO - Turnovers
TRB - Total Rebounds

So far, for our H2H match-up for the week, is it tied for blocks 1 to 1?  Or am I winning 16 to 10?  Do you just take who won the most days for whatever stat for the week, or do you take who had the most cumulative stats in whatever particular category for the week?

16-10.  Stats are cumulative over the week.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

AST - Assists
BK - Blocks
PTS - Points
ST - Steals
TO - Turnovers
TRB - Total Rebounds

16-10.  Stats are cumulative over the week.

correct
Yup

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2010, 04:54:01 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Definitely will be days with no winning. You don't want to fill up your roster too fast with less desirable players if better guys are down the road.  Then again you could get stuck with too little if you wait too long.

Day 1

Ridnour, Luke PG MIN   
James, LeBron SF MIA   
McGrady, Tracy SG DET   
Williams, Mo PG CLE:     Edgar Crotors, 50
Bibby, Mike PG ATL   
Chalmers, Mario PG MIA     
Griffin, Blake PF LAC 

but you probably won't want to jump up too high to start a bid on a player, unless he is a superstar.  Feel out what the price range will be like.  In my roto league, 50-70 dollars is the going rate for superstars

Hope u got i was being absolutely sarcastic on that one :p
I am dumb but no Mo Williams dumb

Nice to be back!

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Definitely will be days with no winning. You don't want to fill up your roster too fast with less desirable players if better guys are down the road.  Then again you could get stuck with too little if you wait too long.

Day 1

Ridnour, Luke PG MIN   
James, LeBron SF MIA   
McGrady, Tracy SG DET   
Williams, Mo PG CLE:     Edgar Crotors, 50
Bibby, Mike PG ATL   
Chalmers, Mario PG MIA     
Griffin, Blake PF LAC 

Hope u got i was being absolutely sarcastic on that one :p
I am dumb but no Mo Williams dumb

;)

as the saying goes in my new field of employment: "never miss a teachable moment".  I was pretty sure you were being a wiseguy, but the lesson is a good one.  I am very curious to see what the market is like in this auction compared with my other league where guys salaries have been really well established over many years.
Yup

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2010, 08:01:56 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
So let me make sure I have a good grasp on this.

is it safe to say that Superstars like Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Wade, etc.  should fall somewhere in the $50 to $70 range

All stars like: Amare, Bosh, Granger, Pierce should fall in the $40 to mid $50 range

Near All Stars like: Iguodala, Rudy Gay, Ellis, etc. in the $30 to $40 range

Solid starting level players like: Ariza, Mike Miller, Nene, Turkoglu, etc. in the $20 range

Of course this is all up to our own value we place on these guys so if someone goes $60 on Kobe & $55 on Dirk they've kind of left themselves cap strung as they would only have $135 for the other 13 players on the roster after spending $115 on their top two.

Since this is a keeper league considering things like Kobe, Dirk, and Tim Duncan's age and the potential that young guys like Gallinari, Oden, etc. have over the next few years has got to play into how much we are willing to bid on certain players.  So if I bid Superstar money for Tim Duncan, but if he starts breaking down over the next 2 years I would have overpaid for him.  When do the players we win bid on contracts expire?  How is free agency worked out? Even if it is a couple years away it would be good to know what kind of cap flexibility we would have for our teams in the next couple of off seasons as older players decline and younger players rise.

You also said that Blake Griffin would be Rookie eligible, how are the rookies different as opposed to the other players?

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
So let me make sure I have a good grasp on this.

is it safe to say that Superstars like Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Wade, etc.  should fall somewhere in the $50 to $70 range
All stars like: Amare, Bosh, Granger, Pierce should fall in the $40 to mid $50 range

Near All Stars like: Iguodala, Rudy Gay, Ellis, etc. in the $30 to $40 range

Solid starting level players like: Ariza, Mike Miller, Nene, Turkoglu, etc. in the $20 range

That's about the range in the 13 team league, yes.  But availability of super stars or other priorities can alter that.  Another factor driving up salaries can be if two teams have a bunch of money left towards the end of the draft and they haven't landed a superstar, this could drive up the price on lower quality players.

Since this is a keeper league considering things like Kobe, Dirk, and Tim Duncan's age and the potential that young guys like Gallinari, Oden, etc. have over the next few years has got to play into how much we are willing to bid on certain players.  So if I bid Superstar money for Tim Duncan, but if he starts breaking down over the next 2 years I would have overpaid for him.  When do the players we win bid on contracts expire? 

Players taken in the auction come with a 2 year contract, and a 3rd year option (in the 3rd year you can choose to either re-sign the player for $5 for another year or let him "play out his option" at the same salary - letting the player become a free agent at season's end).  However, you are not bound to a player's contract.  There are no penalties for cutting a guy, for instance.  The contract just gives you the right to keep him at a controlled salary.  This is why getting a bargain is a huge deal in the auction (or in future years with the Rookie Draft).

How is free agency worked out? Even if it is a couple years away it would be good to know what kind of cap flexibility we would have for our teams in the next couple of off seasons as older players decline and younger players rise.

see above

You also said that Blake Griffin would be Rookie eligible, how are the rookies different as opposed to the other players?

A lot of this stuff is spelled out elsewhere in this thread and in teh Constitution available on the CBS site...In future years we will hold a rookie draft (the picks that are on your roster on the CBS page are for next year).  There is a lottery for the first 3 picks, but basically, like the NBA, these picks are designed to give the worse teams first crack at new players with a decent salary. 

This year we will be bidding on rookies in the Auction since we don't have an established draft order. 

Rookie status is different while the players are on the Farm portion of your roster.  You are allowed to "keep" a maximum of 8 active players, or 12 total players from year to year.  The "non-active" players are your Farm players.  Before each season you have to decide on one of 4 things with your farm players

1) cut them'
2) trade them
3) 3 keep them on the farm reserve for another season by adding $5 to their salary and keeping them in the 1st year of their contract
4) moving them to your active roster at their current salary (and having their contract move to year 2).

Once a player is moved off Farn Reserve you relinquish he becomes a normal player, and you relinquish the right to make decision number 3 the following season.

One other thing about your Farm Reserve to consider: during the season you can keep any amount of eligible players on the farm reserve portion of your roster.

If utilized well, the farm reserve and the draft picks can't turn a bad team around quickly in this league.

[/quote]
Yup

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2010, 10:05:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I will post Day 1's available players on CB now in case I'm out in the morning, but please do not make any bids until 9 AM.
(R) - denotes players who are rookie eligible

PLEASE USE YOUR TEAM NAME WHEN BIDDING (not CB name)

Day 1

Ridnour, Luke PG MIN
James, LeBron SF MIA
McGrady, Tracy SG DET
Williams, Mo PG CLE
Bibby, Mike PG ATL
Chalmers, Mario PG MIA
Griffin, Blake PF LAC (R)
Yup

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Auction starts Monday 9/6 @ 9 AM)
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
last coupl ofquestions even if i am sure you already answer them

you say 250 bucks

how many players per team
how many rounds
how free agency works

Nice to be back!

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Auction starts Monday 9/6 @ 9 AM)
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2010, 09:16:52 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Day 1
Ridnour, Luke PG MIN
James, LeBron SF MIA - Shipyard: 20
McGrady, Tracy SG DET -  Shipyard: 1

Williams, Mo PG CLE
Bibby, Mike PG ATL
Chalmers, Mario PG MIA
Griffin, Blake PF LAC (R) - Shipyard: 20