Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 635250 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League
« Reply #1920 on: December 23, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
My roster is full, so I'm fine with whatever people want to do. On a separate note, how do you activate a player from the farm roster? Do you just change him to active? I'm trying to activate Favors and place Brook Lopez on the injured/farm list.

« Reply #1921 on: December 23, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My roster is full, so I'm fine with whatever people want to do. On a separate note, how do you activate a player from the farm roster? Do you just change him to active? I'm trying to activate Favors and place Brook Lopez on the injured/farm list.

Don't do this yet - you cannot place a player on injured reserve until he's missed 5 consecutive games.  So if you want to replace Lopez with Favors you have to wait awhile.

You should be able to activate Favors (by changing his status to "active") but you'd have to drop a player from your roster to do that.

« Reply #1922 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Don't do this yet - you cannot place a player on injured reserve until he's missed 5 consecutive games.  So if you want to replace Lopez with Favors you have to wait awhile.

You should be able to activate Favors (by changing his status to "active") but you'd have to drop a player from your roster to do that.

correct
Yup

« Reply #1923 on: December 23, 2011, 02:27:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

Don't do this yet - you cannot place a player on injured reserve until he's missed 5 consecutive games.  So if you want to replace Lopez with Favors you have to wait awhile.

correct

ok, thanks

« Reply #1924 on: December 23, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
FRIDAY
Daye, Austin F DET - Juggernauts - 5
Jerebko, Jonas F DET - Shipyard - 1
Jackson, Stephen SG MIL - Mean Green 26
Salmons, John SG SAC - MMSB - 5
Hamilton, Richard - G, CHI Mean Green -1
Reddick, JJ G, ORL - Handsome - 1

SATURDAY
Maggette, Corey CHA - AP - 27
Nelson, Jameer PG ORL - Kentucky Mean - 26
Jack, Jarret PG NO - AP - 12
Douglas, Toney NY - Mean Green 12
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1925 on: December 23, 2011, 04:28:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
So here's my proposal for wrapping this up:

We currently have 20 open roster spots, and 10 guys on the board.  2 of the roster spots are Edgar's who's been mostly AWOL.  So I propose:

- New players can be added til the end of bidding today.

- Tomorrow is wrap-up day; no new players can be added, and we'll finish bidding on everyone currently on the board.  Bids will be final at midnight or 15 minutes after the last bid, whichever's last.  At that point all players go to the highest bidder and the auction's over.

- Any open roster spots after that can be filled through the waiver system.  The default salary through waivers is $5, and anyone added after tonight isn't likely to be auctioned at much higher than that amount. 

This is just a proposal, but if we do this it'll get us very close to full by the time the season starts, and whoever needs spots can fill them up in the first day or two of the season.  Thoughts?

« Reply #1926 on: December 23, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
FRIDAY
Salmons, John SG SAC - MMSB - 5
Hamilton, Richard - G, CHI Mean Green -1
Reddick, JJ G, ORL - Handsome - 1

SATURDAY
Maggette, Corey CHA - MMSB - 28
Nelson, Jameer PG ORL - Kentucky Mean - 26
Jack, Jarret PG NO - AP - 12
Douglas, Toney NY - Mean Green 12
Jerebko, Jonas F DET - MMSB - 2
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #1927 on: December 23, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
So here's my proposal for wrapping this up:

We currently have 20 open roster spots, and 10 guys on the board.  2 of the roster spots are Edgar's who's been mostly AWOL.  So I propose:

- New players can be added til the end of bidding today.

- Tomorrow is wrap-up day; no new players can be added, and we'll finish bidding on everyone currently on the board.  Bids will be final at midnight or 15 minutes after the last bid, whichever's last.  At that point all players go to the highest bidder and the auction's over.

- Any open roster spots after that can be filled through the waiver system.  The default salary through waivers is $5, and anyone added after tonight isn't likely to be auctioned at much higher than that amount. 

This is just a proposal, but if we do this it'll get us very close to full by the time the season starts, and whoever needs spots can fill them up in the first day or two of the season.  Thoughts?

I am not involved int he bidding at this point, but it sounds reasonable to me.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1928 on: December 23, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Sounds like a plan.  What happens it there are still live bids after Saturday?
Yup

« Reply #1929 on: December 23, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Sounds like a plan.  What happens it there are still live bids after Saturday?

I have to imagine that if bids end after nobody has bid for 15 minutes that they will all expire sometime late Saturday night/early Sunday morn.  I don't know about you guys but I will not be up all night Christmas Eve bidding on fantasy players.... I hope. :)
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #1930 on: December 23, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Sounds like a plan.  What happens it there are still live bids after Saturday?

Highest bid at the end of bidding on Saturday wins every auction was my plan.  

I have to imagine that if bids end after nobody has bid for 15 minutes that they will all expire sometime late Saturday night/early Sunday morn.  I don't know about you guys but I will not be up all night Christmas Eve bidding on fantasy players.... I hope. :)

I'll be up playing Santa anyway so I'm sure I'll check in...but yeah, we can end it tomorrow or it'll stretch on til mid-next week or so.

« Reply #1931 on: December 23, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
BTW, if we go this route we should definitely send a mass email to notify everyone.  Maybe a post on the CBS page?

« Reply #1932 on: December 23, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
One other potential way to handle the free agent claims after the auction ends.  I could adjust the Free Agent bidding budgets to reflect the dollars amounts left in everyone's auction cap.  That way the bid amounts will be the salary amount just like the rest of the auction).

In fact, the roto league that I run (from which this leagues rules were based), uses the FAAB auction bids during the season as the free agent pickups salaries.  We just started doing that last year and it worked out well.  I could draw up a rule proposal if that makes some sense.

Yup

« Reply #1933 on: December 23, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Sounds like a plan.  What happens it there are still live bids after Saturday?

Highest bid at the end of bidding on Saturday wins every auction was my plan.  

I'll be up playing Santa anyway so I'm sure I'll check in...but yeah, we can end it tomorrow or it'll stretch on til mid-next week or so.

maybe we can have an earlier deadline on Christmas Eve?
Yup

« Reply #1934 on: December 23, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
FRIDAY