Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 99168 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #630 on: July 05, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Heard Warriors are also gonna go after former Celtics Ray Allen and Kendrick Perkins. In addition, former Heat guard Mario Chalmers.

Talk about stacking lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #631 on: July 05, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Heard Warriors are also gonna go after former Celtics Ray Allen and Kendrick Perkins. In addition, former Heat guard Mario Chalmers.

Talk about stacking lol

Chalmers would be great for them, but Perk is cooked, and Ray is, well, he's been retired for several years now!

« Reply #632 on: July 05, 2016, 07:48:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Title-hunter David West to sign with GSW.  The anti-Robert Horry goes for a title with the clear favorite.

Funny how a player like West is so desperate to get a title. It's not like he was ever that good and needs to close out his illustrious career with a ring. I like the anti-Robert Horry label - hopefully that sticks.

« Reply #633 on: July 05, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have the cap space and everything right now to absorb Love. We NEED to get in on this deal, because we can get it done without losing any parts of our main core.

He is wicked soft and does not play defense, there are reasons why he is available and it is not because he is good.

« Reply #634 on: July 05, 2016, 08:40:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
We have the cap space and everything right now to absorb Love. We NEED to get in on this deal, because we can get it done without losing any parts of our main core.

He is wicked soft and does not play defense, there are reasons why he is available and it is not because he is good.

But Stevens can make him look good. Look at what he did with Jordan Crawford, dude made Eastern Conference Player of the week. Now he's in CHINA!

Bring him it, get his numbers up, make him look good, call Doc up and say, hey Griffin may be gone next summer, how about a trade. That would actually put them in the running for Westbrook and the could let CP3 walk.

« Reply #635 on: July 05, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/07/bulpett_next_steps_for_celtics_aren_t_so_clear_now

Interesting article by Bulpett. He suggests that we're still in for quite a bit of movement this summer before our roster is set for the fall, and even some of the pre-draft trades are still on the table for Danny.

I can't see Okafor really being an option anymore with Horford's arrival, and Noel is also questionable. Butler certainly still seems to be an option, but I'm guessing that's more likely after the season starts and they're horrible and Butler gets disgruntled. They'll take down their asking price for him then.

« Reply #636 on: July 05, 2016, 09:27:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/07/bulpett_next_steps_for_celtics_aren_t_so_clear_now

Interesting article by Bulpett. He suggests that we're still in for quite a bit of movement this summer before our roster is set for the fall, and even some of the pre-draft trades are still on the table for Danny.

I can't see Okafor really being an option anymore with Horford's arrival, and Noel is also questionable. Butler certainly still seems to be an option, but I'm guessing that's more likely after the season starts and they're horrible and Butler gets disgruntled. They'll take down their asking price for him then.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/5/12102484/nba-trade-rumor-jimmy-butler-and-jahlil-okafor-still-available

« Reply #637 on: July 05, 2016, 11:46:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #638 on: July 06, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Sources: Ray Allen considering NBA return. His reps contacted GState. Allen would also consider Cavs, Spurs, Clippers if he decides to play.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/750661023762354176

« Reply #639 on: July 07, 2016, 12:19:43 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

Talk about stacking lol

Would probably kill their tempo too.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sources: Ray Allen considering NBA return. His reps contacted GState. Allen would also consider Cavs, Spurs, Clippers if he decides to play.

And here I foolishly thought that I would never hate Ray Allen more than after he left us and saved Lebron's legacy.  What a tool.  I think Golden State tried to get him after 13-14, too, iirc.  Ironically, this reminds me of when Danny called Reggie Miller in 2007 to see if he would come out of retirement and join our 07-08 team.  Unbelievable.  Are they going to go after Rashard Lewis, too? ::) Lol ;D.

« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2016, 01:31:36 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

And here I foolishly thought that I would never hate Ray Allen more than after he left us and saved Lebron's legacy.  What a tool.  I think Golden State tried to get him after 13-14, too, iirc.  Ironically, this reminds me of when Danny called Reggie Miller in 2007 to see if he would come out of retirement and join our 07-08 team.  Unbelievable.  Are they going to go after Rashard Lewis, too? ::) Lol ;D.

He wants in on the big contract bonanza and maybe another ring, to boot.  I guess he's not afraid to look foolish. 

« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2016, 01:38:16 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

He wants in on the big contract bonanza and maybe another ring, to boot.  I guess he's not afraid to look foolish.

Seriously?? David West=vet min, Zaza=room exception, Ray=David Lee exception

Maybe GSW can find someone to PAY to play in that team. Seriously, they should give Sir Charles an honorary bench spot..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2016, 01:56:04 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Title-hunter David West to sign with GSW.  The anti-Robert Horry goes for a title with the clear favorite.

Funny how a player like West is so desperate to get a title. It's not like he was ever that good and needs to close out his illustrious career with a ring. I like the anti-Robert Horry label - hopefully that sticks.

Need that anti-Robert Horry juju to work! Lol

- LilRip

« Reply #644 on: July 07, 2016, 02:07:19 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Need that anti-Robert Horry juju to work! Lol

Yeah, my favorite thing about David 'and one/yes sir' ::) West is how he didn't come to the Celtics because of the age of the team, or something, and how he wanted to go to Indiana and build what they already had into something special, you know, from the ground up...only to leave for San Antonio last year ::). The moment that happened it felt like bad karma, and the Spurs didn't even make it to the western conference finals, which is obviously all his fault (sarcasm), lol, so him going to the Warriors is even worse, ahaha ;D. They'll never win the title now, thanks to the curse of David West (sarcasm), lol ;D.