Author Topic: Lebron James Jr commits to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles  (Read 5441 times)

Re: Lebron James Jr commits to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Haven’t Lebron’s kids been going to school in LA for years now?  This is the status quo, which could mean LA, or could mean anywhere else.
Bronny went to Old Trail Middle School which is in Bath, Ohio (just outside of Akron).  I believe that he has gone to school during the summer in LA though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Haven’t Lebron’s kids been going to school in LA for years now?  This is the status quo, which could mean LA, or could mean anywhere else.
Bronny went to Old Trail Middle School which is in Bath, Ohio (just outside of Akron).  I believe that he has gone to school during the summer in LA though.

Correct. James lives in la during the summer.

It is going to be the Lakers. The media, mainly espn will build the hype and suspense for the next three weeks but it is pretty much a been in motion for a long time

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 09:34:09 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Correct. James lives in la during the summer.

It is going to be the Lakers. The media, mainly espn will build the hype and suspense for the next three weeks but it is pretty much a been in motion for a long time

Yep, certainly looks like the Lakers. As you said, there have been quiet moves for a while now. Staying in Cleveland just doesn't make sense and so the Lakers are the next logical move.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If LA, that is such a massive blow to Philly, especially if someone like PG13 or Kawhi join him in LA.

I also believe he is going to LAL. I think that is a good move for NBA. League is better when LAL is good. Se t's up for a Cs vs LAL finals again too.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Why would he name his son after him anyhow?..Be  alot of pressure on him

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Amen...go to Lakers Lebron...Kryie and our Celtics look forward to helping you continue to lose Finals very soon! I would love a Kyrie vs Lebron finals matchup sometime in the very near future...it would be epic!!

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IMO that would be wonderful if the LeCarpetbagger took the Legacy show to LA. It gets him out of the east and renders him irrelevant on a team that will not beat Golden State.   

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
LAC dark horse contender! ;D
It's very possible as it checks the "family" box.  I would put the odds as higher than Houston but not as high as LAL.

I would not.  The Clippers leave a bad taste in a lot of players’ mouths because of Donald Sterling.  Although he’s been gone, the perception lingers.

Are you sure it's about Sterling? The overhaul from him to Ballmer - a fairly beloved owner - was well-documented. If anything, the Clippers might seemingly have a little momentum.

I would think the bigger problem is that there is absolutely no mystique in Clipper-land (similar to the Knicks/Nets, but much bigger difference) and the Clippers have no real cap space with which to work. Lebron being able to team up with another big star and possibly use prospects to trade for a tertiary one on the 'biggest' stage has to be appealing.

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 10:37:48 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Why would he name his son after him anyhow?..Be  alot of pressure on him

Lol - TP

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Gary Payton just leaked this. Who would thought a middle schoolers commitment would be big news?

Lebron james Jr will attend High  school this year in LA.

https://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/report-bronny-james-enroll-sierra-canyon-school-los-angeles/

Lebron has said his decision will revolve around his family....

(LeBron James’) son just committed to Sierra Canyon which is in the valley of LA. That’s where his son is going to go to school [with] Scottie Pippen’s son and Kenyon Martin’s son. So, that’s a move that they’re going to make … if everybody looks at it with a son at that age, you don’t want to be away from him during that period of time. During the time that we’re having, basketball is school time. I think that (Bronny) needs a father during that time and that’s it. I don’t think LeBron is that type of parent, I think he wants to be around his son a lot and see his son play a lot.”

That’s going to be one heck of a high school team...

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Gary Payton just leaked this. Who would thought a middle schoolers commitment would be big news?

Lebron james Jr will attend High  school this year in LA.

https://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/report-bronny-james-enroll-sierra-canyon-school-los-angeles/

Lebron has said his decision will revolve around his family....

(LeBron James’) son just committed to Sierra Canyon which is in the valley of LA. That’s where his son is going to go to school [with] Scottie Pippen’s son and Kenyon Martin’s son. So, that’s a move that they’re going to make … if everybody looks at it with a son at that age, you don’t want to be away from him during that period of time. During the time that we’re having, basketball is school time. I think that (Bronny) needs a father during that time and that’s it. I don’t think LeBron is that type of parent, I think he wants to be around his son a lot and see his son play a lot.”

That’s going to be one heck of a high school team...
Forming super-teams huh? Like father like son!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
He won't win another title if he goes to LA.....he's too old to try to do a Miami kind of thing.  His only hope for titles were Boston and Houston, maybe SA or a couple other places he would never go.

He make a team good enough to wear down the Hoston's and Golden State's of the world, so they are easier pickings for the Celtics in the finals..   :)

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 11:02:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yeah they brought this up on NBA radio this morning. To keep their options open it seems like the family might "enroll him" in a few different schools and make their deposit just to make sure he is on the list. And then when the family makes the decision he can choose what school to go to from there.

So it could be LA....But it also could not.

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 12:38:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Please go to the Lakers LeBron. I can't wait for my Celtics to get their revenge for 2010, and all of those losses to LeBron in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2018  >:( >:( >:(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
He won't win another title if he goes to LA.....he's too old to try to do a Miami kind of thing.  His only hope for titles were Boston and Houston, maybe SA or a couple other places he would never go.

He make a team good enough to wear down the Hoston's and Golden State's of the world, so they are easier pickings for the Celtics in the finals..   :)

Yeah, he'll be 34 in December. His time is running out as far as being a guy who can carry a team to the finals on his own.