Author Topic: Take a Deep Breath  (Read 1214 times)

Take a Deep Breath
« on: January 24, 2018, 01:47:45 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Okay, we all need to take a deep breath and relax. The Celtics recent play has been tough to watch but overall the future is very bright. So remember....

1) We are still in first place. Yep, four losses in a row and we are still in first place. Toronto has lost 4/7 and Clevland has melted down. Ya, we are struggling. but alot of teams struggle mid year.

2) Tatum and Brown are gonna be really good. I don know how good. Good starters? All stars? All NBA? I dont know, but i know they will improve and they are alreayd solid starters right now. They have struggled recently, and seeing as how they are 21 and 19 that is going to happen. We were spoiled by a very strong start from both, but just because they have hit a rough patch doesnt mean we forget how good they can be, and will be again. Remeber how clutch ttaum has been this seaosn? Remember when Brown was arguably the best player on the floor vs Golden State? Our future is bright, and the reps Brown and Tatum get will make a better in the long run.

3) We arent winning the chip this year. We could make the finals without making a move, but with or without Hayward, or Lou Willians, or Tyreke Evans, we arent beating the warriors. So lets not make a panic move. Keep the powder dry and prepare to make a run at AD, or even Kwahi, when the time or price is right.

4) Hayward will be back, maybe this year for sure by next year. Our offense may be bad, but we are adding an excellent offensive player for nothing! This isnt a maybe, this isnt a gamble on a draft pick or a run at a free agent. He is coming back, and he will help the team alot. Untill then our young guys get some experience. We will be better for it.

Life is still good, even if the Celtics havent been the last four games.

Re: Take a Deep Breath
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 02:29:21 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Good post, thanks for the optimism.

And I wouldn't count us out against the Warriors.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 04:42:47 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I just expect we clash with GS in Finals and I'm done. Stopping LeBron on his way to anothet finals makes me happy enough for now.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 04:55:18 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
TP to the OP.
I agree with all except no.3
I'd change :
"We aren't winning the chip this year."
to:
We probably aren't winning the chip this year.
Since you should never put a ceiling on the team you love :)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:05:10 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I'm also optimistic... but seeing the team in its current construct still makes me wonder of the reasoning of having a Kadeem Allen, Jabari Bird, Abdel Nader on the team over a Gerald Green... when what we lack are scorers.

Still boggles the mind.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 08:02:53 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I would add that I think the All-Star break will be a nice reprieve. We had all those nights off around the London game but those don’t really count as off nights with the travel - especially for Tatum, who maybe has never flown overseas and in general is going to have a tough time with the extensive NbA travel anyway.

Take all-star weekend, let CBS do some coaching with the young guys and see if we can get some momentum during the last third of the season.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 08:50:22 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
TP to the OP.
I agree with all except no.3
I'd change :
"We aren't winning the chip this year."
to:
We probably aren't winning the chip this year.
Since you should never put a ceiling on the team you love :)

I don't think we're getting out of the East this year. LeBron just, well, does stuff during the playoffs.

Having said that, I know the despair I woke up with this morning, so I'm guessing a lot of others are feeling it, too. Just like we were with Tatum's shooting and our 18-game winning streak, though, we're governed by the laws of mathematics, including regression to the mean. Every time we fall way behind (or get way ahead) in a game, my brother reminds me, "everyone makes a run." Or, in this case, sometimes teams just get the runs. Or run the wrong way. Okay, I'm running out of "run" references.

We're gonna be fine. We'll lose games that we should win and win games that we should lose but, on average, we're better than most other teams.

And then when we get Gordon back next year...

Mike

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
It's January 24th, no need to freak out. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I'm also optimistic... but seeing the team in its current construct still makes me wonder of the reasoning of having a Kadeem Allen, Jabari Bird, Abdel Nader on the team over a Gerald Green... when what we lack are scorers.

Still boggles the mind.

THIS is what isn't being discussed enough. We have nothing off the bench and we are carrying dead weight with some of these guys. GG would've been perfect with this team.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Still boggles the mind.

THIS is what isn't being discussed enough. We have nothing off the bench and we are carrying dead weight with some of these guys. GG would've been perfect with this team.
IMO, it is not discussed very much simply because it is not the most important issue right now.  The guys 1-10 are most important not 11-14.

Oh, and regarding GG, he is "fool's gold".  Everybody should know that by now.