Author Topic: Is Siakam better than Tatum?  (Read 6901 times)

Re: Is Siakam better than Tatum?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Siakam is a bum.

No one focuses on guarding him and that is the only reason he puts up a few numbers. He scores garbage points and has a single move, that spin around. If team actually gameplanned for him he would be completely useless.

Look at his number when he is guarded by a respectable defender.

Eho even guarded him in that wizards game?

There is no one. No one. NO ONE whould would pick Siakam ahead of Tatum right now. Not even Siakam.

With all due respect, if we are just talking the present instead of future potential, almost every GM in the league would agree that Siakam has been better this year, and it isn't that close. Siakam is one of the top 10 defenders in the league. Just because his offense isn't as impressive doesn't really matter much. He gets it done, and fits into his team's offense perfectly. He never checks out mentally. Sometimes Tatum does.

I think some of the Tatum hype is deserved, but I remain unconvinced he'll be a superstar. He is a below average passer, has no left hand, and frequently does not play with intensity. Those things need to change for him to become what fans think he is. There is a 4 year age gap here, so Tatum is far more valuable, but he just isn't as good right now.

Just on the now?

Tatum can take over a game offensively, siakam cannot

You’ve made this point multiple times now without it being supported by anything. In fact, Siakam has 3x as many 30 point games as Tatum this season, including a 44 point monster game. It’s not like he’s some bum.

Without Leonard Siakam is generally the guy that has to step up, and he’s shown a good ability to do so

with much higher usage, and more shot attempts. whe is the last time Tatum took

I can guarantee, that if you give Tatum the opportunity that Siakam gets and he will do the same, or more.

Tatum has taken more than 20 shots in a game once all season.
Tatum has score at least 20 ppints, in 20 games with fewer shots averaged than Siakam has (siakam has done it fewer times)

Hell Terrence Ross put up 51 points once, does that mean he is better than both?
That’s all irrelevant. You said Siakam can’t take over a game offensively, when he’s proved that he can. That’s regardless of usage or whatever.

He doesnt take over games.

He had a couple of good scoring games.

There is a difference, a player can bend the game to their will, score at certain times, hit daggers etc. Siakam does none of those things.

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2019, 11:06:28 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Does anyone think that anyone is better than anyone?

Anyone?

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2019, 12:11:39 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Siakam is a bum.

No one focuses on guarding him and that is the only reason he puts up a few numbers. He scores garbage points and has a single move, that spin around. If team actually gameplanned for him he would be completely useless.

There is no one. No one. NO ONE whould would pick Siakam ahead of Tatum right now. Not even Siakam.

With all due respect, if we are just talking the present instead of future potential, almost every GM in the league would agree that Siakam has been better this year, and it isn't that close. Siakam is one of the top 10 defenders in the league. Just because his offense isn't as impressive doesn't really matter much. He gets it done, and fits into his team's offense perfectly. He never checks out mentally. Sometimes Tatum does.

I think some of the Tatum hype is deserved, but I remain unconvinced he'll be a superstar. He is a below average passer, has no left hand, and frequently does not play with intensity. Those things need to change for him to become what fans think he is. There is a 4 year age gap here, so Tatum is far more valuable, but he just isn't as good right now.

Just on the now?

You’ve made this point multiple times now without it being supported by anything. In fact, Siakam has 3x as many 30 point games as Tatum this season, including a 44 point monster game. It’s not like he’s some bum.

Without Leonard Siakam is generally the guy that has to step up, and he’s shown a good ability to do so

I can guarantee, that if you give Tatum the opportunity that Siakam gets and he will do the same, or more.

Tatum has score at least 20 ppints, in 20 games with fewer shots averaged than Siakam has (siakam has done it fewer times)

Hell Terrence Ross put up 51 points once, does that mean he is better than both?
That’s all irrelevant. You said Siakam can’t take over a game offensively, when he’s proved that he can. That’s regardless of usage or whatever.

There is a difference, a player can bend the game to their will, score at certain times, hit daggers etc. Siakam does none of those things.

You are significantly underrating Siakim's offensives kill. He average only .4 points less a game on like 2.3 fewer shots a game, he averages more rebounds a game. he is a significantly better passer. He is the better player right now. He also 24, and Tatum is only 20. So long term you'd take Tatum, but this year is Siakim.

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2019, 12:32:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Siakam is a bum.

Just on the now?

That's a completely arbitrary and impossible to define difference. Siakam scores on a comparable level to Tatum, and has games where he's scored more than Tatum ever has. The 3 times he's scored 30+ Toronto has won, including a game against the Bucks. I'd classify that as taking over a game.

Long-term it's Tatum, and hopefully in the Playoffs Tatum is better. But Siakam has had a better season.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2019, 06:08:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think Siakam is better right now. I'm a big fan of his game. If Tatum lives up to his potential it won't even be close though. Siakam is entering his prime right now. Tatum is years away from his.

You must be jokin

Siakam is a black hole when things become tough

Tatum is better

I agree.  not seeing much to,that dude.

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2019, 07:20:21 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Siakam is a bum.

Just on the now?

That's a completely arbitrary and impossible to define difference. Siakam scores on a comparable level to Tatum, and has games where he's scored more than Tatum ever has. The 3 times he's scored 30+ Toronto has won, including a game against the Bucks. I'd classify that as taking over a game.

Long-term it's Tatum, and hopefully in the Playoffs Tatum is better. But Siakam has had a better season.

That is not taking over a game.

A player can score 10 points yet take over a game by scoring them all in the last 2 minutes ofba tight game.

Siakam doing that? Nope.

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Siakam is a bum.

Just on the now?

A player can score 10 points yet take over a game by scoring them all in the last 2 minutes ofba tight game.

Siakam doing that? Nope.
Whatever man. Your point really means nothing, as what you deem "taking over a game" is completely subjective and for you alone to determine.

If you don't think scoring 44 with 10 rebounds isn't taking over a game then I have nothing more to say to you
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 08:58:03 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Siakam is a bum.

Just on the now?

Siakam doing that? Nope.
Whatever man. Your point really means nothing, as what you deem "taking over a game" is completely subjective and for you alone to determine.

If you don't think scoring 44 with 10 rebounds isn't taking over a game then I have nothing more to say to you

You are looking at only raw numbers.

That is your flaw.

And this concept of taking over a game js not subjective to just me. Its pretty much a universally accepted concept.

Listen if you want to believe that Siakam is a better player than Tatum, then go for it. I wont try to convince you otherwise anymore

Do you think Toronto should put forward an offer for Davis?

Surely vanvleet, siakam, future picks, miles expiring, og announouby greatly trumps an offer built around tatum.

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nope

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2019, 11:05:40 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Siakam is a bum.

Just on the now?

This is false. Tatum averages more shot attempts per game and has a higher usage rate.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Siakam is a bum.

Just on the now?

This is false. Tatum averages more shot attempts per game and has a higher usage rate.

In games in which Siakam has a big output.

As the rest of my post indicated.

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2019, 12:00:56 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Silky sounding like Donald trump.  Making up the rules, spitting out false stats, moving the goal posts and somehow thinking he’s coming out on top.

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2019, 12:06:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Does anyone think that anyone is better than anyone?

Anyone?

we all greater than us

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2019, 12:37:59 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Silky sounding like Donald trump.  Making up the rules, spitting out false stats, moving the goal posts and somehow thinking he’s coming out on top.

False.