Author Topic: James Harden Traded to Clippers  (Read 9588 times)

Re: James Harden Traded to Clippers
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2023, 01:18:05 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
I'm a little confused. Harden says he wanted to be the system, not "part of" a system. How the hell does he expect to have that change with the Clippers and already having PG13, Kawhi and Westbrook  :laugh:

Even assuming Westbrook sacrifices, it's not like Westbrook will be happy being relegated to a full-time 6th man or something. I doubt it. Those two are ball-dominant and you also need to appease Kawhi + PG13

unstoppable if 4 balls find their way on to the court at once

Honestly I think watching White, Holdiay, Brown, and Tatum guard Westbrook, Harden, George, and Leonard with each of them having balls while Porzingis protected the rim and Zubac was out there rebounding could be entertaining to watch.  There may be some new form of basketball to invent — call it multiball.

Great, now I need to rewatch some of the Futurama blernsball stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Zst4pMzh0
I'm bitter.

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2023, 01:31:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
The system & the process.  Two things that underwhelmed and have underachieved. 

Seems fitting to be linked.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2023, 01:32:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I'm a little confused. Harden says he wanted to be the system, not "part of" a system. How the hell does he expect to have that change with the Clippers and already having PG13, Kawhi and Westbrook  :laugh:

Even assuming Westbrook sacrifices, it's not like Westbrook will be happy being relegated to a full-time 6th man or something. I doubt it. Those two are ball-dominant and you also need to appease Kawhi + PG13

Harden needed to go to a worse team to get into a situation where he is allowed to dominate an offense again. He is only going to repeat the issues he had in Brooklyn and Philly with LAC.

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2023, 02:41:12 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 293

Honestly I think watching White, Holdiay, Brown, and Tatum guard Westbrook, Harden, George, and Leonard with each of them having balls while Porzingis protected the rim and Zubac was out there rebounding could be entertaining to watch.  There may be some new form of basketball to invent — call it multiball.

might as well have each ball represent a different sponsor. so you have a Kia ball, Pepsi ball, DraftKings ball and the Michelob Ultra ball which is worth 1 less point than the rest.

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2023, 02:49:53 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993

might as well have each ball represent a different sponsor. so you have a Kia ball, Pepsi ball, DraftKings ball and the Michelob Ultra ball which is worth 1 less point than the rest.

So many opportunities!

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2023, 03:59:48 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I get what Harden is getting at but all of it is unnecessary at this point.