Author Topic: Nets (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) Preseason Game #2 12/18/20  (Read 39571 times)

Re: Nets (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) Preseason Game #2 12/18/20
« Reply #495 on: December 18, 2020, 11:35:58 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Where else can you go and watch your team go ...

8 for 45 from three?....that's 17%

What they could've done is just gotten the ball and handed it to the Nets 27 times and told'em to take another shot. That's like 18 extra turnovers to add to the 22 regular turnovers.

I want my money back.

I want my two hours and 40 minutes I spent watching this back.

Does this give the 14 freaking coaches wearing matching shirts watching this game any traction with the team?

Auerbach would sit on the bench with the trainer and that was it. Hell...Russell was a player coach. It was just him and he had a uniform on.

They've got more coaches than players and they went 8 for 45 from three...?

That's the end of my preseason game rant....would've been better as a "closed scrimmage" with no cameras, I could've watched college hoops tonight instead of 8 for 45 from three.

TP, solid rant.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2020, 11:40:06 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
There is no way in hell without a healthy Kemba Walker this team is much better than .500. We just don't have enough players that are NBA ready. We have ZERO wing depth. Danny Ainge himself said we needed a wing just wasn't able to get Millsap. I really don't know how people in this forum think this roster is fine as is. I sincerely hope we get destroyed the first two games, and start off really slow so we can actually get a decent bench. We need at least 2 proven, good rotation guys. In my eyes, this is the most incomplete and thin roster we've had since the first Isaiah year. In case someone says it's a hot take based off preseason games, it has been my opinion since the end of Free Agency. If you follow Clns media along with a couple other outlets you know other people share it.

« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2020, 11:41:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
There is no way in hell without a healthy Kemba Walker this team is much better than .500. We just don't have enough players that are NBA ready. We have ZERO wing depth. Danny Ainge himself said we needed a wing just wasn't able to get Millsap. I really don't know how people in this forum think this roster is fine as is. I sincerely hope we get destroyed the first two games so we can actually get a decent bench.

Danny is not going to make a trade that quickly

« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2020, 11:43:51 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
There is no way in hell without a healthy Kemba Walker this team is much better than .500. We just don't have enough players that are NBA ready. We have ZERO wing depth. Danny Ainge himself said we needed a wing just wasn't able to get Millsap. I really don't know how people in this forum think this roster is fine as is. I sincerely hope we get destroyed the first two games so we can actually get a decent bench.

Danny is not going to make a trade that quickly
I think if the first 15 game stretch we perform really poorly plus the Kemba thing isn't exactly going great, he might pull the trig.

« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2020, 11:44:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How long before CBS bounces back to college doesnt look like he is having fun in the league.

« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2020, 11:47:25 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
I would go for a PJ Tucker/Jamychal Green (got severely underrated due to lack of playing time w the Clippers, but had great seasons in Memphis) type to start at the 4, plus a 3/2 to backup the J's. Bogi would've been great for us esp with Kemba out.

« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2020, 11:49:36 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Kyrie burning sage before the game in Boston on the court is beyond disgusting and disrespectful to everyone in Boston. His way of saying his time here was hell and he needs to get rid of the bad karma. I wish him nothing but failure and misery in Brooklyn. Disrespectful would be too kind for that kind of action.

Kyrie and Durant and maybe Harden would be game over. Healthy, they will be a top 2 team this year.

NY media living the sage cleaning as was Durant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/12/18/nets-kyrie-irving-cleanses-court-beats-celtics-in-return/amp/

« Reply #502 on: December 18, 2020, 11:50:17 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Normally these questions are ridiculous, but could a lineup of G. Williams / Semi / Green / Edwards / Waters beat a good college team right now?

I’m not sure that they could, and that to me means that they’re pretty dispensable.

Answer is simple: NO  Danny is so busy with his bargain basement mentality that he misses tea talent. Nesmith looks promising; but not convinced Langford will materialize and don’t get the fixation with grant Williams can’t play Thies and GW together - horrendous.

« Reply #503 on: December 18, 2020, 11:51:44 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
If this Harden thing happens, Houston might be ready to implode. If you could snatch PJ and Danuel House (Rockets not exactly in love with him after bubble) from them, that would be great. Team gets tougher, grittier and a lot more ready.

Assuming we give up Langford and R Williams to get them.

Walker - Brown - Tatum - PJ Tucker - Theis
Teague - Smart - House - Grant - Tristan Thompson - Pritchard

You have your stars and a lot of role players that can defend and shoot. That's a much more well rounded team. I also believe PJ could make up for Theis' inability to defend some strong post players, despite being undersized. Plus we'd actually be excited to have our bench unit in with a dynamic backcourt. No more being desperate when you have to call someone up

« Reply #504 on: December 18, 2020, 11:52:54 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
For all the criticism about Houston's system over the past 4+ years, are we really that different??

Chucking 3s, iso-ball, continuing to chuck away even when it's not falling.

I mean the difference is Morey actually tried to build a roster around Harden that fits that scheme. The C's though don't have enough shooting and don't have the roster to do that scheme. But they just continue reverting to iso-ball for stretches and just shooting a ton of 3s a night. Huh??  ???

And to be clear, people will say I'm overreacting to this preseason game, but this has been the case for 3+ years now. And we've lost key playoff games and playoff series as a result too.

I mean really, 6/42 from behind the arc? That's embarrassing.
We're very different, we're building around our offences around massively inferior offensive centrepieces :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #505 on: December 19, 2020, 12:08:09 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Starting to doubt we can be serious contender with Jayson Tatum as our best player.
Tatum isn't the problem, the team just isn't very deep or good enough.  Boston was never going to be a contender this year without a major roster change.  And Boston may never really be a contender with Tatum, though I think Tatum can get there.  It doesn't happen over night.  It takes years for a guy to develop into a guy that anchor a legit contender.
I mean the team has an All-Star in Kemba, a fringe All-Star in Jaylen and a top 40-50 player in Smart plus a platoon of good role players. Obviously Kemba is missing right now, but if Tatum was the player people were hyping him up to be (offensive #1 and defensive #2) we'd be a fringe contender without Kemba and a title favourite with Kemba lol. The problem does lie with Tatum: he's a top 20ish player who can't play the role the Celtics and fans on this forum are fantasising on a team with title aspirations. He can definitely be the "best" player on a title winning team, but we would need to build our team like the 2014 Spurs and 2020 Heat rather than your typical contender who depends on their offensive centrepiece to shoulder a heavy offensive load with stagnant isolations and PnRs.

Obviously he can grow as a player and these games can be growing pains, but we're banking on Kawhi-esque growth at this point imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #506 on: December 19, 2020, 12:16:26 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I love coming here and reading the hot takes after a preseason skunking.

Sky is falling, Danny sucks, Brad sucks, bench sucks, starting 5 sucks, everyones better, we suck, sky is falling.
ok fine

« Reply #507 on: December 19, 2020, 12:16:32 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Kyrie burning sage before the game in Boston on the court is beyond disgusting and disrespectful to everyone in Boston. His way of saying his time here was hell and he needs to get rid of the bad karma. I wish him nothing but failure and misery in Brooklyn. Disrespectful would be too kind for that kind of action.

Kyrie and Durant and maybe Harden would be game over. Healthy, they will be a top 2 team this year.

NY media living the sage cleaning as was Durant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/12/18/nets-kyrie-irving-cleanses-court-beats-celtics-in-return/amp/

This whole sage burning business shows how soft the Celtics are. You have a player that left the franchise under very bad circumstances who did not even have the courage to show up in Bostn last year come to you rhouse and pull that nonsense yet the Boston leaders were all getting their laughs off with him after he disrespected their house with that ritua of cleansing their court. The team lost that game before the game started. See with Kyrie it is personal, that is why he did what he did, but the Celtics are too soft and dispassionate. They lost that game before the ball went up. It is now all over the media what he did in Boston.

« Reply #508 on: December 19, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Sky is falling, Danny sucks, Brad sucks, bench sucks, starting 5 sucks, everyones better, we suck, sky is falling.

You mean you do not come here for the counterpoint.. everything is okay, Brad si great, the Jays are great, this is just the preseason, nothing to see here, Celtics got this rah rah, in Danny we trust, the team is complete, and ready to roll. Dont you like those takes?

« Reply #509 on: December 19, 2020, 12:19:44 AM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla

Not a hot take if you felt like it since the offseason and esp after the end of FA. Just an opinion. In a month maybe saying this team is good enough will be the hot take, hell, give it a couple more weeks and we'll see  (;