Author Topic: Zaza Pachulia traded to Mavs  (Read 5680 times)

Re: Zaza Pachulia traded to Mavs
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 10:53:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Zaza is a dirty player.  Never been a fan of his.

The Celtics probably need a dirty player at the end of their bench.

Need?! We have Kelly Olynyk.

TP.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 10:54:14 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
So there lineup is now:
Zaza
Dirk who can barely move now
Chandler Parsons coming back from microfracture surgery
Wes Matthews coming back from an Achilles tear

I think they would be trying to sell assets at the trade deadline to make sure they are worse than 7th

They should go after Brandon jennings now. Not just because they need a point guard and he could probably be had for cheap but because he'd fit right in with all the recuperation.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 10:56:34 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

JR Smith is as dirty as they come but I don't want him.

I said a dirty player, not a knucklehead.  Someone more like Steven Adams or a non-toast Kendrick Perkins. 
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 11:11:02 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I said a dirty player, not a knucklehead.  Someone more like Steven Adams or a non-toast Kendrick Perkins.

I don't want a dirty player/non-knucklehead either.  A dirty player is a dirty player.  No thanks.  Not what a young team needs.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 11:18:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I don't want a dirty player/non-knucklehead either.  A dirty player is a dirty player.  No thanks.  Not what a young team needs.

Disagree. We have to get out of this mindset of referring to this as a "young" team. It drives me nuts. I'd rather refer to it as a competitive team that happens to have some young players.

And by the way,  I get where LooseCannon is coming from.

Maybe "dirty" is the wrong word.  But we need someone who's not going to stand by like a woman in a skirt and let our team get bullied around which seems to happen a lot.

We never retaliated vs Wade for the Rondo and Isaiah incident and we DEFINTELY should've retaliated for what Perk and JR Smith did to Crowder.

Someone who will be our enforcer. We need someone like that!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 11:24:05 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Disagree. We have to get out of this mindset of referring to this as a "young" team. It drives me nuts. I'd rather refer to it as a competitive team that happens to have some young players.

Maybe "dirty" is the wrong word.  But we need someone who's not going to stand by like a woman in a skirt and let our team get bullied around which seems to happen a lot.

We never retaliated vs Wade for the Rondo and Isaiah incident and we DEFINTELY should've retaliated for what Perk and JR Smith did to Crowder.

I think Smart is that type of player.  I agree that it's good to have a tough player (like Smart) but there is a difference between tough and dirty.  Zaza is a dirty player. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 12:41:51 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
That pick is going to be good. This means they're going to go for it this year and not tank. I don't think Zaza makes them all that much better, and he's just another injury-prone guy (iirc) to add to a team full of injury-prone guys.

With our luck, they'll be the 8th worst team and the ping pong ball will bounce them into the first pick.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 01:51:19 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I think Smart is that type of player.  I agree that it's good to have a tough player (like Smart) but there is a difference between tough and dirty.  Zaza is a dirty player.
Not as dirty as KG. And I liked having KG around.

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Good bench player. Will be one of the 2-3 worst starting centers in the league next year.

He'll help but not a lot.

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Smith is mainly cheap shot dirty, most of the time when he is frustrated or can't control himself.  Zaza is more tough guy dirty.

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
lol dallas
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 12:54:45 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I actually like Zaza. He knows his role. He rebounds and mucks it up.