Author Topic: [Stein] LeBron openly called time-outs, made substitions and barked at Blatt  (Read 12637 times)

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Maybe Lebron is holding his family hostage though and forcing him to stay at the Cavs as his battering ram ::) ::)

Way to not over exaggerate, when making a point about people over exaggerating too much.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw out a lets agree to disagree since this seems to be going in a real rational direction

Its clear as day dude. Blatt just had a press conference where he talked about how great it was coaching Lebron and how he is going nowhere. HE is choosing to continue to be kicked around, bullied and humiliated by big bad Lebron. Totally makes sense dont you think?

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
As a fun aside, the only reason why James was able to hit that game winning buzzer beater was because the officials changed the clock to give him enough time to reasonably get the shot off. The ball went off Mirotic with 0.8 on the shot clock, but the Cavaliers inbounded it with 1.5 to shoot.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
At the Cavaliers end of the season media availability, Blatt said that he expects to be coaching next season. I'm sure he will too unless things deteriorate considerably.

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Maybe Lebron is holding his family hostage though and forcing him to stay at the Cavs as his battering ram ::) ::)

Way to not over exaggerate, when making a point about people over exaggerating too much.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw out a lets agree to disagree since this seems to be going in a real rational direction

Its clear as day dude. Blatt just had a press conference where he talked about how great it was coaching Lebron and how he is going nowhere. HE is choosing to continue to be kicked around, bullied and humiliated by big bad Lebron. Totally makes sense dont you think?

actually yes it does.  I watched Jim Zorn do it for two years as a rookie head coach with the redskins.  the front office completely neutered him and brought in a guy to call the plays for the offense (Sherm Lewis), that was literally calling bingo games in a church the week before.  The media for weeks was showing up to redskins park every single day waiting for Jim Zorn to either be fired or quit.  They were even bringing in replacements to interview for his job before they even fired him!  And Jim Zorn put up with all of it and never missed a beat in front of the media saying how everything is just Peachy!  Some people will say all the right things to keep their job, if they know losing it, is the alternative for standing up for yourself. 

Regardless of what you think, what David Blatt says to media means SQUAT about what his actual frame of mind is.  So you can wave that flag all day if you want.
Greg

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If you are a Lebron supporter pretty hard to justify this behavior. As far as I know, Stein doesn't have any sort of ax to grind with Lebron and has written some pretty positive pieces on him. So this isn't like WOJ writing it. Wonder what the rest of the team thought of this. Maybe this is part of the reason Love could be disenchanted.

If you are a Lebron supporter, you don't have much principles or at the very least you don't value them as high as idolizing a basketball player.
From what I have heard from Lebron (off the court) it is pretty obvious that's the reason why Love didn't like the Cavs and probably why there isn't any top coach that are willing to coach Lebron.

Yup......why would a TOP coach want a job where .....he IS NOT the coach of the whole team......only controlling the Bench players and running practice.  His job is head water boy .

Sorry ....there is one chief and the rest are Indians .   LeBron can be head Indian , greatest player , on court leader .....the coach needs control of the team......James bossing him around belittles his stature as HEAD Coach in front of the other 14 players you need to listen and have their confidence.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Blatt is a pretty amaturish nba coach from what I have read. I dislike Lebron but I can also kind of see why he got mad.

I remember against the Hawks , Blatt wanted Lebron to inbound the ball with like 1.5 sec left. How dumb is that? Instead Lebron changes that play , received the ball for the game winning jump shot.   This kind of mistake cant happen

Lebron is going to ask Blatt to be fired , especially after this article came out. He is not patient right now. Rather have Lue aka mini Doc guide the team.  Lebron likes Rue also.

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

actually yes it does.  I watched Jim Zorn do it for two years as a rookie head coach with the redskins.  the front office completely neutered him and brought in a guy to call the plays for the offense (Sherm Lewis), that was literally calling bingo games in a church the week before.  The media for weeks was showing up to redskins park every single day waiting for Jim Zorn to either be fired or quit.  They were even bringing in replacements to interview for his job before they even fired him!  And Jim Zorn put up with all of it and never missed a beat in front of the media saying how everything is just Peachy!  Some people will say all the right things to keep their job, if they know losing it, is the alternative for standing up for yourself. 

Regardless of what you think, what David Blatt says to media means SQUAT about what his actual frame of mind is.  So you can wave that flag all day if you want.

Wow ok so if am understanding all the logic,

When Loves says he wants to stay with the Cavs, he actually means he cant wait to leave

When DG says he wants Love back, it actually means he cant stand Love and wants to get rid of him

When Blatt says he enjoyed coaching Lebron and is going nowhere, He actually means he despises Lebron but wants to keep getting apparently bullied and humiliated by him.

This is the same Blatt that is a coaching Legend in Europe having won many titles there and needs ZERO validation from the NBA.

The same Blatt that will never get credit even if he wins (clearly shown this season). All his mistakes are headline news while his success is pushed to the side despite being a rookie coach. And add to the fact he is constant being humuliated by Lebron yet he is willfully choosing to stay. OK then

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The way lebron acted towards  Blatt, makes him look spoiled. But i bet if the coach was doc, pops he would be nodding up and down most of the time

The bigger mistake Lebron made was getting rid of Wiggins. He got cursed. Lebron and wiggins duo would of been great. 

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

When Loves says he wants to stay with the Cavs, he actually means he cant wait to leave

When DG says he wants Love back, it actually means he cant stand Love and wants to get rid of him

When Blatt says he enjoyed coaching Lebron and is going nowhere, He actually means he despises Lebron but wants to keep getting apparently bullied and humiliated by him.

This is the same Blatt that is a coaching Legend in Europe having won many titles there and needs ZERO validation from the NBA.

The same Blatt that will never get credit even if he wins (clearly shown this season). All his mistakes are headline news while his success is pushed to the side despite being a rookie coach. And add to the fact he is constant being humuliated by Lebron yet he is willfully choosing to stay. OK then

Can you really not see the difference in circumstance where someone would state their real feelings with the media and in another situation would not??  Ever heard of the phrase 'You pick your battles"  Blatts could be 100% truthful with these statements he put out there, you could be right.  But to completely dismiss the fact that he could just be saying these things to smooth everything over is ignorant.

You have your opinion and I have mine, and thats the end of it.
Greg

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

How Lebron acted was childish. But Blatt imo made some brutal calls from the sidelines.

Lebron in the end wins .  Blatt imo won't be back next season.   Just because he is patient, a nice guy and good with the media does not make him a great coach.  He did some nice things in Europe but I still can't understand how with 1.5 second left he wanted Lebron to inbound the ball that one game.

That is the kind of plays he prob drew up from time to time that got Lebron beyond upset

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
....coaching Legend in Europe ....  and needs ZERO validation from the NBA.

you sure that's how it works? 

in any event, its hard to respect how good Lebron truly is because of how over-inflated the espn clones try to make him out to be. 

greatest finals performance of all time? 
gettha----outahere. 
golden state left him in single coverage the whole way  --- and he couldn't even make 40% of his shots.  and what he did make, mostly came in the first 3 quarters.  when the going got tough he was looking to pass.  missed a game winner, and bonked out of overtime in game 1 as well. 

had kobe put up this kind of finals series, he'd be vilified for his ball-hoggery.  with bron, folks are clamoring to give him a second place trophy.  impressive the slant the media is able to create, isn't it?   

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

Can you really not see the difference in circumstance where someone would state their real feelings with the media and in another situation would not??  Ever heard of the phrase 'You pick your battles"  Blatts could be 100% truthful with these statements he put out there, you could be right.  But to completely dismiss the fact that he could just be saying these things to smooth everything over is ignorant.

Well look at the facts. HE has absolutely NOTHIN to gain from remaining with the Cavs. His mistakes will always be magnified. He will never get credit for winning. 

He is already a coaching Legend in Europe, if he left the Cavs job, he would get a job the next day. The other coach you mentioned did not have that type of reputation and very possibly just needed the money. Very unlikely for Blatt given his track record. If anything, coaches in Europe are proven to be bigger than players. Yet he comes to the NBA and is being bullied, humuliated and bullied by his best player and he chooses to stay. What logical reason would he have to stay?? Why will he continue to allowed himself to be humuliated when he can be treated like a King back in Europe

You have your opinion and I have mine, and thats the end of it.

True. Diff is I make my opinion based on clear logic and fact. Your making yours based on,hearsay,speculation, personal dislike and bias ;D

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Same story every year with Lebron. If he wins a championship, it's only because of him. If he loses, it's because of the coach, or the team. I'd personally love to see Lebron being coached by Tyrone Lue, or Mark Jackson. If it doesn't work, we'll all know that Lebron is just a spoiled brat, who only wants his way...Oh wait, we already do.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
True. Diff is I make my opinion based on clear logic and fact. Your making yours based on,hearsay,speculation, personal dislike and bias ;D

A laughable statement at best.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

A laughable statement at best.

This is the same guy adamantly involving himself in the Kevin Love discussion that is now fiercely defending Lebron against any criticism. However, never forget that he swears he is not a Cavs fan, but only here to correct us on our bias and illogical conclusions.