Which Job is the best job?

Knicks
6 (16.2%)
Lakers
3 (8.1%)
Warriors
28 (75.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: You are Steve Kerr and you are offered the following jobs, which one do you take  (Read 10872 times)

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
How on Earth did Steve Kerr become such a hot commodity? That makes no sense to me at all
That's what I was wondering also...but guess u got to start from somewhere

Phil Jackson wants him.

That's like if if WCW and WWE are still going at it, and a recently retired Stone Cold Steve Austin said you are the next main eventer and money draw even though you're just an ECW guy, they will have a bidding war for you.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
What would Morey do?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Warriors less pressure to win

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
How on Earth did Steve Kerr become such a hot commodity? That makes no sense to me at all
That's what I was wondering also...but guess u got to start from somewhere

Phil Jackson wants him.

That's like if if WCW and WWE are still going at it, and a recently retired Stone Cold Steve Austin said you are the next main eventer and money draw even though you're just an ECW guy, they will have a bidding war for you.
I'll take Brad Stevens.

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
With zero coaching experience, he should take the one willing to throw him more years and more money.

And thank Jason Kidd too.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Disagree.

The Warriors job will be the most looked at, and possibly the highest pressure to win right away. Remember, whoever is coaching the Dubs will have to replace a coach that the players really liked, and not to mention won 51 games.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Disagree.

The Warriors job will be the most looked at, and possibly the highest pressure to win right away. Remember, whoever is coaching the Dubs will have to replace a coach that the players really liked, and not to mention won 51 games.

No way the media/fan scrutiny is even close to the Lakers or the Knicks gig, though.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Disagree.

No way the media/fan scrutiny is even close to the Lakers or the Knicks gig, though.

Not really.

These Dubs are supposed title contenders with Jackson, and the idea as to why he got fired is because the management thinks Mark cannot bring them there.

The next coach that will come in would very well be looked by the media as the "guy management thinks will bring the Dubs to the top". Although there's a great roster already built, that's a TON of pressure.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Doesn't matter. The GSW are the best team, but they'll be under the least scrutiny -- kind of like when Denver fell off the face of the earth this year after being the same sort of title contending team as the Warriors.

Even when they're awful, all eyes are on the Lakers and the Knicks. That doesn't hold up  for teams outside the Bay Area.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Doesn't matter. The GSW are the best team, but they'll be under the least scrutiny -- kind of like when Denver fell off the face of the earth this year after being the same sort of title contending team as the Warriors.

Even when they're awful, all eyes are on the Lakers and the Knicks. That doesn't hold up  for teams outside the Bay Area.

This is a fair point.

Taken.

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Steve Kerr has accepted the Warriors' head coaching job, according to David Aldridge of NBA.com.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Steve Kerr has accepted the Warriors' head coaching job, according to David Aldridge of NBA.com.

It will be very interesting to see what Phil Jackson in NYC does now. Which coach he pursues and whether they will end up playing the Triangle or not.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
I don't like the Warriors hiring someone with no coaching experience. They are too close to a Championship. Too much risk in a first time head coach. They should've gone with someone with more experience.

5 years $25 million = wow, that is a lot of money for someone with no coaching background.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Disagree.

I'd be willing to bet 51 games was considered a disappointing season over there.  Considering that amount of talent.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't like the Warriors hiring someone with no coaching experience. They are too close to a Championship. Too much risk in a first time head coach. They should've gone with someone with more experience.

5 years $25 million = wow, that is a lot of money for someone with no coaching background.

Mark Jackson was a first time coach and he took the Warriors to the Playoffs in his 2nd year. We can make the case that if Bogut and Curry we're healthy in his first season, they probably snuck in.

But $5 million is indeed a lot. Thats probably the "heres the bank, so ypu womt reconsider" offer.