Author Topic: You have to feel for the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
What LeBron is doing to that city, his home state is awful just awful.  They needed him and he let them down.  That city is going to have a huge decline in their economy and with all the heart break they have had to go through in sports this is definitely the worst.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: You have to feel for the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Or they should be happy... The "savior" and the "king" hasnt been able to win squat in seven years there... Id happily let him walk out that door and spend 25 million dollars on 2-3 TEAM players, then one guy who wants to steal all the spotlight.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
I understand your comments, but man will I be glad to see that ego maniac go...

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
the fumble...the drive...the shot (jordan)...the hit (edgar renteria)...

...the decision.

this will kill that city.  the indians suck and the browns are awful.  in a town that is falling apart due to economy, this is just terrible news.

the "mistake on the lake" takes yet another fatal blow.  :'(
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Good to hear that one Cleveland fan won't be killing himself.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Eh... the city shouldn't be relying on one man to prop up its economy. That's just delaying the inevitable.

From a sports perspective, yeah that stinks for them if he leaves. It'd be cool if they could win a title while he's still playing though (only if the Celtics are already out obviously).

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 03:30:09 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Why should we feel for them? I've read a lot of the Cavs' fans posts on their boards and they looked pretty immature and arrogant to me, so I'm glad they will be left with a core of Jamison, Mo Williams and Varejao after being so arrogant and talking trash about teams like the Celtics, the Magic, etc, claiming that the Cavs were the team to beat.

Sure, it sucks for them because LeBron means more than just sports for this city and state but... this is an absurdity, LeBron is just a basketball player, his state/city's economy shouldn't rely on him, that's crazy.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 03:32:50 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Why should we feel for them? I've read a lot of the Cavs' fans posts on their boards and they looked pretty immature and arrogant to me, so I'm glad they will be left with a core of Jamison, Mo Williams and Varejao after being so arrogant and talking trash about teams like the Celtics, the Magic, etc, claiming that the Cavs were the team to beat.

Sure, it sucks for them because LeBron means more than just sports for this city and state but... this is an absurdity, LeBron is just a basketball player, his state/city's economy shouldn't rely on him, that's crazy.

But it does Drucci and not all Cavs fans are ****s.  Some of them are good down to earth people.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 03:34:47 PM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens

Sorry to mislead you...while I respected the cavs back in the days of mark price, I have never been a cavs fan...I bleed green in basketball...

I guess I am not a good guage...
I am a Jets fan who hates the browns...
A celtics fan...
and a buckeye fan (we actually win)

Not really a home town guy...

But I live in Akron, and if I have to here more blind love for a player that I feel will never win anything significant with his current attitude towards bball; I may go insane...

Not to mention the fact that everyone here is "friends" with the Drama King...

I beg, only 30 more hours of the hell I have been living for 7 years!!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 03:35:51 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

But it does Drucci and not all Cavs fans are ****s.  Some of them are good down to earth people.

Yeah, sure, it's sad for the "good" fans but is LeBron really to blame? As much as I hate the guy, it's not his fault if the free agents don't want to come to Cleveland (see Bosh) and if his management failed to give him a good enough supporting cast to win it all.

Plus, he could stay in Cleveland to get max money but he probably won't, he will take the best decision business and competitiveness wise (not to forget "hype" wise), and Cleveland just doesn't fit these criterias, can you really blame him for choosing the best situation for him? As much as he loves the fans, he can't sacrifice his own career to satisfy them and get stuck in a situation where he will lose in the second round year after year.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 03:38:02 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Sorry to mislead you...while I respected the cavs back in the days of mark price, I have never been a cavs fan...I bleed green in basketball...

A celtics fan...

But I live in Akron, and if I have to here more blind love for a player that I feel will never win anything significant with his current attitude towards bball; I may go insane...

Don't be sorry at all I'm glad your a Celts fan I didn't completely read your username and see that celt at the end of your name.  My b man TP for calling you a cavs fan by accident.

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

A celtics fan...

i grew up in a really small town just east of Alliance.  I know those people and that area well having lived in NE Ohio for 25 years before graduating and moving away.  It's a depressed area...steel factories have been dying for years (my dad is a press helper).  Though I don't love the Cav's, I do have ties to them as I listened to the radio (Joe Tait) as a kid in my room late at night (World. B. Free, Roy Hinson, Phill Hubbard, etc.).  I used to like that team, but Larry Bird stole my heart...

But I would admit, that should LeBron leave, I do have a small part of me that feels for those fans...  I still know many of them and we have Facebook "get togethers" for many games.  They are tired of the sideshow, but they really wanted him to stay.  This will be tough for them...

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

A celtics fan...

i grew up in a really small town just east of Alliance.  I know those people and that area well having lived in NE Ohio for 25 years before graduating and moving away.  It's a depressed area...steel factories have been dying for years (my dad is a press helper).  Though I don't love the Cav's, I do have ties to them as I listened to the radio (Joe Tait) as a kid in my room late at night (World. B. Free, Roy Hinson, Phill Hubbard, etc.).  I used to like that team, but Larry Bird stole my heart...

But I would admit, that should LeBron leave, I do have a small part of me that feels for those fans...  I still know many of them and we have Facebook "get togethers" for many games.  They are tired of the sideshow, but they really wanted him to stay.  This will be tough for them...

You were a Cavs fan and you switched over to the Celtics because of a player?

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

A celtics fan...

You were a Cavs fan and you switched over to the Celtics because of a player?

Yes...  All I ever wanted to be growing up was Larry Bird.  I won't bore you with the details, but my room (and my life) was a shrine.  He alone made me love the game.  I followed the Cavs, but I lived the Celtics.

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens

A celtics fan...

Sure there are a few good fans...but not many...This is a football state...most people need to be explained the rules every time you talk to them....Lebron is a social phenomenon, not a sports fanatic thing here...He will be missed for a very short time....The next  time the browns lose to the steelers will be a bigger hit to the fans than Lecrab leaving....

Again I understand  there are exceptions, but not many...

Plus it is almost BUCKEYE season!!!!!!!!