Author Topic: New hippy headbands  (Read 1145 times)

New hippy headbands
« on: March 19, 2019, 11:50:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
What's up with those?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: New hippy headbands
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
LOL. I've been thinking of them as the "Andre Agassi headbands."

But yes, I'm surprised to see any basketball players wearing this type.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 12:24:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
They remind me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 12:27:07 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Just another effort by the players to look as bad as they possibly can. Some of these guys have already gooked themselves up so badly with the tatts and the wild looking hair and beards that they look like terrorists. Think I'm exaggerating ? Did you take a good look at Brandon Ingram this year ? Then, of course, we have those individuals who made some sort of conscious decision to style their hair so that it sticks straight up in the air, or hangs over their forehead like grass growing over the edge of a cliff. The out-of-control tatts have been a wonderful addition- completely covering arms and the always popular neck & face designs. Do they think this looks good in any possible way - I suppose the idea is to look as bad as possible - this makes you cool and cool is the most important thing in their world. Just more coarsening of the culture.

I can't believe the NBA has not outlawed the bandana headbands, though. Probably Serpent-face Adam Silver is afraid someone will cry racism.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 04:31:24 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Just another effort by the players to look as bad as they possibly can. Some of these guys have already gooked themselves up so badly with the tatts and the wild looking hair and beards that they look like terrorists. Think I'm exaggerating ? Did you take a good look at Brandon Ingram this year ? Then, of course, we have those individuals who made some sort of conscious decision to style their hair so that it sticks straight up in the air, or hangs over their forehead like grass growing over the edge of a cliff. The out-of-control tatts have been a wonderful addition- completely covering arms and the always popular neck & face designs. Do they think this looks good in any possible way - I suppose the idea is to look as bad as possible - this makes you cool and cool is the most important thing in their world. Just more coarsening of the culture.

I can't believe the NBA has not outlawed the bandana headbands, though. Probably Serpent-face Adam Silver is afraid someone will cry racism.
agree 100%

Don't forget the mismatching shoes, no socks, etc.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

agree 100%

Don't forget the mismatching shoes, no socks, etc.

The mismatching shoes is what I really don't understand. I completely understand guys wanting to wear "their" brand and "their" design, but why on Earth do some of these guys insist on wearing pink shoes with a green uniform? Or neon yellow shoes with a red-and-blue uniform? I wish the league would ban that.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 04:36:39 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
They remind me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

TP!  I've been calling them "Daniel LaRusso" headbands.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 05:02:40 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Some of these guys have already gooked themselves up so badly with the tatts and the wild looking hair and beards that they look like terrorists.

Wow. The guy who just shot up a mosque in New Zealand looked nothing like that though, but go off.

The headband is in the style of the Hachimaki, not a bandana. Tennis players have been wearing them for years.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 05:05:44 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

At the risk of having this thread run off the rails, I have to ask: what documented terrorists do you have in mind that look like NBA players with tattoos?  The only heavily tattooed terrorists that come to mind for me are Neo-Nazis, and I don't see much of a resemblance.  I get it if tattoos aren't your thing.  They aren't mine either.  I used to think Christ Anderson reminded me of a NYC subway train from the 80's.  But to suggest that the look like terrorists (as if there is some universally defined "terrorist look") is pretty ridiculous.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 05:21:24 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Whenever i see Jrue Holliday I think he looks like a pirate.  ;D