Author Topic: Kyrie spoke to Davis about joining Celtics, C's open to trade without assurance  (Read 1423 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Report: Celtics Expected To Pursue Anthony Davis Trade Without Contract Assurance

Anthony Davis has yet to tell those close to him he is "dead set" on joining the Los Angeles Lakers or any other specific team.

Davis also does not appear ready to demand a trade from the New Orleans Pelicans.

Davis has been consistent with his public comments about wanting to win with the Pelicans.

The Boston Celtics have long been interested in Davis and presumably could offer the Pelicans the best package, while the Lakers could also put together a potential trade for Davis

According to ESPN.com’s Zach Lowe, the Celtics would still be interested in making a deal even without a long-term commitment from Davis.

Lowe writes:

“That might leave only Boston and the Lakers with the combination of assets, remaining roster power, and market/historical appeal. The Celtics want their chance, and if they get it, expect them to be ultra-aggressive even without any assurances from Davis that he will re-sign. The Celtics are confident in the team and culture they have built under Brad Stevens.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25619439/anthony-davis-trade-talk-biggest-story-nba

The Pelicans are expected to offer Davis a five-year supermax extension worth $239.5 million this July, but Davis doesn’t see the extra money that only New Orleans, the team that drafted him, can offer “as a factor in his eventual decision,” according to The Athletic’s Sam Amick. It’s easy to see why: The supermax isn’t so super. It does not offer Davis significantly more than he can earn if he’s traded elsewhere under his current contract

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/12/27/18157459/anthony-davis-trade-pelicans-lakers-celtics

Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving is one of Davis’s closest friends in the league, and he has already spoken to Davis about being teammates on the Celtics, The Athletic’s Jay King reported in October. The Celtics could own up to four first-round picks in the 2019 draft, including Sacramento’s top-one-protected first. The Kings are vying for a playoff spot, but only 3.5 games separate them from the NBA’s seventh-worst record. It’s a long season ahead; Sacramento’s current early-season surge could soon feel like a distant memory. With young assets like Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and Robert Williams—or a sign-and-trade including Terry Rozier, a restricted free agent this summer—the Celtics also have various young players to dangle. Jayson Tatum could trump all other assets were the Celtics to make him available.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:28:53 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This should be stickied for all the fools that constantly criticize Kyrie.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Okay who are you and what have you done with tarheelsxxiii lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
The real question... who is the CLOSEST friend of Davis - Lebron or Kyrie  :o  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The real question... who is the CLOSEST friend of Davis - Lebron or Kyrie  :o  :P

Hopefully the #s 26 and 34 (their ages) make AD realize where his best opportunity lies...a nice Carmelo-style trade demand to Boston would be especially nice, but I am okay with giving up whatever for AD.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Lebron is not a friend he is just recruiting,

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I thought they were good friends too... where did you hear that first part from?

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I thought they were good friends too... where did you hear that first part from?

I can’t recall seeing Davis and Lebron linked as friends, although they share an agent.  Lebron famously said he doesn’t have many NBA friends:

“People get so infatuated with the best of friends, things of that nature,” James said. “First of all, I’ve got three very good friends in this league, and that’s Carmelo (Anthony), and that’s C.P. (Chris Paul), and that’s D-Wade. And after that I have a bunch of teammates

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I can’t recall seeing Davis and Lebron linked as friends, although they share an agent.  Lebron famously said he doesn’t have many NBA friends:

“People get so infatuated with the best of friends, things of that nature,” James said. “First of all, I’ve got three very good friends in this league, and that’s Carmelo (Anthony), and that’s C.P. (Chris Paul), and that’s D-Wade. And after that I have a bunch of teammates

Ah okay, thanks for that!

I have a Lakers friend and he was telling me that they are friends so I thought differently. Maybe he meant "friend" more as a respect kind of way (both being NBA superstars).

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Doubtful that it's more important than Kyrie being 7 years younger. I realize that LeBron is aging pretty well, but this injury could be the sign that his body is finally starting to hit a wall. It's inevitable.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

TP, tar

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
So does this qualify as tampering?

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Who hacked tarheels?!

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
So does this qualify as tampering?

Nah.. These players talk all the time. Its the media that hypes all the frenzy.

Notice that AD says all the right things infont of the camera but behind it, he knows that he ain't winning a title in New Orleans.. All he needs to do is decli e the supermax offer and that will signal the Pels to trade him rather than lose him for nothing.