Author Topic: Small market GMs highly upset about Lebron tampering to get Anthony Davis  (Read 2827 times)

Re: Small market GMs highly upset about Lebron tampering to get Anthony Davis
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
So in the space of a week, LeBUM calls out white team owners as slave owners, calls out Jews as having too much money and tampers with AD.  Hmmm.  Why does it seem that most people get fines and lose their jobs for this but oh no, not LeBUM.  this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. racist can say and do anything he wants with our corrupt media.

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So in the space of a week, LeBUM calls out white team owners as slave owners, calls out Jews as having too much money and tampers with AD.  Hmmm.  Why does it seem that most people get fines and lose their jobs for this but oh no, not LeBUM.  this **** racist can say and do anything he wants with our corrupt media.
I agree that lebron comes off as a racist person with his commentary

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 01:04:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No sympathy for these whiny small market GM's. If you want to keep your players, do better.

I will always side with the players being able to talk to each other, and if they so choose, team up with whatever other players they want. It's their career, their livelihood, they can do as they please.

The NBA is exactly right here:

An NBA spokesman told ESPN on Friday: "Each case is assessed on its own facts. In general, absent evidence of team coordination or other aggravating factors, it is not tampering when a player makes a comment about his interest in playing with another team's player."
This notion has always bothered me and, though it sounds like freedom, is actually unfair to most players.  What players are we talking about here that have this freedom?  Superstars, that's it.  They are the ones who have the leverage to switch teams, recruit players to join them, etc.  In effect, it's the "haves" and "have-nots" and the have-nots represent about 95% of the league.

Respectfully, so what?

The more valuable you are the more leverage you have. That's true of any industry.

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 03:01:36 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
So in the space of a week, LeBUM calls out white team owners as slave owners, calls out Jews as having too much money and tampers with AD.  Hmmm.  Why does it seem that most people get fines and lose their jobs for this but oh no, not LeBUM.  this **** racist can say and do anything he wants with our corrupt media.

That's quite the overstatement.

He said NFL owners have a "slave mentality," meaning they boss their players around without regard for them as people. It's hyperbole for sure, but he didn't actually say NFL owners are slave owners.

He quoted an anti-semetic rap lyric which he shouldn't have done but he didn't call out Jews in any way.

According to the league and, as far as I can tell common sense, he didn't tamper.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:29:06 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I wish black people had the stereotype of being rich instead of the 100s of other things said/believed. I can't tell a religion how to feel, if they say it's antisemitic then I'll go with it, but I'm not going to join in on bashing on this one.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wish black people had the stereotype of being rich instead of the 100s of other things said/believed. I can't tell a religion how to feel, if they say it's antisemitic then I'll go with it, but I'm not going to join in on bashing on this one.

I don't think the offense comes from "Jews are often wealthy".  Rather, it's the uglier stuff that goes along with that, such as stereotypes about greed, hoarding, being dishonest, having a negative effect on the economy, etc.

A telephone poll of 1747 American adults conducted by the Anti-Defamation League in 2009 found that 18% believed that "Jews have too much power in the business world", 13% that "Jews are more willing than others to use shady practices to get what they want", and 12% that "Jews are not just as honest as other businesspeople".[

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2018, 01:10:16 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
leave King James alone...dude has his own teams that he runs coaches and plays for.

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2018, 04:56:20 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I don't think the offense comes from "Jews are often wealthy".  Rather, it's the uglier stuff that goes along with that, such as stereotypes about greed, hoarding, being dishonest, having a negative effect on the economy, etc.

A telephone poll of 1747 American adults conducted by the Anti-Defamation League in 2009 found that 18% believed that "Jews have too much power in the business world", 13% that "Jews are more willing than others to use shady practices to get what they want", and 12% that "Jews are not just as honest as other businesspeople".[

I know where it comes from but I know that this wasn't his nor the rapper's usage of it. I think people leave out intent far too often. I'll always air on the side of w/e someone feels is offensive (in this way) but I still think they need to look at how it's used now. Look how often the word black is used now, think of its origin (person related), it's more of a badge of honor to claim it now. I can't tell these religious people how to feel but today it's used as a compliment (unless you're talking about prejudiced and malicious intent). This is different from the N-word, it has the original context even though the variation of it is meant to take power from it, the true word has nothing good about it.

Again, it's up to the offended to call it how they see it, I'm just sharing some of my thoughts on it, I have more, but this really isn't the site for it.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It was a dumb statement period.  LeBron has a very poor compass when it comes to gauging people, and their reactions.  It has came up time and again in his career.

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Bottom line is LeBron James is MORE than just a regular player. He runs his teams he is a quasi-coach and quasi-GM on any team he plays for. He has already demonstrated that he can put super teams together. The same rules cannot be applied to LeBron that  you apply to most other players.

LeBron James should be at the very ;east cautioned for tampering with players under contract. There should be no 'player exception' to the tampering rules.