Author Topic: Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green  (Read 31239 times)

Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Mark Blount
Vin Baker
Stephon Marbury
Tony Allen
Mikki Moore

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't think you missed anyone. Are we supposed to pick one from that list? If I had to choose I'd say Blount. The other guys tried they just weren't very good.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I don't think you missed anyone. Are we supposed to pick one from that list? If I had to choose I'd say Blount. The other guys tried they just weren't very good.

Nah, you can pick your own if you want.  I'm sure there will be plenty of other nominees.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1620
  • What a Pub Should Be
Joe Forte always bothered me.

Probably more due to his ridiculous outfits and sideline antics.  Anybody remember the Scooby Doo outfit?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Mark Blount
Vin Baker
Stephon Marbury
Tony Allen
Mikki Moore

I would have to say your hate for Marbury can't really be based on his time here. He played a handful of games, shot poorly, but was a good soldier and tried to learn to play defense. Kind of same thing with Mikki Moore. I think players like Baker and Blount had a much worse impact on the team whether in terms of there play or there contracts. I would also add Wally to the team and perhaps Ratliff, who seemed to magically be able to play again once he left here. 

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:25:32 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Mark Blount
Vin Baker
Stephon Marbury
Tony Allen
Mikki Moore

I would have to say your hate for Marbury can't really be based on his time here. He played a handful of games, shot poorly, but was a good soldier and tried to learn to play defense. Kind of same thing with Mikki Moore. I think players like Baker and Blount had a much worse impact on the team whether in terms of there play or there contracts. I would also add Wally to the team and perhaps Ratliff, who seemed to magically be able to play again once he left here. 

I never liked Starbury, before, during, or after his time with the Celts.  Here, he didn't misbehave while under contract, but he also performed terribly.  This summer, of course, he went off the deep end once again.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1771
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There are several ways you can look at this...My biggest dislike for players this decade has come in the form of their contracts. Suspect #1, for me, was LaFrentz. He signified the end of the Antoine era (which was EXTREMELY disappointing to me) and he carried a ridiculous 6 year/13 mill per contract. Runners-up include Wally, Blount, and Baker.

Then there were players that we kept, but we shouldn't have- Kedrick Brown (instead of J. Johnson), Forte, G. Green- could we have gotten more for those players if we had traded them earlier?

And then there were players that just didn't fit in- those listed above, as well as Mikki Moore, Olowokandi, Ratliff, etc etc...I am sure there are many many others and I don't hate these guys, they just made the decade a little less enjoyable.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
For me, no one can ever be as detestable as Risky Davis.  I hate him so much that it borders on irrational, unbridled insanity.  That fake-jumpshot-pass would literally drive me to punch myself in the side of the face.  And near the end, when he was blatantly trying to freeze Paul out of the offense and ball hogging, I was near suicide.

Thank God Danny was finally able to purge him from the roster like the malignant tumor that he was.  If only I could do the same from my memory banks. . .  :'( :'(

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
hands down its gotta be Wally. I remember absolutely screaming at the TV while he bricked jumper after jumper, and he's one of the least athletic/slowest guys in the NBA. Doesn't help that we traded one of my favorite C's of the decade for him.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59:49 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Mark Blount.

Big gap.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 11:02:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Was Todd Day this decade? He was a jack ace

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Jerome Moiso (is he a real person?) or anyone drafted by Chris Wallace
Mark Blount
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
hands down its gotta be Wally. I remember absolutely screaming at the TV while he bricked jumper after jumper, and he's one of the least athletic/slowest guys in the NBA. Doesn't help that we traded one of my favorite C's of the decade for him.

OMG please tell me you're not referring to Risky Davis here.  That's it, I'm sharpening my razor blades and refilling my prescription of propofol.  Hobbs, can I actually subtract Tommy Points from someone?  If not I'm going to have to take a garlic presser to my jewels.

(ignore this comment entirely if you were talking about someone besides Risky)

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
There are several ways you can look at this...My biggest dislike for players this decade has come in the form of their contracts. Suspect #1, for me, was LaFrentz. He signified the end of the Antoine era (which was EXTREMELY disappointing to me) and he carried a ridiculous 6 year/13 mill per contract. Runners-up include Wally, Blount, and Baker.

Then there were players that we kept, but we shouldn't have- Kedrick Brown (instead of J. Johnson), Forte, G. Green- could we have gotten more for those players if we had traded them earlier?

And then there were players that just didn't fit in- those listed above, as well as Mikki Moore, Olowokandi, Ratliff, etc etc...I am sure there are many many others and I don't hate these guys, they just made the decade a little less enjoyable.

Probably gotta throw Scal in that category as well. I love Scal and I've loved him for this team since the arrival of the big 3. Prior to that though he couldn't do anything right in my mind (and his contract just made things worse)

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 11:13:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

OMG please tell me you're not referring to Risky Davis here.  That's it, I'm sharpening my razor blades and refilling my prescription of propofol.  Hobbs, can I actually subtract Tommy Points from someone?  If not I'm going to have to take a garlic presser to my jewels.

(ignore this comment entirely if you were talking about someone besides Risky)

Rickey Davis was really not that bad as a Celtic. He is by no means a winner, but the team was full of losers at that point and was not ready to win.