Author Topic: Michael Beasley signs with Lakers (shams)  (Read 5851 times)

Re: Michael Beasley signs with Lakers (shams)
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 09:43:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That’s a crazy locker room. Beasley is a pretty useful player off the bench, though.

Deng, Roy, you just think that this dude is... the Beas knees ;) ::) ;D *groan*, don't you, lol? ;D

Quote from: 538
Beasley finds the bottom of the net more than any other NBA reserve on a per-minute basis. In fact, just six players total — Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, and Westbrook — outpace him there.

He’s a useful player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That’s a crazy locker room. Beasley is a pretty useful player off the bench, though.

Deng, Roy, you just think that this dude is... the Beas knees ;) ::) ;D *groan*, don't you, lol? ;D

Beasley finds the bottom of the net more than any other NBA reserve on a per-minute basis. In fact, just six players total — Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, and Westbrook — outpace him there.

He’s a useful player.
I agree. I think if he was on a weak team and actually got starter-like minutes, he could put up some big numbers. Averaging 13ppg on splits of 51/40/78 (roughly) is really efficient too.

Too bad he's a bit of a tool
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 10:03:41 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

He’s a useful player.

And yet he’s on a new team practically every year, this being the first season in about 5 where he’s making more than the minimum.  It’s not about talent with Beasley.

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 10:14:21 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I don't mean to jinx it, but I don't feel threatened by these Lakers. At least not in bball terms.

I don't know man, I think we might get swept by the Lakers in our annual matchups next year. Rondo-Lance-LeBron-Beasley-McGee...seems like a trap. We know LeBron usually gets the best of the Celtics, but with those 4 guys? Oh goodness.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 10:37:36 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I see a bunch of dirty players...just add DWade - and it looks like the NBA wants a TV series called Hard Knocks

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
What if these jokers miss the playoffs? Looks like the sorta locker room that could blow up and pull it off.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 11:13:27 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I don't mean to jinx it, but I don't feel threatened by these Lakers. At least not in bball terms.

I don't know man, I think we might get swept by the Lakers in our annual matchups next year. Rondo-Lance-LeBron-Beasley-McGee...seems like a trap. We know LeBron usually gets the best of the Celtics, but with those 4 guys? Oh goodness.

McGee is just trash. Even his few seasons in Oakland haven’t changed that. Aron Baynes would kick his ass in terms of sheer skill and smarts.

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He’s a useful player.

And yet he’s on a new team practically every year, this being the first season in about 5 where he’s making more than the minimum.  It’s not about talent with Beasley.

It’s mostly because he’s a one-way role player. He’s a microwave scorer, in the Jamal Crawford mold.

He’s matured, though. He hasn’t been a locker room issue in what, a half-decade at least?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I say if Tyson Chandler gets bought out, he will go to Lakers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Is it me or is anyone else not too impressed with this lakers team? I guess the plan is to go for a star next year. But this is just a mish mash of washed up players.

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 12:27:22 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Is it me or is anyone else not too impressed with this lakers team? I guess the plan is to go for a star next year. But this is just a mish mash of washed up players.

I think the same. This Lakers team just doesn't seem that good. LeBron has thrived with spot up shooters, and great isolation scorers, with multiple all-stars or future hall of fame teammates. On this Lakers team, who's his best teammate? Ingram? Kuzma?

His team is filled with players who are either too young, or too washed up to seriously compete, especially in the West. All hype regarding them is simply the Lakers being playoff relevant again. Celtics would annihilate this team in a playoff series.

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

I think the same. This Lakers team just doesn't seem that good. LeBron has thrived with spot up shooters, and great isolation scorers, with multiple all-stars or future hall of fame teammates. On this Lakers team, who's his best teammate? Ingram? Kuzma?

His team is filled with players who are either too young, or too washed up to seriously compete, especially in the West. All hype regarding them is simply the Lakers being playoff relevant again. Celtics would annihilate this team in a playoff series.

I'm not sure he has a team-mate even as talented as kevin love right now.

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Another 1 year deal. It looks like the Lakers are fine with signing a team that will be... entertaining for a year and then making a run at contention. Which is ballsy since Lebron will turn 35 next season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2018, 01:40:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
If Lakers go to playoffs i be shock
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin