Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 50133 times)

Re: Mock Trade Dealine
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
For clarity’s sake, how are we handling no-trade clauses? Are we just going to have those players off-limits for trades, or should we do some sort of vote to see if the player would actually agree to be traded?

My opinion is for the guys with no-trade clauses in their actual contracts (LeBron and Carmelo), they should be unreadable.  For guys who can’t be traded without their permission because of the CBA, we could have a vote as to whether they should be available or not, perhaps with some sub-categorization.

Those players are:
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Nerlens Noel
Alex Len
Shabazz Muhammad
Nicola Mirotic
Otto Porter Jr.
Nick Collison
Udonis Haslem
Ersan Ilyasova
Javale McGee
Mike Muscala
Jason Terry
Zaza Pachulia
David West
Dante Cunningham

I’d set them into a few groups.  A few of these players have seemed to ask for trades:

McGee
Mirotic
Noel

Some are clearly not getting traded, because they are vets who took discounts to ring chase or finish their career with one team:

Durant
Dirk
Collison
Haslem
Pachulia
West

A couple are vets who would probably accept a trade to a better team than they are currently on:
Terry
Ilyasova

The rest are younger players whom I think wouldn’t veto if they were going to a place they could get a bigger role, but I’m not sure:

Porter
Len
Cunningham
Muhammad
Muscala

So in my opinion, that’s three players who will go anywhere, 6 who veto, two who go to contenders, and five who will go somewhere where they can likely get a chance to see more playing time to play for a contract or become a second option instead of 3rd or 4th (Porter).

Thoughts?

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Is it alright if I make the call (following the basic guideline above)? ^^^

Still need people for the Warriors, Lakers, and Nets.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:21:17 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

You’re the commissioner!

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »

• Paul Silas

You’re the commissioner!

Hopefully more Adam Silver than Roger Goodell

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

You’re the commissioner!

Let's get this going. I can take the Lakers as well. I'm sure someone else can take the Warriors.

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:13 PM »

• Paul Silas

You’re the commissioner!

Let's get this going. I can take the Lakers as well. I'm sure someone else can take the Warriors.

We already have someone taking the Lakers as a second team. I was trying to get 30 people, each with their own team.

I wanna give everyone a chance to start at the same time. If guys are at work right now, they won't have a chance to get in on any deals until they get back on the forum.

We will start no later than Tomorrow at 7 eastern, and you will have a week to make deals. Plenty of time.

We need someone to take the Warriors. Ideally we'd also get people to take the Nets and Lakers too, as currently some users have a 2nd team.

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2018, 04:21:27 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
ok fine

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »

• Paul Silas
saltlover, can you take the Warriors also?

Moderators, you can move this thread to Fantasy Draft Topics

Team rosters are now locked-in. Any actual NBA trades are not reflected in this mock trade deadline, unless all parties are in agreement.

You may begin negotiations now (since so many of you are chomping at the bit), but NO TRADES MAY BE FINALIZED OR ANNOUNCED UNTIL TOMORROW AT 7PMest.

Everyone needs to update the signature of their profile similar to mine. List your players and draft assets. If you are lazy, at least list a link to realgm for your draft assets, like I did. Once you finalize a trade, update your signature to reflect your team.

Use this forum to announce trades and/or rumors, but negotiate only through PMs! You must use an ESPN trade machine link to prove your trade is legit.

You may not trade a player you acquire during this mock trade game. If you don't want him, work a 3-team deal to send him elsewhere before you announce the trade.

TPs to anyone who uses fake ESPN headlines, WOJ tweets, or anything like that.

Let the negotiations begin!

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »

• Paul Silas
WOJ: Two teams that are willing to take on longer contracts for their expiring contracts are the Nets and the Jazz. Looking for assets or rotation players.

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2018, 05:24:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
saltlover, can you take the Warriors also?

Moderators, you can move this thread to Fantasy Draft Topics

Team rosters are now locked-in. Any actual NBA trades are not reflected in this mock trade deadline, unless all parties are in agreement.

You may begin negotiations now (since so many of you are chomping at the bit), but NO TRADES MAY BE FINALIZED OR ANNOUNCED UNTIL TOMORROW AT 7PMest.

Everyone needs to update the signature of their profile similar to mine. List your players and draft assets. If you are lazy, at least list a link to realgm for your draft assets, like I did. Once you finalize a trade, update your signature to reflect your team.

Use this forum to announce trades and/or rumors, but negotiate only through PMs! You must use an ESPN trade machine link to prove your trade is legit.

You may not trade a player you acquire during this mock trade game. If you don't want him, work a 3-team deal to send him elsewhere before you announce the trade.

TPs to anyone who uses fake ESPN headlines, WOJ tweets, or anything like that.

Let the negotiations begin!

Sure, I can take the Warriors.  Pels and Dubs aren’t looking to trade with each other.

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
WOJ: Sources tell ESPN that there is internal debate within the Pelicans organization whether to consider offers for both Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins.  The supporting cast has been decimated by injuries, and ownership is unhappy with results despite flirting with the luxury tax.  On the other hand, the coaching staff is adamant they can position this team for playoff success with one or two more healthy players.  It could go either way in the Big Easy, and their phone lines are open.

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Are you allowed to waive a player you traded for to free up the roster spot for another trade? 

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
We should also clarify some criteria for voting after the deadline ends. I think last time we just voted on who we thought did the best for their team, regardless if that was putting the team into current contention or setting them up for down the line.

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Are you allowed to waive a player you traded for to free up the roster spot for another trade?

It would make sense that you should be able to, although any team that does that with a player who has much guaranteed beyond this season won’t earn any “good trading” votes from me.

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Charania: I can verify the McMenamin report about the Cavs locker room not feeling capable of winning it all this season. There is significant concern that Lebron leaves for nothing this summer once again. While it's still most likely that the Cavs try to upgrade this current roster and give it one last shot to convince Lebron to stay, there is a general feeling around the league that the Cavs might hold a firesale if they can't find a deal that they feel will let them compete with the Warriors and convince James to stay. This includes shopping Lebron to certain select teams that he has expressed willingness to facilitate a trade to.