Author Topic: Bucks (3-2) at Celtics (4-1) 11/7  (Read 9367 times)

Re: Bucks (3-2) at Celtics (4-1) 11/7
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
the human victory cigar has now entered the game...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We are not sure what giddens can do just yet but L.R. Mbah a Moute could have been a more than decent pick at 30th.

Everyone said he is would be a decent player. Very fluid from what i seen thus far and in the celtics system would have been even better

not sure if danny thought about picking him up at 30th

nice win tonight

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
We are not sure what giddens can do just yet but L.R. Mbah a Moute could have been a more than decent pick at 30th.

Everyone said he is would be a decent player. Very fluid from what i seen thus far and in the celtics system would have been even better

nice win tonight

looks like there were a lot of better choices than giddens. that picked shocked me then and still baffles me; seems like a complete whiff, which is rare from danny. i wonder what the reasoning was behind that pick.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
if perk was a beast before, what is he now? or is he just growing into his beast title?

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Ok, Perk was just amazing in this game. Last year he was a solid backup playing next to a hall of famer. This year he's a legit starter maybe even an above average one at that.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 10:28:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
One of the keys to Perk's improvement is that he's managed to stay on the court a lot more.  His minutes are up.

He's definitely worked hard at his game though, and it shows.
Yup

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

nice win tonight

looks like there were a lot of better choices than giddens. that picked shocked me then and still baffles me; seems like a complete whiff, which is rare from danny. i wonder what the reasoning was behind that pick.

the fact that jr giddens isn't dressing is a good thing, we have a veteran team that is in SERIOUS contention. and the fact that we don't need him is also very good becuase he's gonna get plenty of time to develop. he has a good shot, monster athleticism, since his team attitude came into question in NM he has been a wonderful teammate. it's way too early to count the kid out.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 10:45:48 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i'm not impressed with giddens or pruitt...maybe these guys will become throw-ins for trades down the road.

this celtics team is a good team (and yes, i'll eat crow because they had me concerned after the first couple games) and they are 1 player away from being GREAT.

perk's play is very important because the celt's don't have a qualified backup at the 5 position.  nice win...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 02:51:54 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
if perk was a beast before, what is he now? or is he just growing into his beast title?

Henceforth, just call him "the Swatting Beast".

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 08:06:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ok, Perk was just amazing in this game. Last year he was a solid backup playing next to a hall of famer. This year he's a legit starter maybe even an above average one at that.
And as alluded to last night, he has the second longest tenure on the Celtics and is just 24 years old!! People have lauded Andrew Bynum because he had a double double average over 35 games and is just 20. Well, at 24 Perk is no old man and might just be establishing himself as one of the best, if not the best, defensive centers in the league. At 24 years old!

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 08:32:29 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I love how this game flowed. Reminded me of watching 80's basketball. There were lots of fast breaks, blocked shots, and steals. I wish more games were officiated like this one.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 09:04:16 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I love how this game flowed. Reminded me of watching 80's basketball. There were lots of fast breaks, blocked shots, and steals. I wish more games were officiated like this one.
TP Chief for your assessment of last night's game.I got that 80's feeling last night also and for the first time in a long time i wasnt ready to grab a ref thru the tube.

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Henceforth, just call him "the Swatting Beast".

The Beastly Blocker
Yup