Author Topic: FIBA Basketball 2023  (Read 14866 times)

Re: FIBA Basketball 2023
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2023, 10:13:07 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
So the quarters are set:

Lithuania v Serbia
USA v Italy

Germany v Latvia
Canada v Slovenia

Tough matchup for USA. Italy has been great so far.

This did not prove to be the case today.

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2023, 11:47:29 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
U.S. thrashed Italy 100-63. Bridges led all scorers with 24pts in just 18 mins of play.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2023, 06:10:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
U.S. thrashed Italy 100-63. Bridges led all scorers with 24pts in just 18 mins of play.

Caught most of the 2nd half, Bridges was unconscious.  Couldn't miss especially from 3.

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2023, 06:21:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I'm making money on this tournament.  I keep finding gambling lines that guarantee I win.  I mean not a ton of money for the size of bet, but I made guaranteed money on US game today (about 1%).  Put bet in 5 minutes before game so money was tied up for like 2 hours.  Had several bets earlier in tourney of a similar nature (made around 2% on those).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2023, 06:30:08 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I'm making money on this tournament.  I keep finding gambling lines that guarantee I win.  I mean not a ton of money for the size of bet, but I made guaranteed money on US game today (about 1%).  Put bet in 5 minutes before game so money was tied up for like 2 hours.  Had several bets earlier in tourney of a similar nature (made around 2% on those).

Are you referring to arbing? I have a friend that does this for a living. Only downside is if you only arb and use alt lines they eventually limit you down to like 10 dollar bets. Hope you crush it

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2023, 06:40:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Are you referring to arbing? I have a friend that does this for a living. Only downside is if you only arb and use alt lines they eventually limit you down to like 10 dollar bets. Hope you crush it
nope straight moneylines just at different sites.

I had Italy at +1450 and the US at -1350.  Obviously have to bet a lot to win not very much, but it is guaranteed and you get the points or credit for betting. One of the sites I've used for some of the bets also has early payout on every bet so it is in theory possible to win both and make a killing if the team you bet on that site goes up big early and then loses, you'd win both

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2023, 07:35:35 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

nope straight moneylines just at different sites.

I had Italy at +1450 and the US at -1350.  Obviously have to bet a lot to win not very much, but it is guaranteed and you get the points or credit for betting. One of the sites I've used for some of the bets also has early payout on every bet so it is in theory possible to win both and make a killing if the team you bet on that site goes up big early and then loses, you'd win both

Yeah this is what a lot of people call arbing. You can definitely make money doing this, but I would recommend finding ones that are for lower spreads cause they eventually will limit your max bets to 25 bucks over time if you keep doing it like this. There are times you can get like -220 +260 over the course of different seasons. And you can of course make more money on those games.

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2023, 08:20:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I bet enough and weird amounts, it should be fine.

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2023, 09:24:34 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Pulling for you to dominate mo.

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2023, 09:50:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I use those guarantee bets to do actual bets.  You get a free 5 dollars here, you can then bet that 5 dollars on long shots, big parlays, etc.  I'm mostly just having fun. Makes it more interesting. 

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2023, 11:07:18 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I use those guarantee bets to do actual bets.  You get a free 5 dollars here, you can then bet that 5 dollars on long shots, big parlays, etc.  I'm mostly just having fun. Makes it more interesting.

A cool thing about the fan duel app if you don’t use that is you can watch the non usa fiba games on there for free (I think you just have to have a dollar in your account). I watched the very entertaining Canada game on there the other day.

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2023, 02:15:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

A cool thing about the fan duel app if you don’t use that is you can watch the non usa fiba games on there for free (I think you just have to have a dollar in your account). I watched the very entertaining Canada game on there the other day.
several of my betting apps allow that. It is nice.

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2023, 02:17:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Canada advances to their first semi ever by beating Slovenia.  Doncic got ejected with about 6.5 minutes to go for arguing calls, but Slovenia was down 15 at the time so had little impact on the outcome.  Germany won earlier so it is US v. Germany and Serbia v. Canada.  US should win, but the Serbian/Canadian game is very interesting.

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2023, 06:51:28 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Canada advances to their first semi ever by beating Slovenia.  Doncic got ejected with about 6.5 minutes to go for arguing calls, but Slovenia was down 15 at the time so had little impact on the outcome.  Germany won earlier so it is US v. Germany and Serbia v. Canada.  US should win, but the Serbian/Canadian game is very interesting.

Dillon Brooks got ejected too and met his teammates in the tunnel after their win with a pair of boxing gloves  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2023, 08:30:53 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Serbia beat Canada 94-85, shot 62%
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D