Author Topic: Porzingis wants to see changes before committing long term to knicks  (Read 808 times)

Re: Porzingis wants to see changes before committing long term to knicks
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:33 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Pigs get slaughtered and the Knicks asking price for him was insanely high during the draft....which they blew when passing on Smith. I bet they stay very stupid and keep that high price tag on him right up until he walks as a UFA. That seems to be the Knicks MO and we saw how long they waited to trade Melo, even before Phil brought down his value.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247812/Kristaps-Porzingis-Needs-To-See-Changes-With-Knicks-Before-Committing-Long-Term

In other news, water is wet.

Pigs get slaughtered and the Knicks asking price for him was insanely high during the draft....which they blew when passing on Smith. I bet they stay very stupid and keep that high price tag on him right up until he walks as a UFA. That seems to be the Knicks MO and we saw how long they waited to trade Melo, even before Phil brought down his value.

Anyone who is foolish enough to believe anyone in KP's position would turn down their max contract is bonkers. Phil Jackson literally went from zen master to nut case. Throwing your Allstar player under the bus, and continously trying to trade him despite his continued efforts to want to stay, doesn't bode well, not to take into account how much of a discombulation of an franchise that Dolan runs should give you clear signs that the Knicks are going downwards. Signing Hardaway to that 84 million contract was another mistake...

And KP is an 16/7 kind of guy, and at the age of 22. Those don't come around easily either. Not on the trade value like AD, Giannis, KAT, etc; but he's pretty darn good.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He was asked a leading question, answered immediately and then came up with an answer which pretty much confirms he will sign the max extension next summer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip