Author Topic: Wiggins 1st college workout: "like watching a video game"  (Read 4170 times)

Re: Wiggins 1st college workout: "like watching a video game"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 04:11:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Welp, Wiggins will be our shining hope for most of the upcoming season, so we might as well get used to following him, and all of the other top prospects from next year's draft.

Even if we only have a 5% chance of actually getting him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Chicago had a 1% chance of getting rose lol

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 04:23:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That's a great case for an NBA fixed lottery 1% and he just so happens to stay home in CHI town. That's the Sh#t I don't like.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

That's a great case for an NBA fixed lottery 1% and he just so happens to stay home in CHI town. That's the Sh#t I don't like.

The decision between Beasley and Rose was a lot closer then than it was now. They were certainly 1A and 1B for most people leading up to the 2008 Draft.

The differences were largely mental, to the point where ESPN was motivated to write articles like this one:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?id=3452587

Where, after paragraphs of praising Rose's mental toughness and drive to win, they still felt the need to add the caveat:

The Bulls have a tough choice to make between Rose and Beasley. But the one thing they won't have to worry about if they choose Rose is his commitment to the game.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Welp, Wiggins will be our shining hope for most of the upcoming season, so we might as well get used to following him, and all of the other top prospects from next year's draft.

Even if we only have a 5% chance of actually getting him.
After every loss this year I will be watching any Wiggins highlight I can get my hands on.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19