Author Topic: Raptors got Marc Gasol  (Read 2381 times)

Re: Raptors got Marc Gasol
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 02:44:34 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
I could certainly see this actually hurting Toronto as well lol JV is much more athletic and at times given the C’s problems. Gasol is the all around better player though even at 34.

Gasol is better and provides much more spacing for Toronto on offense it might not move the needle right now, but in the playoffs Gasol is better.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
just wow

Philly got Harris
Bucks got Mirotic
Raptors got Gasol

playoffs is gonna be a bloodbath in the East

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Meh. I don’t think this helps them much. He’s really fallen off lately. TS% is around 50% The last few months. A healthy Valanciunas is a bigger problem for the Cs.

.541 actually. He can probably expect more open looks in Toronto as well.

Does he start? Interesting problem. Then either You have a very big lineup or Ibaka comes off the bench.

'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Meh. I don’t think this helps them much. He’s really fallen off lately. TS% is around 50% The last few months. A healthy Valanciunas is a bigger problem for the Cs.

Does he start? Interesting problem. Then either You have a very big lineup or Ibaka comes off the bench.

Ibaka off bench probably makes sense

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Ibaka off bench probably makes sense
That would be a mistake.  It would cause much more disruption than putting Gasol in JV's role off the bench and only starting Gasol when they would have started JV against teams like Sixers with Embiid.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 05:17:34 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
crunch time includes Gasol. WAtching their games, you can tell the other players don't like Ibaka a lot.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 05:17:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i thought he made too much money to go on a team like that

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 06:55:54 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
That was a huge pickup for Toronto. He's not the player of 4 or 5 years ago, but he has a bunch of skills that no center on that team possesses. He would have been perfect for us...if we were seriously contending for a ring.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 08:49:49 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'm not sure he's playing late in playoff games, except against Phili. Gasol is still one of the best post defenders in the league and is a great matchup for Embiid.

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 08:55:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
That was a huge pickup for Toronto. He's not the player of 4 or 5 years ago, but he has a bunch of skills that no center on that team possesses. He would have been perfect for us...if we were seriously contending for a ring.

::) We are seriously contending for a ring. But, sure, let's make a very shortsighted move and ruin our chances for AD this summer by trading for an over-the-hill Gasol that isn't going to be the difference with us getting a ring.