Author Topic: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21  (Read 34102 times)

Re: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21
« Reply #420 on: January 08, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
I would not trade Pritchard for Westbrooke ,  Westbrooke is overpaid as a nba player ,  he hurts his team unless he is actually scoring ....he does nothing else of value to add to team play  and entertain 8 year olds with high flying dunks .  Im not sure he actually understands basketball from a team concept or is capable of team ball .

I wouldn't either, Wesbrook's contract is horrific, while PP at $2M is one of the best deals in the league right now. Westbrook doesn't move the ball well enough and his FG% this year is 39.5%. He was the biggest reason OKC never won a chip.

He has always had these flaws, but he is a step slower now. Two years from now Washington is gong to have to pay him $47 Million Dollars. And Pritchard will likely be a straight-up better player by then. Yikes.

« Reply #421 on: January 08, 2021, 11:28:01 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
I definitely think Tacko's huge size advantage should be exploited more to get easy points at the rim. His hustle to get the put back was a great play. As was said earlier his team mates need to learn to feed him at the rim to accumulate points. No-one stands as tall as Tacko !

A lot of that is on him.  Several times tonight, Jaylen or Smart looked for him on a lob pass and it ended in a turnover because he wasn't looking for the ball.

That's just a chemistry thing.  He'll learn when to be ready for the ball.  On his first real night with the squad, things weren't going to be seamless.  I'm proud of him for helping us win tonight. 

« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2021, 11:34:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I definitely think Tacko's huge size advantage should be exploited more to get easy points at the rim. His hustle to get the put back was a great play. As was said earlier his team mates need to learn to feed him at the rim to accumulate points. No-one stands as tall as Tacko !

A lot of that is on him.  Several times tonight, Jaylen or Smart looked for him on a lob pass and it ended in a turnover because he wasn't looking for the ball.

That's just a chemistry thing.  He'll learn when to be ready for the ball.  On his first real night with the squad, things weren't going to be seamless.  I'm proud of him for helping us win tonight.
Blame Edwards and Waters for never looking for him to score easy baskets.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2021, 11:41:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the Tacko praise is fine and all but let's keep things in perspective.  Washington doesn't have a top center for him to contend with and he was much more effective in the first half before Wash figured him out in the second half.

He had a very good game by Tacko standards.  made a definite contribution on the floor tonight.  would love to see him build on this and become a legit NBA-caliber big man but I'm not banking on it.

« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2021, 11:50:45 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Uh, they fed him dunks all day long in Maine.

« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2021, 11:53:45 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

They never did it whenever they played with Tacko in actual NBA games.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #426 on: January 08, 2021, 11:53:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
the Tacko praise is fine and all but let's keep things in perspective.  Washington doesn't have a top center for him to contend with and he was much more effective in the first half before Wash figured him out in the second half.

He had a very good game by Tacko standards.  made a definite contribution on the floor tonight.  would love to see him build on this and become a legit NBA-caliber big man but I'm not banking on it.

Well Sunday we're going to need him again against Bam and the Heat, so we'll see how he holds up against them.

« Reply #427 on: January 09, 2021, 12:28:14 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Fair enough. Those 3rd-string platoons at the end of games are just horrible in general, though. Agree they could have used their time together to formulate a more cohesive attack. If they played well as a unit it would work to all their benefit. But that lack of perspective is part of the reason they don't get off the bench much.

« Reply #428 on: January 09, 2021, 12:39:41 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
How many games have the Cs won in a row?

if you dont count the games they lost.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #429 on: January 09, 2021, 01:00:39 AM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I would not trade Pritchard for Westbrooke ,  Westbrooke is overpaid as a nba player ,  he hurts his team unless he is actually scoring ....he does nothing else of value to add to team play  and entertain 8 year olds with high flying dunks .  Im not sure he actually understands basketball from a team concept or is capable of team ball .

Same can be said of Beal who doesn't look to include teammates or play defense. At least Westbrook always gives maximum effort, something you can respect.

As for Washington, unless something changes, they're going to ruin Hachimura and Avdija, two what should be cornerstone building blocks.

« Reply #430 on: January 09, 2021, 08:16:55 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

thats right , in practice he plays against them as a defender and not much as an offense unit.   He needs tons more reps and spend time on the court with the starters to get a more comfortable feel for the offensive flow .  Its harder for him to get the right position than the G league .  He still seems too careful not to hurt little people ..LOL ..  more than one person has hit the floor from a stray Tacko enormous elbow drop to their heads.

« Reply #431 on: January 09, 2021, 08:21:12 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
what can a smart theis package get us?

Might as well as nesmith. Brad refuses to play him evem a single minute.

Smart, Theis and Nesmith should net a very good player in return.

I agree. If we're looking to making a trade, these are the guys to go.
Beal would be a nice get  ;D

« Reply #432 on: January 09, 2021, 08:35:57 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Well Sunday we're going to need him again against Bam and the Heat, so we'll see how he holds up against them.
hoping he can hold his own.  I think Bam pushes him around and runs him ragged but would love to be wrong.

« Reply #433 on: January 09, 2021, 09:53:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Fair enough. Those 3rd-string platoons at the end of games are just horrible in general, though. Agree they could have used their time together to formulate a more cohesive attack. If they played well as a unit it would work to all their benefit. But that lack of perspective is part of the reason they don't get off the bench much.
Oh absolutely, but it's infuriating to see them get 5-10 minutes in blowouts and use most of them ignoring Tacko when he establishes good post position against a much smaller defender. But yeah they're third stringers for a reason lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #434 on: January 09, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

hoping he can hold his own.  I think Bam pushes him around and runs him ragged but would love to be wrong.
I'd try to play Theis as many minutes as he can handle (36-40 would be ideal) and have Tacko fill in the rest of the minutes as a human wall or foul machine depending on the situation. Do think that Tacko can have some success against Bam if he can stand under the rim in the halfcourt when guarding him, Bam can't shoot so he'll be pretty much forced to challenge Tacko directly if Tacko sags off of him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA