Author Topic: Do holidays bum people out?  (Read 5604 times)

Re: Do holidays bum people out?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 07:19:54 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
It has since moving from California. Had good friends there who used to celebrate all holidays with and that was awesome.

All of my family is out East and my own situation is complicated but no holiday celebrations in new home for many years now. I try and pretend it is just another day. Will continue watching my new favorite show now, Ray Donovan! Into season 3 now....shocked how good it is so far.

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 07:39:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It has since moving from California. Had good friends there who used to celebrate all holidays with and that was awesome.

All of my family is out East and my own situation is complicated but no holiday celebrations in new home for many years now. I try and pretend it is just another day. Will continue watching my new favorite show now, Ray Donovan! Into season 3 now....shocked how good it is so far.

If you have Netflix, Bird Box is a solid movie.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I am with you, clay. The holidays are surrounded by loss for me, and ongoing issues that immediate family members are struggling with.  Becoming more distant over time is sad.  I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much.  But know that we are just a few keystrokes away - you're a great member of our community and one of my favorite posters to read.

I nominate Celtics Clay for the next random Celtic talk with Larbrd. Anyway happy Holidays and we got your back if you ever need us.

This is a great idea.

Thanks for the kind words tars. I appreciate it and send them back to you. I wouldn’t be opposed to chatting with Ned on the podcast, we’ve been exchanging messages for many years at this point

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I have a feeling this is a more common thing than most people publicly speak about. I’m 35 years old and my whole family has passed away except for my brother. I’ll be darned if I don’t find the whole thing quite depressing. On one Hand I’m thankful I have a lot of friends that send me cards for the holidays. The flip side is getting smiling pictures of smiling couples and babies can feel like a reminder of things you don’t have in life. What are others thoughts? Tps in advance for all

No doubt about it Clay. Christmas actually started out as just a big drunken celebration in the woods to ward off winter depression.

We eventually turned it into an economic game where if you don't buy people cheap plastic crap you don't love them.

Supplement vitamin D. The depression vitamin that everybody doesn't get enough of this time of year. Castor oil packs help me sleep and boost immune function.

Most of All I'll speak for myself and hopefully others when I say I consider you a brother after all these years. Larbrd is right some of us should contact each other.

I nominate Celtics Clay for the next random Celtic talk with Larbrd. Anyway happy Holidays and we got your back if you ever need us.  Love you brother. Merry Christmas.

Thank you brothers I appreciate the kind words and feel the same. It was also
Great hearing your voice on the podcast after all these years also

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is well documented that people have more issues during the holidays.  Merry Christmas to all in this thread.

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2018, 11:17:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
It is well documented that people have more issues during the holidays.  Merry Christmas to all in this thread.
true. but christmas can be experienced differently by different people, as may be seen below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzO1ghRKp4

the part with the squirrels is especially cute.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2018, 04:28:53 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I am with you, clay. The holidays are surrounded by loss for me, and ongoing issues that immediate family members are struggling with.  Becoming more distant over time is sad.  I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much.  But know that we are just a few keystrokes away - you're a great member of our community and one of my favorite posters to read.

I nominate Celtics Clay for the next random Celtic talk with Larbrd. Anyway happy Holidays and we got your back if you ever need us.

This is a great idea.

Thanks for the kind words tars. I appreciate it and send them back to you. I wouldn’t be opposed to chatting with Ned on the podcast, we’ve been exchanging messages for many years at this point
Just saw this man.  I actually just sent you both Merry Christmas PMs before even clicking into this page.  I don't keep a watchful eye on all the threads here these days and almost missed this.  I usually only stop by here when someone sends me a direct message and I log in to respond.

Hope you and everyone else here is doing alright.   

The Holidays are a mixed bag for me.  There's things about it I love.  There's things about it that are difficult.  I hope everyone can find some brightness in it.  Personally, I have a complicated relationship with my immediate family and have spent the past several holidays either with friends or with my wife's relatives.  Even if that's not an option, hopefully people can enjoy the day to kick back and relax.  At the very least, I hope everyone has the day off and can spend the day lounging in their underwear watching some hoop.   There's nationally televised games all day tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:34:15 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 08:41:08 AM »

Offline camW00dS

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • hi there
They don't bum out personally me, just because i don't usually celebrate. I also like all of that holiday mood on the streets

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 09:41:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Yes, they do bum some people out.
Memphis is certainly unhappy that Justin Holiday (soon to be 30) looks like an overpay for two 2nd rounders.
Even more so since they are about to enter the rebuilding phase.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 09:51:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
old people die off by the zillions Jan -April .  So , its a funeral every other week.

and i always get a dang cold.   Our whole state was pink on the health map for flu few weeks ago .  Worst in USA by far. 

i guess if i lived in some colder state like Northern Minn , Maine.  ets , where germs don't thrive i d do better . 

but i hate cold weather  ;D