Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 702762 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
In the night, I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told. Somewhere far along this road, he lost his soul to a woman so heartless..

Oh god. LOL. Who else thinks Kanye going pop was a bad idea?

Haven't heard it yet is it really that bad??? I'm pretty disappointed if it is
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
In the night, I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told. Somewhere far along this road, he lost his soul to a woman so heartless..

I think it's bad. The auto-tune sounds horrible. I gave the CD to my friend. I hope this is a one time thing. But other people might think different. I'm just not the type of person that would listen to that poppy auto-tune crap. Definitely not as good as his last 3 albums. College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation were all great albums. This one was just garbage. IMO.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

• Don Chaney

I think it's bad. The auto-tune sounds horrible. I gave the CD to my friend. I hope this is a one time thing. But other people might think different. I'm just not the type of person that would listen to that poppy auto-tune crap. Definitely not as good as his last 3 albums. College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation were all great albums. This one was just garbage. IMO.

The Higher Education Trilogy was fantastic... this one worried me for the exact reasons you are saying you don't like it... I understand an artist's need to branch out but don't do it in spite of what makes you good. I'll most likely pass thanks for the heads up.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2008, 10:22:51 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

The Higher Education Trilogy was fantastic... this one worried me for the exact reasons you are saying you don't like it... I understand an artist's need to branch out but don't do it in spite of what makes you good. I'll most likely pass thanks for the heads up.

Yeah. I hope for his next album he will go back to rapping. I'm going to bring Kanye's album back to Wal-Mart and exchange it for Ludacris' new album 'Theater Of Mind'. If they allow me to exchange it. One of my co-worker told me Luda's new album is just as good as his last one, 'Release Therapy', that won a grammy for best rap album.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Yeah. I hope for his next album he will go back to rapping. I'm going to bring Kanye's album back to Wal-Mart and exchange it for Ludacris' new album 'Theater Of Mind'. If they allow me to exchange it. One of my co-worker told me Luda's new album is just as good as his last one, 'Release Therapy', that won a grammy for best rap album.

Credit where it's due. he's pushed the boundaries and it's a great album. The lyrics are meaningful, the beats are original and the auto-tune isn't overused as much as I thought it would be. Personally, I love the album.

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Is it wrong that whenever I babysit my little brothers and sister around Christmas time that I only let them watch the muppet christmas carol because it's an awesome movie and i don't want to watch the wiggles/ whatever crappy kids show is doing a xmas special?

Totally fine.  Poop on the Wiggles.  My girls are 6 & 3 and have lived a happy life with zero Wiggles. 

They don't have a Christmas special, but give the Backyardigans a whirl.  Good stuff.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:43:56 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Is it wrong that whenever I babysit my little brothers and sister around Christmas time that I only let them watch the muppet christmas carol because it's an awesome movie and i don't want to watch the wiggles/ whatever crappy kids show is doing a xmas special?

Wrong???  Man, you are to be praised!!  A early holiday TP to you Bob Cratchit.

I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2008, 04:56:43 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the E-D-I-T...RE to the PORT to the DOT to the COM...

wow!  TP

see Andy, I don't hate you!   ;)
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
but give the Backyardigans a whirl.  Good stuff.

we're your backyard friends, the backyardigans ;)

my son loves them.  they got catchy songs.  i find myself singing them in the car or at work when alone....kind of disturbing and "un-sith-like", i know
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:57:15 PM by dark_lord »

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
but give the Backyardigans a whirl.  Good stuff.

we're your backyard friends, the backyardigans ;)

my son loves them.  they got catchy songs.  i find myself singing them in the car or at work when alone....kind of disturbing and "un-sith-like", i know

The attention to detail in the graphics and dance routines etc is pretty impressive
Yup

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2008, 08:42:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Just finished watching "Muppets in Space" with the girls - released in 1999.  If I didn't no better I'd say Men In Black took a lot of its pieces from this movie...I'm serious.

Some pretty funny cameos. 
Yup

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »

• Don Chaney
Whos CROTOR?

CROTOR is none other then Lamont Cranston, wealthy man about town.

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2008, 11:15:17 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Whos CROTOR?

CROTOR is none other then Lamont Cranston, wealthy man about town.

I need proves!! ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »

• Don Chaney
Evian water is the greatest drink in the universe.

Beer would like to respectfully disagree.

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Evian water is the greatest drink in the universe.

Beer would like to respectfully disagree.

Beer is a no-brainer. But Evian, or water in general, doesn't get the love it deserves. Put it this way, we can't survive without water. And Evian does the best job of supplying it. If I was rich, I'd bathe in it.