Author Topic: Beware: Jeff Green next season  (Read 2757 times)

Beware: Jeff Green next season
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:59:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I'm warning you all. Jeff Green (,under the assumption that he remains on the team past this offseason... but I suppose it will still apply on another team) he will have an extremely subpar start to the season. I do not expect him to have consistent scoring, consistent defense, consistent rebounding, or anything for the first few months until at least December. It's been a trend throughout his entire career that as the season progresses, he gets better.

Don't act shocked and beg for a trade when you see him averaging 20% on three-pointers or three rebounds a game... he will improve, undoubtedly. Jeff Green is a Celtic and (if we make the Playoffs next season, and he is still on the team) he will dominate the postseason. He'll have his fair share of 28-point games and will seem like a superstar until early 2014-2015 where "we" start regretting everything again!

Yeah!!
Harharhargrhg!
Blagh!
Mhgumguugmhmgu!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Beware: Jeff Green next season
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hahaha. This post was great. Built in defense if Green is terrible to start the season: "Shhh! He's not done yet. Give him another 2-3 months on low heat and he'll be perfect! History!!"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i expect more from green..
first full season with the C's.
he did well
he has shown a spark of greatness

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
This is a terrible prediction. Is he having surgery again? No, he ended the season hot and after a full training camp he will be 16ppg minimum and look just as confident.

Yawn. Stop taking Jeff Green under your wing on the forums like he's your younger brother or something