Author Topic: The Two Gift-wrapped 1sts and Whether They Help Chris Wallace Sleep at Night  (Read 4819 times)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Wallace and Danny Ainge made another trade in the near future.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kind of harsh to point to the Pau Gasol trade the way you did. In the end, it turned into a very fair if not really good trade getting back Mark Gasol. People panned that trade at the time but it ended up being a good trade for Memphis. Yeah, it sucked that it made Lal title contender and winner, but still a good trade.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
With the Clippers locking up a playoff berth, this 1st rounder is now guaranteed to convey to Boston this year (currently projected #22)

You know there was a guest on your podcast that said the Clippers would make the playoffs even after the Tobias Harris trade.   ;)
I kept that in mind and brought you up in a thread on reddit recently.  You were right about Doc Rivers and the Clippers.  You were right to bring up his Orlando days and not count out his ability to pull a Brad Stevens and do more with less.  Tommy Point. 

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It looks like we will end up with the 9th and the 14th pick and two other first round picks.

That is pretty amazing and exciting. I hope we don't trade them all for a one year Davis rental.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It looks like we will end up with the 9th and the 14th pick and two other first round picks.

That is pretty amazing and exciting. I hope we don't trade them all for a one year Davis rental.
Too bad everyone says this draft is trash.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

From the mock drafts that I've seen, there's some pretty good players between 1-12 and then a considerable drop-off.

But you always have those hidden gems later in the draft which is why alot of times the draft is a crap shoot.

I will say though, this draft isn't as top heavy as I originally thought. At first, I thought it was Zion/Morant/Barrett or bust but the guys projected to go 4-12 seem pretty impressive. And I am still very intrigued with Bol Bol and think he's worth taking a gamble on with either the Sacramento pick or our 1st rounder, if he's still available.

**Just looked up Yahoo's most recent mock draft as of 8 hours ago and our pick comes before the Clippers pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nba-mock-draft-10-whos-getting-picked-after-zion-williamson-164037876.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:38:32 PM by gpap »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Who is "everyone?"

From what I have seen, the players coming out of college these days are bigger, stronger, and more athletic and skilled than players in the past.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Who is "everyone?"

From what I have seen, the players coming out of college these days are bigger, stronger, and more athletic and skilled than players in the past.
Seems a lot of well connected reporters are saying that NBA GMs are telling them they think this draft is weak after the top 2-3 players.

For me, this is a two player draft...Zion and Morant. After that, it's a crapshoot. Even names like Reddish, Barrett, Porter, Bol, Culver, Little etc., have huge holes in their games with multiple red flags.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Who is "everyone?"

Seems a lot of well connected reporters are saying that NBA GMs are telling them they think this draft is weak after the top 2-3 players.

For me, this is a two player draft...Zion and Morant. After that, it's a crapshoot. Even names like Reddish, Barrett, Porter, Bol, Culver, Little etc., have huge holes in their games with multiple red flags.

There are a lot of nice players, and we have four picks in the top 22 players.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Who is "everyone?"

There are a lot of nice players, and we have four picks in the top 22 players.
there’s often diamonds in the rough so maybe we will get lucky.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I call BS on the bigger part, I think there were more bigs in the past, because there was no there and great centers were sought after.  In the 70s and 80s there sure seemed to be more 7 footers than today whereas you have a lot more 6'9" guys playing the post today or the w/shoes on, measurement.