Author Topic: Are we giving up on KO and/or Sully yet?  (Read 4876 times)

Re: Are we giving up on KO and/or Sully yet?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
What is "giving up" anyway? Trading them away for negligible assets? In that case, we most certainly should not give up on them.

But if you mean giving up on hoping that they suddenly blossom into all-stars, yeah, that's probably something we should do.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 01:23:12 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Sully has Barkley-esque skills.  Round Mound of Rebound, plus scoring.  That's nothing to give up on easily.

Isn;t saying that Sully has Barkley-esque skills kinda like saying Jose Calderon has Stockton-esque skills, or saying Tyreke Evans has Oscar-Robinson-esque skills?

From what I remember Barkley was basically a Shaquille Oneal / Larry Johnson / Dennis Rodman Hybrid minus the defense.  Even after subtracting the defense...that's one scary guy.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:35:43 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 12:11:31 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Sully has Barkley-esque skills.  Round Mound of Rebound, plus scoring.  That's nothing to give up on easily.

Isn;t saying that Sully has Barkley-esque skills kinda like saying Jose Calderon has Stockton-esque skills, or saying Tyreke Evans has Oscar-Robinson-esque skills?

From what I remember Barkley was basically a Shaquille Oneal / Larry Johnson / Dennis Rodman Hybrid minus the defense.  Even after subtracting the defense...that's one scary guy.

I'm all about the exaggerated comparisons so I like the Chuck one.

I still think the biggest factor with these guys is what they are/ can be. I think Sully can still be better (I don't think he's hit his real ceiling, just at this weight/mind set) and really be a 20/10 threat from deep. I think KO pretty much is who is now. With more minutes (30+) his stats will look much better. He is also the better passer (Sully's not bad though) and higher bb IQ.

I'm picking KO right now but I want to pick Sully. His game was exactly the same as last year in almost every way which is not a good sign but he HAS the potential. The mindset and determination is another thing. 
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)