Author Topic: Boogie Cousins: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 6 fouls in 15 minutes  (Read 4011 times)

Re: Boogie Cousins: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 6 fouls in 15 minutes
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2019, 03:12:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If DMC is healthy, Golden State is unstoppable.

I mean, sure, if we ignore Cousins’ entire behavioral history in the NBA and the fact that he is looking to show that he is healthy and deserving of another big contract.

Do people really see Cousins being satisfied with the substantially fewer touches and less usage/playing time that he’ll have with this team? I don’t think so, and while he helps some lineups he’s in, with Golden State’s style he actively hurts others.

Further, I still don’t buy a guy of his size and with his mobility doesn’t lose a step with that kind of injury.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 03:12:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Daily reminder that Ainge wanted cousins, and that cousins choose warriors over Celtics
Not exactly true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2018/07/02/report-demarcus-cousins-chose-warriors-over-celtics/emxPsFPZ00VmulbwMUqWTM/amp.html

.Free agent big man DeMarcus Cousins stunned the NBA world on Monday night when he agreed to a one-year, $5.3 million deal with the world champion Golden State Warriors, bolstering the historically talented lineup with yet another All-Star. But there may have been a possibility for a big splash in Boston instead. ESPN reported on Monday night that Cousins chose the Warriors over the Celtics, although Boston’s interest in him remains unclear.

On Tuesday morning, a league source said that the Celtics never offered Cousins a contract. When Boston’s brass got wind that Cousins might have some interest in joining the Celtics, the source said, they reached out to Cousins’s representatives to gauge it. But by that time, they were told he had already decided to join Golden State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Boston’s interest in Cousins had been rumored over the years, although after Cousins was traded to the Pelicans from the Kings in February 2017, league sources told the Globe that the team did not have interest in acquiring him then, primarily because of concerns that he was not coachable and that he often gave a limited effort. Perhaps that stance softened in the 18 months since. One league source said that Monday’s situation was quite different, because the price had dropped considerably and Boston would not have needed to surrender any assets to acquire the six-time All-Star.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 03:43:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i figure Lebum will get another star to join him next year AND add Cousins too.

Le Bum has to set it all up and make it happen next year , he is running out of years fast 

LeBum , Cousins and Leonard will be THE Lakers next year   minus .....some of Ball , Ingram or Hart

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I think it would be worth making the finals, even if there were no hope of beating the warriors.

Making the finals once gets you experience that will be valuable in getting there again. Two to three years from now the warriors won't be unstoppable. Maybe even next year they won't be unstoppable.

But, the way the season has gone so far, the warriors are irrelevant because the Celts will have a really hard time just getting past the sixers, bucks, pacers, and raps.

Yep, all this.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think the 6 fouls is actually an indication of what will be a big time problem for Boogie. I was watching ESPN yesterday and they were showing some numbers, and according to them GSW switch on PnR’s 40% of the time.
However, when Boogie was in New Orleans, he only switched 3% of the time, because of how bad his lateral quickness and perimeter defence is.
Now he’s coming off a ruptured achilles, so he ain’t getting faster.

I think teams, especially Houston, will really try and abuse that and foul him out quickly. It’s a small flaw, but a chink in the armour nonetheless, because their depth is already bad as it is.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 05:03:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think it would be worth making the finals, even if there were no hope of beating the warriors.

Making the finals once gets you experience that will be valuable in getting there again. Two to three years from now the warriors won't be unstoppable. Maybe even next year they won't be unstoppable.

But, the way the season has gone so far, the warriors are irrelevant because the Celts will have a really hard time just getting past the sixers, bucks, pacers, and raps.

Or beat the team and stop acting like the series is already decided.