Author Topic: Guershon Yabusele  (Read 18262 times)

Re: Guershon Yabusele
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2018, 09:02:32 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Yabu needs to shed 15-20 lbs, work on conditioning and leaping, find a coach who can teach him the offense and rotationa, get a better handle, and work on in-game shooting situations...

So yeah, pretty much everything... 😬

« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2018, 09:23:58 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
God bless Tomasz Kordylewski.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdEfXaqf1_Y

Obviously a highlight package is just that but I think there is real NBA talent there. Yes, sometimes Yabu looks like a kid that lost his parents at the mall but he's a rookie, JR Smith still looks like that and he's 32.

If Yabu can adjust to the speed of the game, mentally, his quickness and soft hands coupled with his strength and length will make him, at the least, a valuable rotation player in the NBA. The mental stuff will be his hurdle.
Did we really need to see a 5 1/2 min video of Yabusele shooting threes? I mean, this is by far his best skill, and he only made 32% on three pointers last season.

Let's face it, 6'7 PFs that move as if they're 7'7 and play as if they're 5'7 are not really destined for great NBA careers.

That's true. That's also a grossly inaccurate description of Yabusele.
Of course it is. What do you expect from CB when a rookie doesn’t perform up to their weird unrealistic standards?
Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Cs fans have reason for not believing every player the Celtics draft aren't that good. Yabusele showed as much in his rookie season as most if not all of these guys.

Draft slot isn’t everything, but Yabu was drafted higher than all these guys, way higher than all but Young really. He was also a teenager at the time, not a college junior or older like half these guys. Comparing him to Lester Hudson just doesn’t really make sense.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Obviously a highlight package is just that but I think there is real NBA talent there. Yes, sometimes Yabu looks like a kid that lost his parents at the mall but he's a rookie, JR Smith still looks like that and he's 32.

If Yabu can adjust to the speed of the game, mentally, his quickness and soft hands coupled with his strength and length will make him, at the least, a valuable rotation player in the NBA. The mental stuff will be his hurdle.
Did we really need to see a 5 1/2 min video of Yabusele shooting threes? I mean, this is by far his best skill, and he only made 32% on three pointers last season.

Let's face it, 6'7 PFs that move as if they're 7'7 and play as if they're 5'7 are not really destined for great NBA careers.

Of course it is. What do you expect from CB when a rookie doesn’t perform up to their weird unrealistic standards?
Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Cs fans have reason for not believing every player the Celtics draft aren't that good. Yabusele showed as much in his rookie season as most if not all of these guys.

Draft slot isn’t everything, but Yabu was drafted higher than all these guys, way higher than all but Young really. He was also a teenager at the time, not a college junior or older like half these guys. Comparing him to Lester Hudson just doesn’t really make sense.

Heck, Phil Pressey wasn’t even drafted!

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2018, 09:28:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Considering he showed me as much in his first year as any of those guys, it sure seems like a fair comparison to me.

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yabusele showed as much in his rookie season as most if not all of these guys.

That is not saying much.

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Considering he showed me as much in his first year as any of those guys, it sure seems like a fair comparison to me.

All of whom looked better than rookie Avery Bradley.

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Yup, and Rozier looked pretty awful his rookie year too. Not saying Yabu couldn't break out and be someone just that Celtics fans have seen a lot of rookies that suck their rookie years and thats why many aren't willing to have a lot of faith in Yabusele. They have seen rookie suckitude that became nothing a lot. So its not surprising if a bunch of people see what Yabu has done and doesn't have faith he will turn it around.

I hope Yabusele makes major progress and becomes a heck of a player. But unlike Bradley who was one of the best high schoolers coming out the year before he came out, Tatum and Brown who were top of the draft talents and Rozier who showed amazing growth between his freshman and sophomore seasons and became one of the better college players his last year, Yabusele has no such pedigree....much like the players I listed.

I have more faith in Ojeleye becoming a top rotation player for this team than I do Yabusele.

« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2018, 10:05:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

So really, all we can gather is that it's too early to judge Yabu
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2018, 10:16:50 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Exactly. And as LarBrd showed, he’s right there in stats, age and draft slot with AB and Rozier. Both much better comps for Yabu based on those things than Lester Hudson.

I’m not sure what to expect of Yabu, but I know I haven’t gotten enough of a look.

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2018, 10:29:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Exactly. And as LarBrd showed, he’s right there in stats, age and draft slot with AB and Rozier. Both much better comps for Yabu based on those things than Lester Hudson.

I’m not sure what to expect of Yabu, but I know I haven’t gotten enough of a look.
Take a look at the stat comps of AB and Rozier that Larbrd put out and take a look at the stats from G League and NBA their first years for players like Hunter, Jordan, Young, Melo, and others I mentioned. Really little difference. The difference is how they develop their second year. If Yabu has a big developmental year this year with a big leap forward, yeah, then he is more like AB and Rozier. If not, I expect him to be just like the others I have listed.

Unfortunately, Yabusele doesn't have long to prove he has "it", because if he doesn't show it next year, the year after the Cs are replacing him with one of their very many draft picks, and Yabu will be gone.

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

You mean, the guy who was already the best all around/pure point guard on our team at the time of his drafting, LOL? ;) ;D #NotExactlyMyFinestHour *facepalm*

On a slightly more serious note ;D, you should probably also add Ben Bentil to that list. Sigh :-\.

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2018, 10:45:52 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Dood ;D, AB's was a completely different case.

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2018, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Dood ;D, AB's was a completely different case.
yeah, more like rozier's.....wait a minute.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:44 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Take a look at the stat comps of AB and Rozier that Larbrd put out and take a look at the stats from G League and NBA their first years for players like Hunter, Jordan, Young, Melo, and others I mentioned. Really little difference. The difference is how they develop their second year. If Yabu has a big developmental year this year with a big leap forward, yeah, then he is more like AB and Rozier. If not, I expect him to be just like the others I have listed.

Unfortunately, Yabusele doesn't have long to prove he has "it", because if he doesn't show it next year, the year after the Cs are replacing him with one of their very many draft picks, and Yabu will be gone.

Obviously I agree about the second year. I simply said it doesn’t make sense to compare a large physical teenage freak from France nearly drafted in the lottery to a tiny guard and college senior drafted outside the top 55. No one who is paid to think basketball would compare them.

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
People wanted Rozier to be shipped out even in his sophomore year. Patience.