Author Topic: Popularity of Celtics Blog Forum?  (Read 15021 times)

Re: Popularity of Celtics Blog Forum?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
start a new thread about Joel Embiid, that will bring them all back in a hurry.

How many posts would it take to identify them? Maybe 1-2, based on writing styles/phrases and opinions
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:02:55 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Hopefully this is a short-lived 'vacation,' those guys bring a lot of great debate to the boards when they stay within the rules.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:18 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I personally haven't found another forum (celtics or not) that is anywhere near the quality of of celtics blog for any other team / sport I follow.  The admin / mods here do a fantastic job.  I hope if anyone got a recent timeout that they are back soon.  People are going to disagree, hopefully everyone can still contribute.  This is one of my top 10 go to sites on the web.

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 09:13:57 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I personally haven't found another forum (celtics or not) that is anywhere near the quality of of celtics blog for any other team / sport I follow.  The admin / mods here do a fantastic job.  I hope if anyone got a recent timeout that they are back soon.  People are going to disagree, hopefully everyone can still contribute.  This is one of my top 10 go to sites on the web.

This. I come here and almost always get responses. Great info and some quality characters.  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
In all honesty, I  am  on CelticsBlog about 4-5 times a day in spurts of 20 minutes. I am usually reading peoples opinions more then writing to gauge if some of the veteran posters share similar ideas and opinions as me.

I don't think you'll find many blogs that have posters with in-depth knowledge of how the salary cap really works. Also, when one is corrected here, he shows appreciation and doesn't start issues or troll the forums

I HAD NO CLUE BOUT : Bird Rights, Mid-Level Exceptions, Trade Exceptions, Stretch provisions if it wasn't for some of these daily posters (too many to name).

I honestly can say I've jumped from being a main stream NBA fan  to knowing how the system works BUT the BIGGEST thing I learned in this forum is how to have Celtics Pride. And I THANK ALL posters old and new for that. and to top it off, im only 24 and from NYC. NO CELTICS FANS OVER HERE! YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY LIKE A SECOND FAMILY ON MY OFF TIME!!!

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 09:47:17 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Yeah I did a "research project" when I was sick one day of just going out of my way to find other sites that are anywhere near as good as this and came up empty handed.  The one thing that really was crazy was that almost none of them had forums like this, they were just comment sections after articles.  There are a couple other decent ones (Posting and Toasting - Knicks is great), but nothing even comes close.  Even the subReddits for different teams are all basically ghost towns, although r/NBA is ok.  Still, I love this forum, it's really really really well done.

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
where can I find the embiid thread lol

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 10:41:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Don't worry guys, I'm still here. The blog is in safe hands.

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Where are DarkLord and Bob Day...? now those are the real OGs. Mad respect.

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 11:49:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

This. I come here and almost always get responses. Great info and some quality characters.  ;D

same, i probably don't even like the celtics more than the red sox or patriots, but i don't follow forums for those teams. I just got addicted here. Its also nice that is fan friendly enough that I can pull it up for work.

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 11:59:25 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I can't believe I used the phrase "suspended leave of absence" in my first post in this thread  ::)

But yeah, Celticsblog is far and away the best sports forum I've ever seen, and it's the only one I use. I was a huge lurker here for a few years, and I never even intended to create an account, as sports forums are usually crazy and unintelligible. But eventually I knew I needed to be a part of the banter about my favorite team. This place really does suck you in. It's reached a point where I'll read an alert on my phone and think, "Oh gosh, I bet Larbrd/BeatLA/Dos/RoyH/etc. is really happy/sad/having a field day/angry/etc. right now."