Author Topic: Thanks Celtics blog!  (Read 7288 times)

Thanks Celtics blog!
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
This ones for the true Celtic fans, who have always been fans, and didn't just join the bandwagon as the Celts got good...

I am so glad I found this site before the KG/Allen era, in a way I actually kinda miss having the celts putting together crappy teams, because it was fun to blindly believe in a team that had no shot of winning... it was kinda like hoping the red sox would win every year before they actually won it... But don't take me wrong, I'd take the championship over it... so I just wanted to say thanks to all the staff at Celtics blog, for giving me something to read about the Celts, when the were so bad that it was impossible to find anything to read up on the past flawed Celts teams of the past... Celtics blog is especially important because I know I can always find true celts fans here!

Lets give this administration the thanks they deserve,
- Munjal

Re: Thanks Celtics blog!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Wait a second you registered July 30, 2007, 08:07:58 PM... You must be one of those bandwagon fans?  ;D

In all seriousness though Celticsblog is the best site for Celtics fans on the Internet. ;)
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 02:57:25 PM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
hah, I know I know, I actually read celtics blog for like 2 years before I actually registered, I guess I never had much to add until that date... hah, but naw, I remember the old days with Mercer, Billups, and Joe Forte, not to mention Kedrick Brown... WOW, how did I ever support that team... prolly just cuz I was a young ignorant fan, who believed in the kids... but hey look where that got us now... It's fans like us that kept this franchise running...

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 03:04:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm sure I speak on behalf of the entire staff when I say, thanks, it's much appreciated.  This place wouldn't exist without the many, many great fans that come here to share their insight, and to join in a true online Celtics community.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
TP to you Roy for all the work you have done here!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:50:58 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
TP to you Roy for all the work you have done here!

Thanks.  I think I gave you one earlier, but I just gave you another one.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
Thanks buddy,

Hey Roy how many people here do you think have season tickets? I told my dad to get them last summer, before the trades happened (thanks to the info I got from this site, I had a certain inkling that the Celts might make it far this past year) but he aparently never got the memo.

Nowadays its going to be impossible to get good season tickets without breaking the bank. This stinks especially since now theres probably no way I could get tickets for the games going on next year for the few times that I come homefrom school (I go to school in Chicago)... So I keep telling my dad how much we missed out, and how we could have been at all the finals games instead of watching them on tv... It's just too bad...

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:24:17 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I'll second the OP. I love this site. I've been here for about a year and a half I guess. Very well run, and great people here. First place I go after checking email in the morning. No need for sports radio, thank goodness, or newspapers even.  Not familiar with any other Celtic sites- this was the first one I found and I'm happy with it.
Long time C's fan, good times and bad. Not a fan of some of the past coaches or owners but at least the C's are back on top now.
So yes, thanks Celticsblog for the community and the outlet for us fans.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 12:41:14 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I dont remember when i log in here
I really dont
I am pretty sure i violate one of the rules and forgot
my first name here
now I am just Edgar its hard to forget
I have a lot to thank to the place
specially 2000 minutes of nervous breakdown down in the chat
and have to read too much Po
Thanks u all fellow staff, owners, adm, bloggers and casuals
ure the best  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 01:47:28 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This place is a refuge for me, and while I haven't been able to contribute as much as I'd like the last couple of weeks, I still miss it when my day ends without a visit, and I hate that feeling of being "out of the loop" for any length of time.

While I've only just celebrated my 6th month here, I've been a C's fan most of my life, (as early as I can remember), and I wish I had known about CelticsBlog a long time ago. The Mods, the Authors, the Admins, the other bloggers ... I'm not terribly "worldly" when it comes to trying out a lot of other sites, but I can't imagine there are many that compare with the objectivity and mutual respect of this one.

I've made some really great friends here, and made many mistakes, but have always been treated with respect and fairness. I've said thank you many times, too, but it's just one of those things that can never be said too often ... thank you so much, CelticsBlog and all it's people, for making being a Celtic fan far more enjoyable than I ever imagined! God Bless you all!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
This place is great. 

One of the few places you can have an actual sports conversation without 12 year olds (or fools acting like 12 year olds) typing in all caps, yelling about their favorite hyped team/player, acting like a tough guy and ruining boards with multiple trolling posts.