Author Topic: Some players should be traded or let go  (Read 357 times)

Some players should be traded or let go
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:52:26 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Kelly Olynyk continues to rack up a good plus-minus stat. This also happened last year. It seems to transcend his personal stats. In short, when Kelly Olynyk is on the floor, we seem very likely to outscore the opponent. I was under the impression that is the goal in sports, to win.

Maybe +- is a ridiculous stat if one uses it too often or leaves out context.

Olynyk is a high bb iq player. He is doing exactly what Stevens wants. This is why he is back to starting and almost played the whole first quarter against Detroit.

Everything is not always about BB IQ. Sullinger is one of the smartest players on the team. Yet, he refuses to get into game shape. I think it hurts his shooting. You can have the sharpest mind of all, but if your body is incapable of producing what the mind desires, it simply won't matter.

There is a third factor other than BB IQ and talent that I use to determine who I want to stay long-term. I can't really look at the money aspect. One would have to be involved with Danny to utilize that info. I like the Amir Johnson contract. Others feel Danny overpaid. It is basically a one year deal and when healthy, he is probably our best option at center. Amir has talent and BB smarts. He also passes my third condition. Players must not be selfish.

Sullinger passes all three criteria, but he is the exception to the rule. He is overweight. Perhaps a fourth factor is player conditioning

If Sully were in shape, then fine, he would fit in and play 30+ minutes.

Turner lacks BB IQ and is selfish. I can't picture him as anything other than the obvious player who doesn't fit in.

David Lee? Who's that? He has BB IQ but is too old now to complete what his mind requests. He is also extremely selfish.

Thus, if I were to give my core, the players I believe pass all three conditions and are the heart and soul of this team, they would be:

Isaiah Thomas
Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley
Jae Crowder
Olynyk

I would trade anybody but them.

Avery may seem to have a low BB IQ, but that's not really true. He is awful at passing and that appears to be the only thing left he needs to figure out.

On the bubble are Sullinger (conditioning issues), Amir (age/health issues), Zeller (not enough data) and Jerebko (still probably has to prove efficiency).

Re: Some players should be traded or let go
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think Sully's rebounds are necessary on this team.  I also think amir is really serviceable and like our pj brown in ways. Ryan Anderson is out there though and an intriguing player. If im ainge im sticking with this team minus Turner, Lee and Zeller and offering up picks to get a player like Simmons or a lesser guy like Ryan Anderson. Anderson actually would be a really good fit.

I think KO is an important piece like you said. I also like our young shooters RJ and Young.  They are rookies. Rozier is also a nice piece and so is Mickey.

Maybe I'm being a bit greedy but I want to build a dynasty here.

We might have to move a guy like Amir or mickey or some of our young guys to get things done but those are my sticking points.

I don't think this team is that far off.  We are challengers as it stands.

Sully  and Smart need to start knocking down shots. So do our young shooters.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:22:40 PM by walker834 »