Poll

Outside of the Celts, which Boston-area professional team do you most want to win a title?

Bruins
10 (32.3%)
Patriots
10 (32.3%)
Red Sox
4 (12.9%)
Revolution
3 (9.7%)
The Celts are the only Boston-area team I root for
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Outside of the Celts, which Boston-area team do you most want to win a title?  (Read 10221 times)

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

There is plenty, I mean plenty of enough time to watch both teams and follow both teams pretty intensely like I do.

What do you mean by a rare hockey fan, someone who only likes hockey?  Because I love I mean love hockey just like I love football, soccer, baseball, basketball, and wrestling (real wrestling not fake, hate that stuff) too.

Also the whole side of my dad's family loves hockey and the Bruins.

Sure a person can watch tons of both Hockey and Basketball, if they are still a student, or aren't married, or dont' have kids. I have to pick and choose. And sometimes my work week goes for 50-60 hours.

At that point I can barely even catch as many Celtics games as I want. Not to mention MLB playoffs, NFL playoffs, the Basketball NCAA tournament. there's just not enough time for Hockey.

In my experience, most fans in their 30's and beyond (for the above reasons) have to pick and choose which teams they follow to a die-hard degree.

Mike-Dub, do you or your Dad live and die by each NE sports teams fate?

If so, thats cool. Sports in general is your ultimate passion then. Nothing wrong with that.

For me only Celtics Basketball gives me that much of a sports high or that much of a sports low. I'm still riding the high of the C's winning it all in 2008. When the Pats or the Sox win, it is a lot of fun, but the high passes within a few days.

My dad actually works from 6 in the morning to 5 at night every weekday is mairried and has kids and he has time to watch both teams.  And I enjoy other things other than sports, but if you are to busy to watch hockey and other sports I can completely understand that. 

There is not that much  time and all of the leagues take up tons of it.

And yes we do live and die by each New England sports teams fate, but we do move on because they're are way more  important  things in life then sports.

And when the playoffs are on for other leagues what I do is watch my hometeam over them unless of course my hometeam is playing in the playoffs, then I'd watch that home team over a regular season game for another home team.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

There is plenty, I mean plenty of enough time to watch both teams and follow both teams pretty intensely like I do.

What do you mean by a rare hockey fan, someone who only likes hockey?  Because I love I mean love hockey just like I love football, soccer, baseball, basketball, and wrestling (real wrestling not fake, hate that stuff) too.

Sure a person can watch tons of both Hockey and Basketball, if they are still a student, or aren't married, or dont' have kids. I have to pick and choose. And sometimes my work week goes for 50-60 hours.

At that point I can barely even catch as many Celtics games as I want. Not to mention MLB playoffs, NFL playoffs, the Basketball NCAA tournament. there's just not enough time for Hockey.

In my experience, most fans in their 30's and beyond (for the above reasons) have to pick and choose which teams they follow to a die-hard degree.

If so, thats cool. Sports in general is your ultimate passion then. Nothing wrong with that.

For me only Celtics Basketball gives me that much of a sports high or that much of a sports low. I'm still riding the high of the C's winning it all in 2008. When the Pats or the Sox win, it is a lot of fun, but the high passes within a few days.

My dad actually works from 6 in the morning to 5 at night every weekday is mairried and has kids and he has time to watch both teams.  And I enjoy other things other than sports, but if you are to busy to watch hockey and other sports I can completely understand that. 

And yes we do live and die by each New England sports teams fate, but we do move on because they're are way more  important  things in life then sports.

And when the playoffs are on for other leagues what I do is watch my hometeam over them unless of course my hometeam is playing in the playoffs, then I'd watch that home team over a regular season game for another home team.

Cool. TP for you and your dad's strong support of all the NE teams!

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Cool. TP for you and your dad's strong support of all the NE teams!

And a TP to you for your passion,love, and support of the C's!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Anyone but the red sox. I believe there was no bigger celtic basher than a die hard socx fan before the celts got good.

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I would love to see the Revolution win the MLS Cup (no that is not a joke).  I would love to see any of the college teams compete for and win either in Football or Basketball.

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I went for Patriots. I'd like to see Belichek and Brady win another one together.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'm not a hockey fan, so I'll take the Bruins out. 

I went for the Pats, mostly because I think they have a smaller window.  Brady is getting older, as is Moss.  I'm also still bitter about the Giants loss.

With the Sox, the fact of the matter is that this is the planned "down year" and while they're currently in 4th place, they're surging and still have a record that would put them in first in most other divisions.  Knowing that they're going to have more money to spend this summer and the fact that they have a bunch of great prospects coming up makes winning another title more a matter of time than an uncertainty.

With the Pats, it's a little different.  There may not be too many more shots. 

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
For me, The Red Sox, easily. They are my 2nd Favorite MLB team (Behind the ATL Braves).

To be honest, I can't stand the Patriots. That 52-7 drubbing they gave my Redskins back in 2007 still resonates with me ;D.

I don't really follow Hockey.