Author Topic: One fans uninformed opinion  (Read 899 times)

One fans uninformed opinion
« on: June 19, 2019, 07:41:49 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Here’s a bold prediction
Horford isn’t leaving.
He’s doing what he is supposed to, checking the market, weighing his options, not burning bridges.

Re: One fans uninformed opinion
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Here’s a bold prediction
Horford isn’t leaving.
He’s doing what he is supposed to, checking the market, weighing his options, not burning bridges.

He's gone!  The C's are going to build around Tatum/Brown, which they should have done anyway, and Al's age doesn't fit that timeline.  This has been my preferred direction, letting the two J's develop and lead us.  I think we tried to take a shortcut with Kyrie and it didn't work.  Personally, I would rather have had Sexton last year than Kyrie.  A year of Sexton, Tatum, and Brown developing would be special.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:11:03 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Here’s a bold prediction
Horford isn’t leaving.

He's gone!  The C's are going to build around Tatum/Brown, which they should have done anyway, and Al's age doesn't fit that timeline.  This has been my preferred direction, letting the two J's develop and lead us.  I think we tried to take a shortcut with Kyrie and it didn't work.  Personally, I would rather have had Sexton last year than Kyrie.  A year of Sexton, Tatum, and Brown developing would be special.
I agree about building around the Jay’s and that Irving was a shortcut (a gamble that didn’t pay out).
But with Irving gone, we’re back to the squad that took the Cav’s to 7 games. Some people think that season was a fluke, I doubt any player on that team agrees. I believe they are chomping at the bit to prove they are as good as we thought they were.
Horford included.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:18:18 AM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 08:19:04 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Here’s a bold prediction
Horford isn’t leaving.

I agree about building around the Jay’s and that Irving was a shortcut (a gamble that didn’t pay out).
But with Irving gone, we’re back to the squad that took the Cav’s to 7 games. Some people think that season was a fluke, I doubt any player on that team agrees.

Then they need a reality check. That team took advantage of a situation that is no longer applicable. It’d be like bringing back IT and thinking he’ll have another mvp level year.
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 08:33:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Pretty sure he is sadly a goner
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)