Author Topic: Lou amundson says bulls, knicks, boston heat in the mix for him  (Read 10447 times)

Re: Lou amundson says bulls, knicks, boston heat in the mix for him
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Is it too much to ask for just one guy with length?

Thank you!
Just some one 6'11" or taller

Amundson is a 6'9" guy who rebounds and blocks shots at an above-average rate.  Would you prefer a 6'11" who does both at a worse rate?

Dont want a worse player
But if Celtics can get a guy 6'11" or taller with equal skill as Amundson, why not get that guy? Size matters

Its like Brendan Haywood. He's equal in talent to Amundson.  He came in handy in 2011 when the Mavs faced the Lakers and Heat. Big enough to defend Bynum and big enough to keep Lebron and Wade out of the paint

Unless you have Big Baby's wide size, a 6'9" guy is basically a taller small forward

And the point is: where is this 6' 11" guy that you are hypothetically speaking of?

Answer: he doesn't exist on the market right now.  If he did, why wouldn't Danny want him?  Seriously.

And your comment about 6'9" is quite false.  1" makes you a PF or not?  How do you explain Rodman?  How do you explain Sully on our own team?

Yeah those players you mentioned are awesome at offense. But what they're weak at post defense. Yeah the 6'9" guys have energy and "heart", but it does nothing when you're facing big men like Bynum, Tyson Chandler, Duncan, KG, etc., they're at a disadvantage.

. Kenneth Faried is a perfect example. Got all the hustle and rebounds, but couldn't hang with Bynum in the playoffs. Couldn't outrebound him and didn't have the size to defend Bynum or Gasol. 6'8" 6'9" guys play well in the regular season and the first round of the playoffs. But post defense wins championships

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Thank you!

Amundson is a 6'9" guy who rebounds and blocks shots at an above-average rate.  Would you prefer a 6'11" who does both at a worse rate?

Dont want a worse player
But if Celtics can get a guy 6'11" or taller with equal skill as Amundson, why not get that guy? Size matters

Its like Brendan Haywood. He's equal in talent to Amundson.  He came in handy in 2011 when the Mavs faced the Lakers and Heat. Big enough to defend Bynum and big enough to keep Lebron and Wade out of the paint

Unless you have Big Baby's wide size, a 6'9" guy is basically a taller small forward

And the point is: where is this 6' 11" guy that you are hypothetically speaking of?

Answer: he doesn't exist on the market right now.  If he did, why wouldn't Danny want him?  Seriously.

And your comment about 6'9" is quite false.  1" makes you a PF or not?  How do you explain Rodman?  How do you explain Sully on our own team?

Yeah those players you mentioned are awesome at offense. But what they're weak at post defense. Yeah the 6'9" guys have energy and "heart", but it does nothing when you're facing big men like Bynum, Tyson Chandler, Duncan, KG, etc., they're at a disadvantage.

. Kenneth Faried is a perfect example. Got all the hustle and rebounds, but couldn't hang with Bynum in the playoffs. Couldn't outrebound him and didn't have the size to defend Bynum or Gasol. 6'8" 6'9" guys play well in the regular season and the first round of the playoffs. But post defense wins championships

Huh? Farried played very well in the playoffs, and also a freaking rookie. And you're aware that the dude grabbed 10 rebounds a game during the playoffs playing only 28 minutes right? Scored 10 points on 53% shooting from the floor. A 6'8 rookie who averaged a double double against the biggest front court in the NBA.

He actually out rebounded Pau Gasol in less minutes, and Gasol was held to 43% shooting for the series...

Lastly, be aware that Denver had three 7'+ centers in their roster, and you're going to use Farried as your example?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:30:22 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 11:05:07 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

Thank you!

Dont want a worse player

Huh? Farried played very well in the playoffs, and also a freaking rookie. And you're aware that the dude grabbed 10 rebounds a game during the playoffs playing only 28 minutes right? Scored 10 points on 53% shooting from the floor. A 6'8 rookie who averaged a double double against the biggest front court in the NBA.

He actually out rebounded Pau Gasol in less minutes, and Gasol was held to 43% shooting for the series...

Lastly, be aware that Denver had three 7'+ centers in their roster, and you're going to use Farried as your example?

Like I said I never said Farried sucked. He's an awesome player

But do you think that series would have gone 7 games if Denver only had Farried and other 6'9" players?
IMO no way

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:06 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
But do you think that series would have gone 7 games if Denver only had Farried and other 6'9" players?
IMO no way

Denver is BIG. Koufos, McGee, Randolph, Mozgov. Heck, they have three GUARDS taller than 6'6".
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:50 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Here are some names I'd rather have as much or more than Lou Amundson:

Antonio McDyess
Tony Battie
Darko Milicic
Eddy Curry
Jamaal McGloire
Greg Oden signed for next season
Kyrylo Fesenko

His pitiful shooting is a big part of it. He'd be similar to Collins in that we'd be playing 4v5 on offense in our half-court. I'd rather get Eddy Curry on a treadmill than sign Amundson. Or start teaching Fesenko english or something. Is Darko still willing to kill for us?

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
His pitiful shooting is a big part of it. He'd be similar to Collins in that we'd be playing 4v5 on offense in our half-court. I'd rather get Eddy Curry on a treadmill than sign Amundson.

Well, Amundson is better than Curry at rebounding, shot-blocking, and defense, so there is a trade-off.  I have no confidence in Curry's ability to grasp and play within the Celtics' defensive scheme, so I think Doc might have more trust in a smallball lineup that putting Curry on the floor.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 12:45:35 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Rather have hakim warrick.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:50 AM »

Offline dunisho

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
maybe PP and KG can convince PJ Brown to come out of retirement... worked the last time out... ;D

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 02:01:47 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Can't see why he'd want to choose the other options over us..I think we need him more and despite records have as good a shot to make a run

If I was him Id pick the heat and knicks over us. Why would he choose here?

Mmm I see us as having more minutes for him then any of those teams? And besides the heat I'm sorry but I think we can advance further then the Knicks

As a celtics fan I can see why you feel that way but most outsiders don't.

I think that most outsiders have a much higher opinion of the Celtics franchise than you seem to.

Yeah, ooook.

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 04:49:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ed Curry = human pyrite.

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 04:50:57 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
we need amundson and oden next off season

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Here are some names I'd rather have as much or more than Lou Amundson:

Antonio McDyess
Tony Battie
Darko Milicic
Eddy Curry
Jamaal McGloire
Greg Oden signed for next season
Kyrylo Fesenko

His pitiful shooting is a big part of it. He'd be similar to Collins in that we'd be playing 4v5 on offense in our half-court. I'd rather get Eddy Curry on a treadmill than sign Amundson. Or start teaching Fesenko english or something. Is Darko still willing to kill for us?

Yeah, I don't mind if Chicago snags him either.  I'd rather see them develop a young guy with potential, like Henry Sims, than bring in such a limited vet--though Doc very likely doesn't want anything to do with a rookie.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 09:20:29 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Can't see why he'd want to choose the other options over us..I think we need him more and despite records have as good a shot to make a run

Mmm I see us as having more minutes for him then any of those teams? And besides the heat I'm sorry but I think we can advance further then the Knicks

I think that most outsiders have a much higher opinion of the Celtics franchise than you seem to.

Yeah, ooook.

You arent offering too much to the thread huh? Havent offered any opinions just weird comments with no follow up.

But you are an incredibly unbias fan. Its so impressive!!

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Yeah, ooook.

You arent offering too much to the thread huh? Havent offered any opinions just weird comments with no follow up.

But you are an incredibly unbias fan. Its so impressive!!

Learn to read.

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah, ooook.

I have no idea what that means. 

I do know that the players that I see sign here seem to be genuinely impressed with the culture and the professionalism that surrounds this organization.  Combine that with the history of this franchise and a coach who unanimously commands respect and loyalty from those who have played for him, and I believe that this is a franchise that has a lot of allure for many players around the league.

So, "ooook" right back at you.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson