Author Topic: Do posters pay more attention to volume posters?  (Read 108401 times)

Re: Do posters pay more attention to volume posters?
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
One of the strengths of the CelticsBlog is the continued support and activity of the posters...all of the posters...but it is the prolific posters who seem to study the Celtics and the game and the Celtics more closely and who are not afraid to put their opinions on the line.  I speak for myself in thanking them for their facts and opinions.

As far as those volume posters getting more attention, there is a solution.  Write more yourself.  Become known to others who are interested in the subject.  Write funny, or studied, or intelligent or opinionated posts for others to agree, laugh, or argue with.  Make an effort not to be imperious or insulting, realizing that others may not share your opinion, or be interested, in the subject you are posting about.  

This is just my opinion.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Well this thread has kept  me off twitter for like two hours, now I got a whole lot of catching up to do.

Thanks a lot (said angrily)

« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:09 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I usually pay more attention to my posts, they're awesome.

WRONG THREAD!

« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2011, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Just saw this thread and didn't read the whole thing. I think posters will pay more attention to people who have a good reputation. If one guy has posted a ton but I think all of his posts are awful I won't pay attention.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
TP to anybody clever enough to solve the Gordian Knot of what everyone agrees is either a non-existent or unfixable problem.

I got you playa:

« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Just saw this thread and didn't read the whole thing. I think posters will pay more attention to people who have a good reputation. If one guy has posted a ton but I think all of his posts are awful I won't pay attention.

Stop talking about me like I'm not here Evantime.

« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Application to join the Tuff Guyz

Username:RebusRankin
Favorite Color:Black and Blue
Favorite TV Show:Friday Night Lights
High Fives or First Pumps:High Fives
Favorite Existing Poster: SSF all versions
Rate your Tuffness on a scale of 1-10:Regularly 10 but in special occasions when I need more I have a reserve that lets me take it to 11.
Glen Davis overrated, underrated, so underrated he's overrated or so overrated he's underrated: Depends on the particular moment of the game.

Please provide any further information you'd like to let us know about here:
I am Canadian. We live, work and drive in the ice, cold and snow. We invented the manly game of hockey, so we're good with sticks.

« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
And the winner of highest volume poster to not be responded to issss........drum roll.....Roy Hobbs for his Things that Crack you up thread, which featured Barney rapping.

Tied with Roy issssssss Roy!   For his Bob Cousy thread on Jan 21, 2009 in Celtics History

Also notable were 5 different threads on the same night by Dons with 0 responses.

Come on down here guys.   Speech!  Speech!

How'd you do it guys?  Did it take lots of work?   What thread that bombs will you come up with next?  

So if "volume poster" becomes part of the CB vernacular, will it be a compliment or an insult? 

I'm sure a mod will tell me I'm using it wrong either way...JOKING! I'm joking.   :-*

« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2011, 04:55:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
And the winner of highest volume poster to not be responded to issss........drum roll.....Roy Hobbs for his Things that Crack you up thread, which featured Barney rapping.

Tied with Roy issssssss Roy!   For his Bob Cousy thread on Jan 21, 2009 in Celtics History

Also notable were 5 different threads on the same night by Dons with 0 responses.

How'd you do it guys?  Did it take lots of work?   What thread that bombs will you come up with next?  

So if "volume poster" becomes part of the CB vernacular, will it be a compliment or an insult?  

I'm sure a mod will tell me I'm using it wrong either way...JOKING! I'm joking.   :-*

I prefer to be called an Abundant Poster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y
Yup

« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »

Offline Weird Facts

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • OOGIE BOOGEY DELONTE
I just view CELTICSBLOG as a fun place to discuss rumors or possibilities along with vent about annoying calls / players etc.

I had no idea people were actually jealous of other posters or that people used this site to get attention. 

I enjoy remaining anonymous on this site- its a creative outlet for sports fans.

Are there people on here - that constantly check their posts afterward to see what people say?

on second thought don't bother wasting your time answering that because chances are- I won't check to see if anyone responded to this anyway.

I guess that's the beauty of a blog
Fair or bad weather
I'll always be a fan of the green

http://www.cafepress.com/besttees3

« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I had no idea people were actually jealous of other posters or that people used this site to get attention.  

Don't know if there is jealousy as much as there is misunderstanding around these parts of the Internetz. But I think we dealt with that a long time ago (when Original Tommy Point Gate occurred)
Get attention? I don't think so. You can be more or less involved here. It is what it is, ese.

« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I'm sure a mod will tell me I'm using it wrong either way...JOKING! I'm joking.   :-*

Official volume poster

« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
One of the strengths of the CelticsBlog is the continued support and activity of the posters...all of the posters...but it is the prolific posters who seem to study the Celtics and the game and the Celtics more closely and who are not afraid to put their opinions on the line.  I speak for myself in thanking them for their facts and opinions.

As far as those volume posters getting more attention, there is a solution.  Write more yourself.  Become known to others who are interested in the subject.  Write funny, or studied, or intelligent or opinionated posts for others to agree, laugh, or argue with.  Make an effort not to be imperious or insulting, realizing that others may not share your opinion, or be interested, in the subject you are posting about.  

This is just my opinion.

Yeah, just following on this general idea without reading all 22 pages of what has preceded it:  The more you interact with people on CB the more you get to know certain posters and their personality and what they (tend to) post about.

Do I pay more attention to people who have more posts?  On average, yes, but its not because they have more posts per se, its because I know them.  When scrolling through topics with lots of responses (like this one) I don't have time to read every one of them.  Instead I stop and skim a few of people I know (well, I guess I should write "know").  As just one example, that's why I'm responding to thirstyboots...

:)

but it could just as easily have been ACF...

You can be more or less involved here. It is what it is, ese.

^and on that point I completely agree.  There are times when I find myself taking self-imposed "time outs".  eg: after the Cs lost the finals last summer.  ugh. bad memory. shouldn't have brought it up. ok, back to tonights game...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, when I see the word Volume, I think of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwsbJa9QyKo&feature=related

He was labeled a volume shooter...loved the guy. Not perfect by any stretch. But he earned the right to be a Celtic and a Leader of the team.

He was frustrating to watch at times, too. There were a few times that I wished he was shipped out of town, back in the day.

But I'm glad he was a Celtic. Nothing wrong with volume people.

« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Well, when I see the word Volume, I think of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwsbJa9QyKo&feature=related

He was labeled a volume shooter...loved the guy. Not perfect by any stretch. But he earned the right to be a Celtic and a Leader of the team.

He was frustrating to watch at times, too. There were a few times that I wished he was shipped out of town, back in the day.

But I'm glad he was a Celtic. Nothing wrong with volume people.

Who's that Celtic behind Walker?
Celtics fan for life.